Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
No problem with the criticisms, but real shyt...if current day Eminem on Fuel is "completely washed" and a fraction of himself from this or that time period...he's still a HELL of a rapper.
Name me an actual bar that impressed you on FUEL since you think it's so good....I'll wait
It's gonna be a mix of people over-romantasizing and glazing him for this shyt and there will be people doing the opposite to the other extreme, as a fan I enjoyed the album, not about to go back and compare it to music 30 years ago to catch all the descrepencies.
Of course you can't go back and compare because this new shyt is pure garbage :mjlol:
But to me, at the rate and skill level he's still rapping at...I feel like he still left a lot on the table. Him riding out with this would be disatisfying, not because it's bad, but because it feels like he's on point enough here to springboard into 2 or 3 more good albums with similar structure.
This muthafukka ain't been on point in nearly 20 years bruh...stop it... Hasn't dropped a high level album since Damn near Lebron's rookie year... this shyt is terrible and when this thread is upped next year or the year after when the little "slim shady" nostalgia wears off and people listen to this nikka rapping with the fluidity of a roblox character it will be even more crystallized at how badly he's declined

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No problem with the criticisms, but real shyt...if current day Eminem on Fuel is "completely washed" and a fraction of himself from this or that time period...he's still a HELL of a rapper.

It's gonna be a mix of people over-romantasizing and glazing him for this shyt and there will be people doing the opposite to the other extreme, as a fan I enjoyed the album, not about to go back and compare it to music 30 years ago to catch all the descrepencies.

But to me, at the rate and skill level he's still rapping at...I feel like he still left a lot on the table. Him riding out with this would be disatisfying, not because it's bad, but because it feels like he's on point enough here to springboard into 2 or 3 more good albums with similar structure.

If thats an example to show he has still has something left he need to hang it up. Its a okay song but ehhh its w/e.

No one can ever question eminem can rap but this dude literally either be talking about nothing, or cringey corny white boy humor shyt. and it was far far more convincing when he was an unhinged 20 year old base head.

I actually did like @Left.A1 did and spun some of MMLP on my commute home and yeah the level of lyricism is striking but the biggest difference is BELIEVABILITY. even 20 years later that shyt hits and hes fukkin talking nsync and shyt but I can feel it.

he ain had that effect on me since the eminem show all his shyt feels soulless and frankly artistically vapid.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Listening high af, this shyt is fantastic

If you finish the album, and then listen to his old slim shady shyt, from the new perspective of regular eminem, it really makes them feel like 2 separate beings.

tldr- this album made his old slim shady shyt way better.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Name me an actual bar that impressed you on FUEL since you think it's so good....I'll wait

Of course you can't go back and compare because this new shyt is pure garbage :mjlol:

This muthafukka ain't been on point in nearly 20 years bruh...stop it... Hasn't dropped a high level album since Damn near Lebron's rookie year... this shyt is terrible and when this thread is upped next year or the year after when the little "slim shady" nostalgia wears off and people listen to this nikka rapping with the fluidity of a roblox character it will be even more crystallized at how badly he's declined
Ur spending a hell of a lot of energy on a dude you don't like or listen to :mjlol:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

:picard: After we just saw Kenny body Drake, folks have immediately run to these remedial wack ass bars and claim they doing something. Honest to god, MGK’s bars in that joint where he said that Ems beard was weird are infinitely better than this bullshyt. I can’t understand for the life of me how this clown gets hyped so much on this site.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If thats an example to show he has still has something left he need to hang it up. Its a okay song but ehhh its w/e.

If that's what a "completely washed" rapper sounds like I don't know what to tell you.

If you saying that in relatition/comparson to something off MMLP I guess you can handicap (:laugh;) him for believability or whatever you trying to get at. But I can't objectively see how anybody could listen to that song in and of it's own merit and be like

HANG IT UP! He's cooked, he can't rap anymore :camby:

He has plenty of moments that post Relapse that could fit that description, I don't see any of those on this album.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Ur spending a hell of a lot of energy on a dude you don't like or listen to :mjlol:

I hate when people say this on a message board. It takes a minute or two to write a post about shyt. no energy be spent breh. Its a forum to discuss music, you rather people just all have the same opinion?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If that's what a "completely washed" rapper sounds like I don't know what to tell you.

If you saying that in relatition/comparson to something off MMLP I guess you can handicap (:laugh;) him for believability or whatever you trying to get at. But I can't objectively see how anybody could listen to that song in and of it's own merit and be like

HANG IT UP! He's cooked, he can't rap anymore :camby:

He has plenty of moments that post Relapse that could fit that description, I don't see any of those on this album.

Eminem technically is still a good rapper. its just the things he is rapping about are not that interesting or compelling. Or do you think Bruce Jenner jokes in 2024 are hilarious too :heh:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man the way he came out rapping on the intro took me back. He legit tapped into the old Em there. I enjoyed this album, Em was blacking out and having fun throughout.

Couple songs I can do without but overall it's his best in a very long time. "Lucifer" and "Fuel" were both :whew:

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
:picard: After we just saw Kenny body Drake, folks have immediately run to these remedial wack ass bars and claim they doing something. Honest to god, MGK’s bars in that joint where he said that Ems beard was weird are infinitely better than this bullshyt. I can’t understand for the life of me how this clown gets hyped so much on this site.

We might get a response back, MGK is back rapping again.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I hate when people say this on a message board. It takes a minute or two to write a post about shyt. no energy be spent breh. Its a forum to discuss music, you rather people just all have the same opinion?
The groupies are here for idol worship nothing more nothing less :mjlol: