Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Thats the thing that’s so wild to me. Last week folks just got done praising the anniversary of “The Marshall Mathers LP” and I remember tweeting that an album like that would NEVER make it in this climate cuz folks are too damn sensitive now.

I mean they were sensitive back then (they literally had protests and congressional hearings about his damn lyrics :gucci: ), but NOW those same people are on social media.

Off the bat feminist woman are coming out tweeting how they are displeased about that Megan line. All the way down to folks calling Em a racist :russ:

Even on this record, Em LITERALLY tells you that his goal is to make you mad. He is literally :troll: you.

And I also find it quite funny that folks on social media are saying he should “grow up” when for the past few decades he has dropped music showing his growth. “Recovery” was the first album showing his maturity with songs like “Not Afraid” and “Going Through Changes.” Same with MMLP2 where he literally apologies to his mother and to this day hasn’t performed “Cleanin Out My Closet.”

That man has matured, it’s just that for the past decade he has struggled to figure out what to give the people. If he tries to rap the Shady shyt they tell him he needs to “grow up.” If he raps about mature shyt they tell him to “stop complaining.” If he focuses on the technical style of his rapping they tell him “Stop rapping so fast.”

He can’t win…

Personally for me I’m glad he just said “fukk it” and went back to his roots.

He literally told folks in the promo for the single that he plans to “make his career disappear.”

This record is really vintage Shady. And the wild part about it is that this lightweight compared to how he was 2 decades ago :mjlol:

And folks are STILL mad :russ:

Yeah, honestly Houdini sounds a lot like what he did back on TES, production wise. Which is the whole point, it's the whole goofy corny first single that's not meant to be taken seriously like how it was up until Relapse. So if this is supposed to be "Young Em vs. Old Em", this direction makes sense. Especially since the whole MV is a throwback to Without Me's MV.

It's understandable people may not like it though since even back in the day, you had people having all sorts of opinions on the goofy singles. People thought he went soft because his last album was MMLP, but a lot of shyt was going down in his life to where he had to calm down or else. But if anything, it just means this is pretty in line with how his formula used to be back in day, and the reception seems to be consistent with how things would've been back then.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this is my issue with Em I don’t want to hear him trying to recreate slim shady on some 2000’s shyt he already did that and he can’t recapture that moment. I want to hear slim shady in 2024 using 2024 producers like Metro and Hitboy. Is it true that alchemist produced this? If so al could have hooked him up with something better for houdini.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
See this is my issue with Em I don’t want to hear him trying to recreate slim shady on some 2000’s shyt he already did that and he can’t recapture that moment. I want to hear slim shady in 2024 using 2024 producers like Metro and Hitboy. Is it true that alchemist produced this? If so al could have hooked him up with something better for houdini.
also gotta remember, em is the WOAT beat picker. ALC had a beat on Em's last album, and Em couldn't have picked a more :ld: ALC beat...or he picked the ALC beat then started to mess with it, since it does credit em as a producer too.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats the thing that’s so wild to me. Last week folks just got done praising the anniversary of “The Marshall Mathers LP” and I remember tweeting that an album like that would NEVER make it in this climate cuz folks are too damn sensitive now.

I mean they were sensitive back then (they literally had protests and congressional hearings about his damn lyrics :gucci: ), but NOW those same people are on social media.

Off the bat feminist woman are coming out tweeting how they are displeased about that Megan line. All the way down to folks calling Em a racist :russ:

Even on this record, Em LITERALLY tells you that his goal is to make you mad. He is literally :troll: you.

And I also find it quite funny that folks on social media are saying he should “grow up” when for the past few decades he has dropped music showing his growth. “Recovery” was the first album showing his maturity with songs like “Not Afraid” and “Going Through Changes.” Same with MMLP2 where he literally apologies to his mother and to this day hasn’t performed “Cleanin Out My Closet.”

That man has matured, it’s just that for the past decade he has struggled to figure out what to give the people. If he tries to rap the Shady shyt they tell him he needs to “grow up.” If he raps about mature shyt they tell him to “stop complaining.” If he focuses on the technical style of his rapping they tell him “Stop rapping so fast.”

He can’t win…

Personally for me I’m glad he just said “fukk it” and went back to his roots.

He literally told folks in the promo for the single that he plans to “make his career disappear.”

This record is really vintage Shady. And the wild part about it is that this lightweight compared to how he was 2 decades ago :mjlol:

And folks are STILL mad :russ:

This man is 50 years old....the whole "ooh let me get em mad to push their buttons" shyt is corny as fukk and has been so for a long time now

Especially name dropping women yet again. The Rap Elvis diss about him was so true. Call me militant but im older now and this white man dissing another black woman making punchlines about her getting shot in the foot is so corny to me

He can give people mature shyt without them telling him to stop complaining...but what he considers "mature" is basic shyt. Why don't he dig deeper and rap about bigger cultural issues or something