End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
Funny you bring up Sandler, they said his deal is actually one of their better deals because people watch his content.
No one likes to admit it but he pulls in and keeps viewers, its just the viewers are ashamed to admit it, but you can't hide the data from Netflix.
why not be more aggressive with snatching up films from the festivals.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
why not be more aggressive with snatching up films from the festivals.
I don't disagree, its their tv series content that I think is over priced.
The Get Down cost more than games of thrones, how that was greenlight is amazing to me, whoever greenlit it needs to be fired.
If I'm netflix I do what you say buy films from festivals and distribute them to theaters, on top of that I introduce a Netflix Theater level, where the movies they own distribution for that are in theater can be viewed immediately for say 30 dollars for that film, before it filters to regular netflix, that way they can eat on both ends.

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
I don't disagree, its their tv series content that I think is over priced.
The Get Down cost more than games of thrones, how that was greenlight is amazing to me, whoever greenlit it needs to be fired.
If I'm netflix I do what you say buy films from festivals and distribute them to theaters, on top of that I introduce a Netflix Theater level, where the movies they own distribution for that are in theater can be viewed immediately for say 30 dollars for that film, before it filters to regular netflix, that way they can eat on both ends.
At first I thought that $30 price point was way too high but then I remembered how much going to the movies cost. That price would have to flex with what movie it is and hype around it but I think it could work just need a better price point and good selling point to make it work

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
if the OG disney afternoon shows are on there..I might bite the bullet on'em

they never finished releasing Darkwing and I think ducktales on DVD, let alone blu-ray...so if we can have them streamable...shyt would be :blessed:

should just partner w/ netflix though...save me another streaming option

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
if the OG disney afternoon shows are on there..I might bite the bullet on'em

they never finished releasing Darkwing and I think ducktales on DVD, let alone blu-ray...so if we can have them streamable...shyt would be :blessed:

should just partner w/ netflix though...save me another streaming option

You know they prolly won't go that deep into the vault....shyt Nickelodeon is sitting on a goldmine of classic 90's shyt that they refuse to let folks stream:francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
it's too many streaming services as it is now.

This sadly.

We at a point where its becoming overwhelming and expensive, unless you stick to a service that works.

I'm rocking with Amazon Prime and FIlmstruck over here. Reasonably priced and actually has the movies that I WANT to watch.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You know they prolly won't go that deep into the vault....shyt Nickelodeon is sitting on a goldmine of classic 90's shyt that they refuse to let folks stream:francis:
That is Viacom's fault Viacom/CBS sitting on star trek won't stream them and only putting a new show on air online.
they have no idea what they are doing digitally.