End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Let's look at the facts
It's new films
Not until 2019
Netflix is clearly pushing towards original programming
Disney never made netflix what it is today
thats a year and a half man...its not like Disney releases 4 movies a year. Thats right around the corner. its mid about to be 4th quarter 2017.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Good find and post, and WOW.

So.. Disney owns ESPN now, I must have somehow missed that.
They're making major, major moves.

I'm surprised it causes such a dip in stock price for Netflix though since most people don't go to Netflix to watch Disney movies (I think, I'm basing this on own usage and people around me).

Is Disney/Pixar/Star Wars really such a big deal on Netflix?
What kinda question is this breh :dead:

Interestingly, the Variety specified that they're not sure what will happen with Marvel/Lucasfilm films yet, those may just go to VOD providers and maybe not this new service

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You know they prolly won't go that deep into the vault....shyt Nickelodeon is sitting on a goldmine of classic 90's shyt that they refuse to let folks stream:francis:
RIGHT.

I don't know why people haven't raised more of an issue with this.

Streaming is barely the content availability it seems to be.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah everybody is making a streaming service now. After seeing how well Netflix and Amazon are doing...

Not enough room for everyone tho..
a lot of these networks gonna fukk around and take a HUGE L by over-investing in architecture and infrastructure to stream instead of making quality content and selling it.

Some of these premium networks need to fall back.

Starz :ufdup:

Showtime :ufdup:

HBO...you too :ufdup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Good point. And I'm sure Netflix can be improved on in some way but uh myspace was flawed with the blaring music and stupid graphics. It was more ripe for improvement compared to Netflix.
This is unrealistic...basically amazon might be the only one to survive because Amazon also low-key owns the backbone most of these

Netflix Case Study – Amazon Web Services (AWS)
www.networkworld.com/article/3037428/cloud-computing/netflix-is-not-really-all-in-on-amazon-s-cloud.html
Netflix finishes its massive migration to the Amazon cloud

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kinda question is this breh :dead:

Interestingly, the Variety specified that they're not sure what will happen with Marvel/Lucasfilm films yet, those may just go to VOD providers and maybe not this new service

I'm wodering how that shyt is gonna work because some of Netflix's original programming is OWNED by Disney. The Mouse owns Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Punisher.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They trying to squeeze people for every nickle but it's not gonna happen. Disney has a legit shot, but these other services are doomed. HBO going is pretty much kept afloat because of Game of Thrones, but what happens when that's over? The service WB is going to try is all but dead on arrival, the CBS service is already a flop.

These other companies are going to HAVE to deal with Netflix, Prime, and Hulu because their own services are going to flop.
There is no reason WB is pretty much HBO, Warner needs to merge all their shyt under a new banner.
CBS already spoke on them, they have terrible management.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
a lot of these networks gonna fukk around and take a HUGE L by over-investing in architecture and infrastructure to stream instead of making quality content and selling it.

Some of these premium networks need to fall back.

Starz :ufdup:

Showtime :ufdup:

HBO...you too :ufdup:

I haven't heard of Starz or Showtime making any streaming services.

HBO after GoT is done... well yeah their gonna need to fall back :manny:

shyt is silly. Like dude was saying, people got 3-4 streaming services they will subscribe too. The whole reason people went down this route, was because shyt isn't as expensive as cable.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is motivated by pure greed. This shyt makes no fukking sense when you look at it logically. People consume media from ALL of these companies and this battle of streaming services is just going trying to make people pick sides, which they wont do.

It's far more likely that people stick with what they've already got and illegally download the other stuff. Like I said the limit for most people is 3 streaming services and most people are already at their limit.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I haven't heard of Starz or Showtime making any streaming services.

HBO after GoT is done... well yeah their gonna need to fall back :manny:

shyt is silly. Like dude was saying, people got 3-4 streaming services they will subscribe too. The whole reason people went down this route, was because shyt isn't as expensive as cable.
Netflix is fukking up too...they're too slow to provide offerings, they don't offer full seasons, etc.

SO many mistakes