Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is the shyt that makes me :mjlol:

Nowadays, some gals, they (What?) just clout-chase (Yeah)
Look at me with sour grapes and your brow raised
bytch, you ain't about head (What?), about face (Woo)
Little white, middle-age, upper-middle-class
With a glass of wine and your cigarette
bytch, get off the internet (Yeah)
You ain't even fed your kids dinner yet

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I legit thought the same thing.

I still gotta go back and relisten to the album but that Jelly Roll record shouldn’t be the last track. It doesn’t really sum up the album to me. And also he already made a song like this on “Revival” with “Arose.”

It’s a good record don’t get me wrong but the last track should have been Shady rapping from beyond the grave. If Marshall is rapping from heaven, then Shady is rapping from hell.

In the end you should hear Shady raise from the grave again which alludes that the cycle will continue.

Yeah that was my vision when I saw the song title somebody save me.

Assuming the theme was still going by then, I was thinking it would be along the lines of Underground where he was trapped in hell or purgatory lashing out for having to hold the blame for everything Marshall was afraid to say for himself and being condemned for it.

To the point the spirit of Slim is contained but has one last time to get off. The way he called Marshall a p*ssy and a hypocrite on GC2 coulda made for a whole song in and of itself.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Man I wouldnt even give this shyt 3 mics…Eminem personal and musical growth literally peaked fukking 20 years ago.

Go listen to Stan, then spin any song on this shyt. Hes a shell of himself and has been for decades. He shouldnt be excused for mediocrity because Nas shows old rappers can still be fresh and have somwthung to say. fukk I want to hear a 50 year old rapper crack these unfunny ass jokes over bad beats???

I literally had to go back and listen to the "album cuts" on MMLP again last night just to ask myself if he was always this trash and I just had been caught up in the rapture on something.... And no..it's not my ears at all...it's his depreciating skills...he's an old man still getting in the ring after the Parkinson’s has kicked in...it's honestly sad to watch...to hell with "Stan" he could never again even write a verse with an ounce of the tact, wit, flow and abressavieness as "remember me?" :mjlol: Imagine anyone actually fixing their fingertips to write that he was able to bring the "old" Marshall back when you listen to this song vs the dumpster juice on this new shyt lmao

Dude is completely washed.. None of this shyt is "edgy" it's just embarrassing... Go write another "KIM" if you really want to be edgy (which ironically he's now too p*ssy to ever do) or shut your old ass the fukk up with this 6th grade level troll rap it's garbage

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Ohhh I forgot to give this porta-potty of an album a rating.....I think I'll give it a high 2.7 weed plates out of 10 and the reason why it's even that high comes from the fact that thankfully this looks to be the last time he'll be releasing a commercial album

No more fukking Skylar Gray trash hooks
No more watching this old man get out classed by every rap feature he includes
No more harmonica beats
No more robotic start and stop glitch flows
No more Christopher Reeves songs
No more terrible music

Just a nice deep casket for this embarrassing era of his rap career.... Good fukking riddance
:scust:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

I literally had to go back and listen to the "album cuts" on MMLP again last night just to ask myself if he was always this trash and I just had been caught up in the rapture on something.... And no..it's not my ears at all...it's his depreciating skills...he's an old man still getting in the ring after the Parkinson’s has kicked in...it's honestly sad to watch...to hell with "Stan" he could never again even write a verse with an ounce of the tact, wit, flow and abressavieness as "remember me?" :mjlol: Imagine anyone actually fixing their fingertips to write that he was able to bring the "old" Marshall back when you listen to this song vs the dumpster juice on this new shyt lmao

Dude is completely washed.. None of this shyt is "edgy" it's just embarrassing... Go write another "KIM" if you really want to be edgy (which ironically he's now too p*ssy to ever do) or shut your old ass the fukk up with this 6th grade level troll rap it's garbage

No problem with the criticisms, but real shyt...if current day Eminem on Fuel is "completely washed" and a fraction of himself from this or that time period...he's still a HELL of a rapper.

It's gonna be a mix of people over-romantasizing and glazing him for this shyt and there will be people doing the opposite to the other extreme, as a fan I enjoyed the album, not about to go back and compare it to music 30 years ago to catch all the descrepencies.

But to me, at the rate and skill level he's still rapping at...I feel like he still left a lot on the table. Him riding out with this would be disatisfying, not because it's bad, but because it feels like he's on point enough here to springboard into 2 or 3 more good albums with similar structure.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I don’t hate this, but he should have just kept his flows from this album and made another Kamikaze/MTBMB.

I get the concept and it’s interesting. I think his point was that slim shady and his corny trolling is played out, but to show that he went all in with it before putting it to rest.

But I can’t blame him for trying. I was excited for this album because of the return of slim shady. But yeah shyt is corny in 2024

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This shyt is crazy. Mufukkas been begging for 'the old Em' for years, and he finally said ok. He's going crazy on this shyt. Don't hear any problems with production yet either. Beats shouldn't be the focus, and they aren't. They do their job.

'Fuel' just about made me cry. shyt is incredible. Em just reminded everyone that yeah, he's it.
Exactly, Em can still get busy. I been saying he could easily rap how he used to IF he wanted.