Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Just finished listening to the album. Road Runner Rage is the dopest song on the album, for me.

Lucifer and Antichrist had some nice beats, despite of the weird titles.

As of now I’m listening to Pete Rock and Common. Just released as well.

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
This is his most consistent album in a decade, which is also a testament to how bad the albums inbetween were.

The concept works, the rapping is on point and he actually has some pretty funny bars on here. Hes making fun of himself and his public persona, which is more in line with his early albums.

The production works, you might need that Eminem sound for this type of album. I still think the best thing he could do now is get out of his comfort zone. He should give up some creative control and actually collab with a producer. Just stop trying to please everyone, and stop producing your own songs. I mean he sometimes does a good job, but its usually overproduced and almost any producer would do a better job.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
better material then 99 percent of the rappers out there. And Em is old.

an indictment on rap/hip-hop that a guy whose best albums were older than many rappers alive and still puts out better stuff

Daps
Such a crazy situation that I'm not sure I've seen before in music. Relapse got so much backlash on release and now it's generally considered one of his best albums. Audiences do not like to be challenged, I remember listening to Relapse when it came out and it took me a bit to 'get used to it' and then I realized how incredible it was, and I wanted more of that from him since then, and haven't gotten it until now.
Discombobulated is probably the last we'll get unless he does another album similar to this where he goes through all of his eras.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Going with this..

1. Renaissance
2. Habits
3. Trouble
4. Evil
5. All You Got
6. Lucifer