Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
It’s sad looking at the state of hip-hop. On Twitter, ppl crying about his line about Meg Thee Stallion. Like bruh, this hip-hop. Hip-hop is built on slick disses and battling. What’s even more disappointing is seeing older hip-hop fans cry about it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Thats the thing that’s so wild to me. Last week folks just got done praising the anniversary of “The Marshall Mathers LP” and I remember tweeting that an album like that would NEVER make it in this climate cuz folks are too damn sensitive now.

I mean they were sensitive back then (they literally had protests and congressional hearings about his damn lyrics :gucci: ), but NOW those same people are on social media.

Off the bat feminist woman are coming out tweeting how they are displeased about that Megan line. All the way down to folks calling Em a racist :russ:

Even on this record, Em LITERALLY tells you that his goal is to make you mad. He is literally :troll: you.

And I also find it quite funny that folks on social media are saying he should “grow up” when for the past few decades he has dropped music showing his growth. “Recovery” was the first album showing his maturity with songs like “Not Afraid” and “Going Through Changes.” Same with MMLP2 where he literally apologies to his mother and to this day hasn’t performed “Cleanin Out My Closet.”

That man has matured, it’s just that for the past decade he has struggled to figure out what to give the people. If he tries to rap the Shady shyt they tell him he needs to “grow up.” If he raps about mature shyt they tell him to “stop complaining.” If he focuses on the technical style of his rapping they tell him “Stop rapping so fast.”

He can’t win…

Personally for me I’m glad he just said “fukk it” and went back to his roots.

He literally told folks in the promo for the single that he plans to “make his career disappear.”

This record is really vintage Shady. And the wild part about it is that this lightweight compared to how he was 2 decades ago :mjlol:

And folks are STILL mad :russ:
Yes. They don’t like nothing he does no matter how he does it.
The truth is people just want to be apart of the popular opinion and the funny memes. People aren’t fans anymore they just wait for a popular entertainer to put something out so they can get their jokes off. Unless it’s a masterpiece people will find a way to shyt on you.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It’s sad looking at the state of hip-hop. On Twitter, ppl crying about his line about Meg Thee Stallion. Like bruh, this hip-hop. Hip-hop is built on slick disses and battling. What’s even more disappointing is seeing older hip-hop fans cry about it.
People are soft and they take themselves way too seriously now. You can express whatever emotion you are having now and you can go online and find a group of people just as soft as you. And the media so thirsty for clicks and views they will cover these goofy ass opinions like these people speak for all of us.

Once the attention seeking crybabies see that the media covered their awful opinions then they can’t wait to do it again so they can get their fix.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also gotta remember, em is the WOAT beat picker. ALC had a beat on Em's last album, and Em couldn't have picked a more :ld: ALC beat...or he picked the ALC beat then started to mess with it, since it does credit em as a producer too.

This nikka need to stop touching these nikkaz shyt. Em is a trash producer

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Video was cool. Em did a normal flow for like half the first verse and I was on board but then went back to the 2020 era flow which ain’t my cup of tea.

I’ll still check for the album but if he’s still rocking with that flow it’s pretty much gonna be Music to be Murdered By Part 3.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Man why isn’t the link in the op.. I searched 5 pages and gave up and went to google.

Link? Breh it’s 2024, if you don’t have SOME type of streaming service wtf is wrong with you. This is Eminem, it’s going to be plastered all over everything and super easy to search for on any DSP.

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
I see the concept now.. making his career disappear by this album, maybe his last by triggering 'cancel culture'... Can't wait to hear it now.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
also gotta remember, em is the WOAT beat picker. ALC had a beat on Em's last album, and Em couldn't have picked a more :ld: ALC beat...or he picked the ALC beat then started to mess with it, since it does credit em as a producer too.
new joint is produced by Luis Resto who definitely is a throwback to the old days