Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I love it lol

For one, like all of Em’s singles in this style, the visuals help make the song. I was smiling watching the vid, sounds like he’s really considering what “the old him” would say rather than lashing out at people who miss that vibe.

For two, anybody clamoring for old Eminem can’t negate how much these types of singles played a part in that legendary run, this is a GOOD sign.

You know when the last time we got one of these? Relapse with “we made you” and that is my favorite Em album to listen to.

Even that song in particular was dope along with the visuals and played well with the them (females made Em a star despite how bad he does then in his music)

I have a feeling this will be his best project since Relapse.
That’s funny I was just listening to relapse randomly on a road trip last week and I still can’t understand why that album got hated on so much. I get it about the “accents” but the beats and rhymes and themes were classic Em….its a good album

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
but kamikaze was well recieved so...idk wtf he's doing here. and listen to that If I get locked up track that just got posted. Thats the eminem that we will never get back. that has been forgotten...that nobody could say shyt about.
Was Kamikaze really that well received? I remember people giving it props mainly because he wasn't doing any dumb stuff (accents, weird beats, cringe features) to sabotage the album more than the actual music.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolute garbage

Scaring the hoes music :huhldup:

Nah but for real this is disappointing I thought Em was gonna be spittin on this. I saw Alchemist in the video hopefully we’ll get a few joints from him on the album but this is an awful way to begin the roll out

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That curtain call ass cover and the goofy beat snippit really did tell us what we needed to know. It's crazy how brehs are in this thread on some "its fun!" vibe. I don't know man, maybe this millenial is larry holmes status but I think this shyt is beneath him at this point, and hoping the rest of the album aint nowhere near as silly.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Harmless fun song, obviously not gonna be an all time classic single.

Low-key it is kinda cool that hip hop has been around long enough that older artists (not just Em) can use nostalgia as an angle now

As a huge fan of stand up comedy, seeing Shane Gillis fake podcasting in an Eminem music video next to Royce & Mr. Porter is crazy :dead: