End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This shyt is motivated by pure greed. This shyt makes no fukking sense when you look at it logically. People consume media from ALL of these companies and this battle of streaming services is just going trying to make people pick sides, which they wont do.

It's far more likely that people stick with what they've already got and illegally download the other stuff. Like I said the limit for most people is 3 streaming services and most people are already at their limit.
this is just like when they all tried to invent their own video clips online and damn near broke the internet

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix is fukking up too...they're too slow to provide offerings, they don't offer full seasons, etc.

SO many mistakes

The only reason Netflix isn't offering more content is because the content providers are either refusing to sell or asking for too much. Netflix's library of content use to be MUCH bigger, but it started shrinking as the other companies started trying their own services.

There's also a bit of bidding war for content going on. A lot of shyt that's one Amazon Prime exclusively used to be on Netflix.

The smartest thing Netflix can do is go after some of the black sitcoms that people have been asking for...They'll bring in more subscriptions if they add stuff like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, and Living Single.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing Netflix has in it's favor is that they have the best user interface by far...It's fairly easy to find content on Netflix.

Looking for stuff on Amazon Prime is a pain in the ass. Hulu is alright. HBO GO is well known for being terrible.

I can only imagine how fukking awful Disney's streaming service will be....They tend to go for style over functionality.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Disney might be the only huge media company that can do their own streaming service and thrive. They have a LOT of content that a large group of people are hungry for....

The problem with these streaming services is that most people have a limit of 3 that they'll pay for....the more of these services that pop up there more people are going to have to decide what they're willing to cut and how they can get the most value for their dollar.

Netflix is good for original content and old tv shows. Prime is just a good bargain overall if you use their shipping services and they're building their own solid catalog of original content.

Something is gonna have to give. I co-sign whoever said that Disney should just buy Netflix. That way they could put the whole Disney catalog on there, have next day streaming of ABC shows, and even ESPN's original content. They'd just have to let Netflix continue to do their own thing with the original content and not censor them in any way.
But we know that will never happen, if they ever bought Netflix kiss shows like Netflix/marvel or narcos goodbye

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This shyt is motivated by pure greed. This shyt makes no fukking sense when you look at it logically. People consume media from ALL of these companies and this battle of streaming services is just going trying to make people pick sides, which they wont do.

It's far more likely that people stick with what they've already got and illegally download the other stuff. Like I said the limit for most people is 3 streaming services and most people are already at their limit.

I'm so sick of this shyt. many this is what the music industry streaming services were trying to do with that jay-z kanye west drake bullshyt. all I'm gonna do is just get it by "other means".

I got netflix and amazon. I'm not subscribing to ANY additional streaming services.

as for netflix tanking, it might be the time to buy some shares :ohhh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Look at what you pay for already.

Do you have spotify/tidal/Apple Music?

Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime?

Any Patreon/GoFundme/etcs?

This shyt is adding up something proper...

yup. we gonna be at the point where having cable/satellite will be the better option cuz at least everything is consolidated there with all these seperate pay streaming services..

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The only reason Netflix isn't offering more content is because the content providers are either refusing to sell or asking for too much. Netflix's library of content use to be MUCH bigger, but it started shrinking as the other companies started trying their own services.

There's also a bit of bidding war for content going on. A lot of shyt that's one Amazon Prime exclusively used to be on Netflix.

The smartest thing Netflix can do is go after some of the black sitcoms that people have been asking for...They'll bring in more subscriptions if they add stuff like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, and Living Single.
They already added fresh prince to their European service but wouldn't those acquisitions just be on borrowed time. Surely one of those shows were on cbs or abc

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'm so sick of this shyt. many this is what the music industry streaming services were trying to do with that jay-z kanye west drake bullshyt. all I'm gonna do is just get it by "other means".

I got netflix and amazon. I'm not subscribing to ANY additional streaming services.

as for netflix tanking, it might be the time to buy some shares :ohhh:
You buy shares when it's getting big not when it's teetering

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
They'll bring in more subscriptions if they add stuff like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, and Living Single.
viacom aint givin all that up. :mjlol:

they are coming up with their own streaming service too, which is why you dont/wont see viacom content on netflix anymore real soon either. :myman:

these cable networks are not going down without a fight. netflix is gonna have to pay up or the market segmentation will get bigger as these cable/broadcast companies improve their tech chops

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They already added fresh prince to their European service but wouldn't those acquisitions just be on borrowed time. Surely one of those shows were on cbs or abc

Fresh Prince was NBC.

Martin and Living Single are Fox.

I think the only viable black sitcoms that ABC has are Family Matters and Black-ish. I don't think anybody is really craving old episodes of Good Times or The Jeffersons.

I think Hulu has a deal with ABC, but I can see that getting pulled with this new deal.

How Prime and Hulu will be affected is begin overlooked too. They have a bunch of Disney owned stuff on their services also.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
viacom aint givin all that up. :mjlol:

they are coming up with their own streaming service too, which is why you dont/wont see viacom content on netflix anymore real soon either. :myman:

these cable networks are not going down without a fight. netflix is gonna have to pay up or the market segmentation will get bigger as these cable/broadcast companies improve their tech chops

Viacom's shyt will flop too.

This is definitely an attempt to drive people back to cable though. Disney really is the only company that could make this work, and that's mostly because they have such a huge library. Too bad they sold Miramax.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
Viacom's shyt will flop too.

This is definitely an attempt to drive people back to cable though. Disney really is the only company that could make this work, and that's mostly because they have such a huge library. Too bad they sold Miramax.
actually disney is doing worse than nick (viacom) as far as viewership and revenue.

i dont really think either could make it work long term (5 years into a streaming service) without teaming up at some point or coming under some wider umbrella, but what company is gonna foster that? not netflix cause it'd be too much money on top of the og content they are doing