Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it's amazing how much of a leg up the industry gives this dude. i watched the video because it was front page on youtube. i listened with an open mind. song is ass. rhymes beat hook everything. pedestrian.

i'm finally glad at least he stopped being put in everyone's top 5 by default. as long as he keeps making shyt like this he will have no claim to that status despite whatever his talent level might be. Look at the level of music nas was dropping on his run with hit the song quality across those projects and then look at this. the charade is over.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This man is 50 years old....the whole "ooh let me get em mad to push their buttons" shyt is corny as fukk and has been so for a long time now

Especially name dropping women yet again. The Rap Elvis diss about him was so true. Call me militant but im older now and this white man dissing another black woman making punchlines about her getting shot in the foot is so corny to me

He can give people mature shyt without them telling him to stop complaining...but what he considers "mature" is basic shyt. Why don't he dig deeper and rap about bigger cultural issues or something

I have to be honest, that line ruins the song for me. I enjoy almost everything else about it, but picking on Megan feels like low hanging fruit. And no, a White man poking fun at Black people just doesn't look good at all.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I listen to it, I dig it!

This is the type of Eminem aka Slim Shady we want, not current boring robot Eminem.

Hopefully, this album dope.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I can't be in the minority to think that Eminem might be 1 of the worst beat pickers in rap history.

This joint is straight horse manure, front to back...
Nah, I think it's a general consensus outside of die hard em stans, that his ear for beats and making beats is :trash:

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
it's amazing how much of a leg up the industry gives this dude. i watched the video because it was front page on youtube. i listened with an open mind. song is ass. rhymes beat hook everything. pedestrian.

i'm finally glad at least he stopped being put in everyone's top 5 by default. as long as he keeps making shyt like this he will have no claim to that status despite whatever his talent level might be. Look at the level of music nas was dropping on his run with hit the song quality across those projects and then look at this. the charade is over.
it really aint that serious

The more I listen to it, I dig it!

This is the type of Eminem aka Slim Shady we want, not current boring robot Eminem.
what YOU want…
suspicious-fishy-face-expression-dspihntp912xl9pf.gif

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's hard to know what direction the album is going to go based on this song. It's just him paying tribute to his old formula of having a goofy lead single. The video definitely makes the song better because by itself, it's not that good to listen to. "The Real Slim Shady" and "Without Me" were goofy, but there was more of an edge to them and hold up to this day because he was still flowing on them. Even "We Made You" had a really catchy hook, a nice Dre beat, and a great rapping performance. This song feels lazier and cheaper by comparison.

I'll admit that there are times where it sounds like the old Eminem is coming out, like during the bridge. That's exactly how he would have sounded on The Eminem Show or Encore.
If he can tap into that energy for a whole project and give us something like "Soldier" or "Superman," I'll be happy, but for now, I'll keep my low expectations.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It’s really not that controversial, especially compared to other stuff he’s said. But the song is ass, that’s more of what people should be talking about.

bytch I said that this mask ain’t for hockey
Hate Versace Versace, I got munchausen by proxy

I’m making you sick, don’t pretend you don’t hear me
You deaf girl? I said you was FOXY!

:laugh: