End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

Good find and post, and WOW.

So.. Disney owns ESPN now, I must have somehow missed that.
They're making major, major moves.

I'm surprised it causes such a dip in stock price for Netflix though since most people don't go to Netflix to watch Disney movies (I think, I'm basing this on own usage and people around me).

Is Disney/Pixar/Star Wars really such a big deal on Netflix?

Also this ESPN streaming service with 10,000 sports events per year.. how does this work with the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL TV deals.. is there for instance a deal for cable TV and a separate one for streaming that will be exclusive to Disney ESPN?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
In the make or buy argument I'm usually with make but in this case they should just buy Netflix and make that the Disney streaming service. They the #1 brand name in streaming already.
True BUT there was a point where MySpace was the #1 in social media, should Facebook have competed with them OR bought them?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm surprised it causes such a dip in stock price for Netflix though since most people don't go to Netflix to watch Disney movies (I think, I'm basing this on own usage and people around me).

Also this ESPN streaming service with 10,000 sports events per year.. how does this work with the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL TV deals.. is there for instance a deal for cable TV and a separate one for streaming that will be exclusive to Disney ESPN?

Disney has owned ESPN for over a decade breh.

They own ESPN, ABC, Marvel, LucasFilm, Pixar, and A&E.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
True BUT there was a point where MySpace was the #1 in social media, should Facebook have competed with them OR bought them?
Good point. And I'm sure Netflix can be improved on in some way but uh myspace was flawed with the blaring music and stupid graphics. It was more ripe for improvement compared to Netflix.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

well this just proves that Netflix is only propped up by companies who don't invest in native content streams...theres no real dominance here.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disney might be the only huge media company that can do their own streaming service and thrive. They have a LOT of content that a large group of people are hungry for....

The problem with these streaming services is that most people have a limit of 3 that they'll pay for....the more of these services that pop up there more people are going to have to decide what they're willing to cut and how they can get the most value for their dollar.

Netflix is good for original content and old tv shows. Prime is just a good bargain overall if you use their shipping services and they're building their own solid catalog of original content.

Something is gonna have to give. I co-sign whoever said that Disney should just buy Netflix. That way they could put the whole Disney catalog on there, have next day streaming of ABC shows, and even ESPN's original content. They'd just have to let Netflix continue to do their own thing with the original content and not censor them in any way.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm actually down for a Disney Streaming service.
Look at what you pay for already.

Do you have spotify/tidal/Apple Music?

Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime?

Any Patreon/GoFundme/etcs?

This shyt is adding up something proper...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I get HBO Go for free and got six months of free Netflix credited to my account. I'll pay for it again when the credit is over but I'm not tryna have a bunch of different streaming services when I can and was getting all this shyt for $free.99 before:camby:
its like these companies are not learning.

You already got premium networks not offering shyt on Netflix and offering each premium network for like 15-20 a month.

All of this adds up

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Disney owns ABC, which owned ESPN or had the majority ownership of ESPN.
So remember everything you see that is owned by ABC can also stream on the Disney shyt. Think of the tv shows that would cover when you look at the stations they own.
Disney–ABC Television Group - Wikipedia

Disney should be eating good off of this.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They trying to squeeze people for every nickle but it's not gonna happen. Disney has a legit shot, but these other services are doomed. HBO going is pretty much kept afloat because of Game of Thrones, but what happens when that's over? The service WB is going to try is all but dead on arrival, the CBS service is already a flop.

These other companies are going to HAVE to deal with Netflix, Prime, and Hulu because their own services are going to flop.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

I have Netflix and I got Amazon Prime for half off

I only get Spotify when they do the 3 months for $10

I support only one patreon. I'm honestly not paying much for all of that