Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Daps
Evil-Fuel is a great stretch of tracks, Fuel being one the songs of the year, the album opener is great too

But, man, it’s criminal that beat at the end of the Antichrist was wasted on Bizarre :mjcry: best beat on the whole album

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The groupies are here for idol worship nothing more nothing less :mjlol:

Like em still a big name. as a fan of the art form i want to see if he returns to close to at least TES.

after today I will literally never listen to anything off of this shyt again so yeah I'mma get my opinion off fukk it :manny:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
If thats an example to show he has still has something left he need to hang it up. Its a okay song but ehhh its w/e.

No one can ever question eminem can rap but this dude literally either be talking about nothing, or cringey corny white boy humor shyt. and it was far far more convincing when he was an unhinged 20 year old base head.

I actually did like @Left.A1 did and spun some of MMLP on my commute home and yeah the level of lyricism is striking but the biggest difference is BELIEVABILITY. even 20 years later that shyt hits and hes fukkin talking nsync and shyt but I can feel it.

he ain had that effect on me since the eminem show all his shyt feels soulless and frankly artistically vapid.
It's low rate contrived rage farming from a 50year old out of touch millionaire... Of course he can't produce believable content...he's set for life...there's no hunger or passion this last decade worth of music which is why he continues to struggle finding the pulse of what his audience is looking for him to deliver... He's a confused old man :mjlol: listen to the lyrics on the intro on this and M2BMB...he's venting about not being able to resonate like he used to constantly

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Like em still a big name. as a fan of the art form i want to see if he returns to close to at least TES.

after today I will literally never listen to anything off of this shyt again so yeah I'mma get my opinion off fukk it :manny:
Right like ain't nobody going to be coming back to this shyt by this time next year anyways :mjlol: the conversation is now and now only

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's low rate contrived rage farming from a 50year old out of touch millionaire... Of course he can't produce believable content...he's set for life...there's no hunger or passion this last decade worth of music which is why he continues to struggle finding the pulse of what his audience is looking for him to deliver... He's a confused old man :mjlol: listen to the lyrics on the intro on this and M2BMB...he's venting about not being able to resonate like he used to constantly

Nas, Ghost, Common etc have 0 issues still resonating with their base in their old age. Since realistically the folks who grew up with him should have matured past a lot of this goofy shyt he talking about, and he should have shifted his content accordingly. But a lot didn't and they still think he the goat so :manny:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Eminem technically is still a good rapper. its just the things he is rapping about are not that interesting or compelling. Or do you think Bruce Jenner jokes in 2024 are hilarious too :heh:

I think Bruce Jenner jokes were to be expected given the roll out/single/theme presented beforehand, not that they are particularly hilarious no. But if you are or ever were an Eminem fan, this, more than any of his projects was in fan service to actually let the people still clamoring for the "old Eminem" get a chance to actually hear what that looks like. Why it WAS fun and why it doesn't really work in this day and age. How much it actually can stiffle his humanity and creativity.

As far as his subject matter I guess he's free now to go back to trying to talk about politics and police brutality lol, jesus and the like. I'd rather just hear him rap good every now and then than listen to him play the flute because he doesn't have anything new or revolutionary to talk about.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think Bruce Jenner jokes were to be expected given the roll out/single/theme presented beforehand, not that they are particularly hilarious no. But if you are or ever were an Eminem fan, this, more than any of his projects was in fan service to actually let the people still clamoring for the "old Eminem" get a chance to actually hear what that looks like. Why it WAS fun and why it doesn't really work in this day and age. How much it actually can stiffle his humanity and creativity.

As far as his subject matter I guess he's free now to go back to trying to talk about politics and police brutality lol, jesus and the like. I'd rather just hear him rap good every now and then rather than listen to him play the flute because he doesn't have anything new or revolutionary to talk about.

I feel a lot of his fans are going to the miss the point because the satire is so badly executed lol. Like I get what hes trying to do but a lot of these "I don't really like rap but I love eminem :mjpls: " ass cacs are going to not underdig what hes trying to say cuz its so frazzled

I will push back on the old em segment cuz like I said earlier I actually did go back and listen to old Em after listening to this and the quality is night and day. Its a drastic fall off. Now is that fair to compare him to that? maybe, maybe not. but I can spin Nas last shyt after Illmatic and not be like "damn, wtf happened :mjlol: "