End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let's say Disney DID try to do original content. What have they done recently that suggest they are willing to spend money on producing quality original content? Look at their ABC shows. CHEAP AS fukk. I refuse to watch that Inhumans bullshyt, it looks worse than something from CW.

If they actually put some money behind a Star Wars show or if they bought X-Men and did something with them like an action/political drama series it'd be dope. But they won't pony up.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good find and post, and WOW.

So.. Disney owns ESPN now, I must have somehow missed that.
They're making major, major moves.

I'm surprised it causes such a dip in stock price for Netflix though since most people don't go to Netflix to watch Disney movies (I think, I'm basing this on own usage and people around me).

Is Disney/Pixar/Star Wars really such a big deal on Netflix?

Also this ESPN streaming service with 10,000 sports events per year.. how does this work with the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL TV deals.. is there for instance a deal for cable TV and a separate one for streaming that will be exclusive to Disney ESPN?
Bruh Disney BEEN owned ESPN

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones is never ending. They will do prequels to Robert's Rebellion and all types of shyt.
1. A Robert's Rebellion show is not happening

2. Prequels don't guarantee anything. How many episodes of Better Call Saul have you seen?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I get HBO Go for free and got six months of free Netflix credited to my account. I'll pay for it again when the credit is over but I'm not tryna have a bunch of different streaming services when I can and was getting all this shyt for $free.99 before:camby:

i keep telling y'all to say fukk streaming and own all your shyt you like.
i own all the old shyt i like and sooner or later i will have a setup where.
at best i just bring in basketball as the only new media or sports and michael and michele and be done with trying to have a service all together.

there is not to much out i don't own and i feel they are not going to make anything that much better.
as a remake or new in the future like that.
to warrant owning it like that.
after seeing it in a movie possibly, and i mean in a movie possibly if that.

these goofballs have ruined quality and creativity because of it and politicized it past the point of no return.
on the nose dive to the dismal hell of all media being b grade low quality content in essence.

media is going to become all classified by the public access channel quality rating system in a minute.

after the live action superhero shows and movies, what else is there.
they have no more new toys or clothes or movements to make good or rape past the point of no return.

i feel for y'all moving forward because it is gonna be as bad as the nineties were for media.
when there was no cgi to move the creativity forward past physical effect limits.

now, since they have lowered quality across the board.
they have the capability to make quality and retrain the new audience.
instead they go for the low rate b grade meets super market rag drawing at best quality crowd on everything now.

i feel for this new gen,....
they gon low grade y'all to death.

art barr

last thing left imo, is to make robotech with black actors as the main cast members.
where you get past the anime and asian self misappropiation of the media.
plus, reality base the idea of a minmei as a black rnb singer.
whereas, a family of pilots like rick and roy from a family of black angel fighter pilots.
which creates linkage in commander folker being and having a love interest in claudia.
including the idea of commander glovall to the bridge bunnies being a full black cast as well.
not to mention the totality of the crew and population of the sdf-one as well.

i think hollywood magic to change the cast of robotech black in a real world film.
would aid robotech in getting made and take it out of the frame of the anime asian ideal.
while also hodge podging in the domestic adaptation and the do you believe in love adaptation. without scrutiny because the race implement has changed and gives it more intrigue where earth is pretty much eventually destroyed by the masters invasion and sets up the idea of most survivors of earth being black aboard the sdf.
plus, dana being black and also matching her buddy angle who was also black as well.

if it does not work to link dana and the first movie as being a black cast.
you can cop out and have a white guy be scott bernard and a black guy be rand.
where now you have two movies left with the appropiate white hero in bernard with the robotech master series from the domestic adaptation. plus the later and subsequent sequel to robotech.
which gives the conclusion to the series and has a two for two setup.
where the first film dealt with the sudden idea of black people as the underlying main survivors aboard the sdf and essentially the last of the unaffected human population.
plus, the second half if the racial angle was poor received.
still had a white hype hero in scott bernard to come in as the conclusion of the series in two movies to squelch any issues with draw because of race and misappropiation of characters hampering the franchise

as, imo...although i am not a fan of independence day.

it has shown a black fighter pilot hero based movie with an attractive showbiz girlfriend will draw blockbuster wise if done on just bullshyt.
so, imo...if ported by just changing the characters to black in the first installments of the domestic robotech amalgamation. i think it would do well.
amidst any grumbling of the cast being changed to black.

imo, robotech makes more real world film sense if the leads in the first two installments are mainly black.

art barr

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Prequels ARE happening.

2. I've seen every episode of Better Call Saul :gucci:
I didn't say prequels. GOT prequels will happen. Robert's Rebellion is not one of them. George Martin is on record with this.

Congratulations on you and the 9 other people that have seen every episode of Better Call Saul

Point is relying on future spin-offs is not such a great idea

When GOT ends HBO Go is gonna take a huge hit

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Let's say Disney DID try to do original content. What have they done recently that suggest they are willing to spend money on producing quality original content? Look at their ABC shows. CHEAP AS fukk. I refuse to watch that Inhumans bullshyt, it looks worse than something from CW.

If they actually put some money behind a Star Wars show or if they bought X-Men and did something with them like an action/political drama series it'd be dope. But they won't pony up.

Breh there is no "IF"

Disney IS doing original content on this service. They said so on the earnings call yesterday. If nothing else the DC/WB streaming service launching next year with Titans and Young Justice/Outsiders means they putore marvel exclusive stuff on it. And they would actually spend the $$ to make it look right.

And I've thought about what I said about exiting the theater biz. I could totally see them releasing their movies on this service say 2 weeks ahead of a theatrical release date which.would be a way to get folks to consider signing up for the platform.

But make no mistake Disney is firmly in the D2C model.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
well this just proves that Netflix is only propped up by companies who don't invest in native content streams...theres no real dominance here.
Their dominance comes from self-created content like House of Cards. They own that content and they have shows that have huge followings, Orange is the new black is another one. And they always have something you can watch, so that´s the second key to it.