End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually disney is doing worse than nick (viacom) as far as viewership and revenue.

i dont really think either could make it work long term (5 years into a streaming service) without teaming up at some point or coming under some wider umbrella, but what company is gonna foster that? not netflix cause it'd be too much money on top of the og content they are doing

Main reason I can see Disney doing better than others because they have their own huge catalog plus the Marvel stuff, everything from LucasFilm, The pixar library.....Looking into it deeper they even have stuff like the old Saban Entertainment and Fox kids stuff.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why i still bootleg and download shyt. Fukk streaming music and i only stream shows people recommend to me on kodi netflix or prime. Im not copping another service plus i got the bootleg nba league pass plug

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which issues, breh?

Content issues, but those are mostly caused by studios not willing to give stuff up or asking for too much.

Netflix has been smart about creating original content or rebranding stuff from overseas as original. Netflix's film library is getting weaker and weaker and I'd argue that Hulu has surpassed their TV library.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Which issues, breh?
Number 1 is that they are overspending. I think they are 20 billion dollars in debt right now.
Number 2 is that they are focusing too much on there own productions.
Number 3 is a product of number 2. They aren't adding any great non Netflix original titles. The overall library has been shrinking and the quality is diminishing greatly.

They are betting way too much on their ability to make their own content. Now this Disney Haymaker.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Content issues, but those are mostly caused by studios not willing to give stuff up or asking for too much.

Netflix has been smart about creating original content or rebranding stuff from overseas as original. Netflix's film library is getting weaker and weaker and I'd argue that Hulu has surpassed their TV library.
Exactly. I'd argue that Netflix has become stupid about creating there own content cause they are spending just way too much.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Fresh Prince was NBC.

Martin and Living Single are Fox.

I think the only viable black sitcoms that ABC has are Family Matters and Black-ish. I don't think anybody is really craving old episodes of Good Times or The Jeffersons.

I think Hulu has a deal with ABC, but I can see that getting pulled with this new deal.

How Prime and Hulu will be affected is begin overlooked too. They have a bunch of Disney owned stuff on their services also.
:mjcry:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
aren't they at the mercy of these studios?

can't really provide content if these studios are strong arming it for themsevles.
their time to capitalize has passed

oh well

Netflix needs to figure out if they're gonna be a platform or content creator...theres not room for booth anymore.

In the age of the internet, content is king :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
actually disney is doing worse than nick (viacom) as far as viewership and revenue.

i dont really think either could make it work long term (5 years into a streaming service) without teaming up at some point or coming under some wider umbrella, but what company is gonna foster that? not netflix cause it'd be too much money on top of the og content they are doing
You know Disney.

This is the company that had some of the shyttest websites on the internet for years as the web matured.

They're going to do it.

They're going to fukk it up

And they're going to make money doing it.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Number 1 is that they are overspending. I think they are 20 billion dollars in debt right now.
Number 2 is that they are focusing too much on there own productions.
Number 3 is a product of number 2. They aren't adding any great non Netflix original titles. The overall library has been shrinking and the quality is diminishing greatly.

They are betting way too much on their ability to make their own content. Now this Disney Haymaker.
Which issues, breh?

Where they GREATLY fukked up was the movies.

Gentlemen/women...do you have ANY idea how many titles are NOT available for streaming, but fukking DVD?

Bruh, at that point I'm just pirating the shyt.

DVD? In 2017?

Netflix is STUPID for not digitizing all that content instead of giving me a goddamn DVD.