Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

darryl

Superstar
Daps
If you didn't fukk with Em's slim shady style, voice, cadence, flow, back then, then you won't magically fukk with it now. We get it. It is what it is. But to us fans, if this is how he's gonna bow out the game, this is how you do it...

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
My 8 year old son listened to this and said "well its not my favourite Eminem song, but it's OK I guess" he was singing the chorus to it well after it was finished though haha.

This is your typical 2000s Eminem lead single. His voice and flow sound great compared to alot of his recent robot shyt so I'm definitely interested in seeing how this translates.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Not gonna lie…I dig this record :obama:

Very nostalgic.

I can tell off top this record was made for his core Stan base. It’s almost Stan proof. If you fed up of the Slim Shady gimmick you gonna hate this shyt. But that’s the point of the record.

The video kinda helps push the concept too and what it would be like if Slim Shady was around during this climate. Hence why the album is called “The Death Of Slim Shady.”

I also find it funny how mad folks are when this is who he has been for decades :russ:

Especially with the Megan line…that man has said so much worse over the years that line was his way of shooting his shot……:mjlol:

Em has dropped serious first singles these last few albums. Folks didn’t appreciate it. I like how now he going back to his roots :obama:

Rosenberg opening the record by saying “You’re on your own!” lets me know he bout to be on that problematic shyt for the album which i hope for.

I like this :obama:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I love it lol

For one, like all of Em’s singles in this style, the visuals help make the song. I was smiling watching the vid, sounds like he’s really considering what “the old him” would say rather than lashing out at people who miss that vibe.

For two, anybody clamoring for old Eminem can’t negate how much these types of singles played a part in that legendary run, this is a GOOD sign.

You know when the last time we got one of these? Relapse with “we made you” and that is my favorite Em album to listen to.

Even that song in particular was dope along with the visuals and played well with the them (females made Em a star despite how bad he does then in his music)

I have a feeling this will be his best project since Relapse.
I lowkey thought the same shyt.

This record plays into the theme and it would make more sense within the flow of the album. Especially the last few bars of the final verse when he cusses out everybody which is possibly going to play into the rest of the album.

I honestly can’t wait to hear this.