End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Hulu and Netflix bout to merge = huluflix
Are you [COMMERCIAL BREAK] sure [COMMERCIAL BREAK] about that? I mean I [COMMERCIAL BREAK] don't know if it could [COMMERCIAL BREAK] ever really [COMMERCIAL BREAK] happen that way. I mean its plausi-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-ble but it seems like [COMMERCIAL BREAK] each [COMMERCIAL BREAK] company [COMMERCIAL BREAK] face [COMMERCIAL BREAK] more obstacles in [COMMERCIAL BREAK] nego-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-tiating deals [COMMERCIAL BREAK] at [COMMERCIAL BREAK] the [COMMERCIAL BREAK] end [COMMERCIAL BREAK] of the day.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Marvel TV shows will remain.
200w.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't Disney already have a online streaming service?
Only in the UK.

They have Disney Movies Anywhere here but that's basically just an online locker tied to amazon/itunes/google/vudu.

It's basically gone away if you look at the signs like I said and is morphing to add all the other studios

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
All who said Netflix is banking on their original content and overspending developing them are 100% correct. There's no way in fawk that The Get Down should cost more to make per episode than Game of Thrones. Bloodline is an excellent show but the production has no cgi or explosions etc, it's basic as hell. Why and how are they spending 7 to 8.5 million per episode with not a single A list actor on that show? :mindblown: Because of its budget Netflix almost didn't give that show a final season which would've had me going :damn:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Folks...the minute a "Star Wars" live action original tv series is announced..

Along with Disney slowly moving out of the release movies to theater business (something Netflix has long predicted)

Along with ANY of the Marvel properties moving on to this service like...like a "Wakanda" show (for example)

We will see how genius this move was.

Moves Disney closer to the D2C business

And they are creating a footprint in the E-Sports scene as well in terms of broadcasting.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Along with Disney slowly moving out of the release movies to theater business (something Netflix has long predicted)

Along with ANY of the Marvel properties moving on to this service like...like a "Wakanda" show (for example)

And they are creating a footprint in the E-Sports scene as well in terms of broadcasting.

The minute Disney Acquired Marvel and Star Wars they should have been launched their own Digital Distribution Streaming Service with Original Content...

That way they could have had their own Network they left money on the table for years because they board of directors is a bunch of fukking idiots. They should have been on that future kick. but they didnt get it now they getting in late in the game. :francis:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

These type shows cost big bucks to produce. A Star Wars tv series would be a anchor for the service but more than likely teeter around a GOT budget per episode and they would have to have the subscriber base like Netflix to pull this off. They're jumping into the streaming game late as hell

This is really what the issue is. These deals get worked out YEARS in advance. The Disney/Netflix deal was signed back in 2012 and didn't start until 2016.

The studios saw how big Netflix grew in the past 5-6 years and they want too much $$$$$ for their good shyt so netflix said fukk em and started making their own.

Netflix was viewed as a cute pet project just 6 years ago.. They literally had no clue they were feeding a future behemoth that could ruin them all. Netflix didn't even know what they had stumbled on to cause they were too busy pimpin the DVD mailing service- the streaming shyt was just a little something they threw on the side. Remember they had the entire Starz library new and old on Netflix when I first got it years ago. Like we could've been watching entire seasons of Power and the latest episode when it dropped. But now all these studios are hip to the game and charging 5x the amount for their content