Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
It could have been a lot worse. It usually is.

The bar is so low though I'm not even sure if that's even damning with faint praise

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The flow was damn near vintage Shady, love Alc but that beat though :camby:

Lowkey compare this to the Dre-produced Em singles, and that's why there's levels to this.

Edit: not produced by Alc :hubie:

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
:banderas:
Twitter bout to be in an uproar with that meg the stallion line and him making fun of shenikkas :russ:
Thats the thing that’s so wild to me. Last week folks just got done praising the anniversary of “The Marshall Mathers LP” and I remember tweeting that an album like that would NEVER make it in this climate cuz folks are too damn sensitive now.

I mean they were sensitive back then (they literally had protests and congressional hearings about his damn lyrics :gucci: ), but NOW those same people are on social media.

Off the bat feminist woman are coming out tweeting how they are displeased about that Megan line. All the way down to folks calling Em a racist :russ:

Even on this record, Em LITERALLY tells you that his goal is to make you mad. He is literally :troll: you.

And I also find it quite funny that folks on social media are saying he should “grow up” when for the past few decades he has dropped music showing his growth. “Recovery” was the first album showing his maturity with songs like “Not Afraid” and “Going Through Changes.” Same with MMLP2 where he literally apologies to his mother and to this day hasn’t performed “Cleanin Out My Closet.”

That man has matured, it’s just that for the past decade he has struggled to figure out what to give the people. If he tries to rap the Shady shyt they tell him he needs to “grow up.” If he raps about mature shyt they tell him to “stop complaining.” If he focuses on the technical style of his rapping they tell him “Stop rapping so fast.”

He can’t win…

Personally for me I’m glad he just said “fukk it” and went back to his roots.

He literally told folks in the promo for the single that he plans to “make his career disappear.”

This record is really vintage Shady. And the wild part about it is that this lightweight compared to how he was 2 decades ago :mjlol:

And folks are STILL mad :russ: