Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Upon multiple listens today I enjoy this album even more. This was the best I’ve heard him rap since “The Eminem Show” and “Music To Be Murdered By.” He was focused, sharp, and knew what he wanted to do.

The symbolic “death” of his alter ego is basically him telling the fans “Hey yall I know yall want the old me back. But I can’t do that shyt now…so I’m gonna do an album proving what would happen if i keep doing this.”

“Fuel” is VINTAGE Marshall. Thats one of them verses you play for somebody to prove why your favorite rapper considers him one of the GOATs. JID killed it too…but selfish side of me REALLY wanted Kendrick on there with him :wow:

Hearing Bizarre on the album was a nice surprise. But I will say the only guest rappers missing on this album were Royce, 50, and Dre.

The random lines of him dissing midgets, fat people, deaf people, and walking the line with the transgenders legit made me :russ: cause I KNEW folks will feel away.

What’s also amazing to me on how soft/stupid people are is the fact he left that PSA on twitter ENCOURAGING the listener to LISTEN to the album in its entirety to understand it and folks literally refused :snoop:

He literally spelled it out for you on the first single “Houdini” and pretty much kept doing it through out the album. Even had “Marshall”’s commentary where he is like “Bro WTF :damn:!!”

“Guilty Conscience 2” basically sums up the album. Like literally spells it out…if people don’t want to get it…whatever. It’s been 24 years since MMLP and folks still fall for the :troll:

My only complaints about the album is that after “Guilty Conscience 2” the album kinda wells out its welcome towards the end.

“Temporary” is a GREAT record. But I swear to God, i don’t want to hear another gotdamn Hailie tribute record. You damn near can make a whole mixtape of all her tribute records spread throughout his albums over his career.

Also “Somebody Save Me” is a great record too. But I heard this concept already on “Arose” on “Revival.”

If I had it my way, I would have took out “Temporary,” and “Bad One.” Leave “Somebody Save Me” but when Jelly Roll is singing the hook for the final time. You hear Shady yell “Yo what the fukk is the bullshyt?” and the song cuts out.

Then the final track is very reminiscent of “Underground” and “Evil Twin” where Shady is rapping from beyond the grave. Pretty much like i stated before, if Marshall is rapping from heaven, then Shady is rapping from hell. It’s like a fake out ending.

The final moments of the album is hearing Shady raise from the grave just like the beginning of the album and the cycle continues. Like you can go back to track 1 and it’s like Em is in limbo..

Other than that. I fukks with this album :obama:

Don’t know where I’m gonna rank it yet, but i feel it will be somewhere between “Music To Be Murdered By,” and “Kamikaze.”

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
im sitting here in tears listening to antichrist this shyt is so ass yo :russ::russ::russ::russ: i cant stop laughin when he did that double time whatever the fukk. this shyt just aint for me yo this album is ass im out
you bugging dog. Where Bruce Jenner at??? I wanna fukk that bytch

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
"Hanging on the left wing
Of Jeffrey Epstein's jet screaming
"Hey don't forget me!"

:dead: some bars on this album had me laughing my ass off
My thinking is primitive but when it comes to giving it to anybody boy is bruce generous, and I’m about as much of a boy as Bruce Jenner is, cuz I’m not a boy I’m a man bytch (manbytch), my speech is free as your choice to choose gender is :wow: :russ:

Superstar
Daps
This wasn’t bad at all, I don’t know why there was so much crying about it this morning.

Listened to the common x Pete album on the way to work, listened to this on the way home. I prefer the common album, and will listen to it for years to come, but this isn’t the trash some of you potato eared nikkas made it out to be.

I’ll probably run back through both on my way to KEH to pick up my lens tomorrow

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
I'm halfway through and there's been Caitlyn Jenner bars on 4 or 5 songs :francis: So edgy :krs:

Edit: And he just spit another one :dead: and more pronoun bars. And yet another Christopher Reeves bar :yawn:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'm halfway through and there's been Caitlyn Jenner bars on 4 or 5 songs :francis: So edgy :krs:

Edit: And he just spit another one :dead: and more pronoun bars. And yet another Christopher Reeves bar :yawn:
He really needs to get off her dikk, shyt is played out now

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Album is OK, definitely a few slappers and Em put in work for most of it. Too repetitive and a few classic God awful Em joints. I'm surprised, even with the "concept", that he went after his mom again.

I prefer some of his other post-Relapse (which I fukking love) albums to this. Kamikaze comes to mind first.

I respect that he shyts on Puff all over this project.