Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
After playing Houdini six or so times back to back, I’ve concluded that I don’t have any problems with Em’s flow or lyrics on this. The attacking a kid with the participation trophy bar is straight classic Eminem, which got a chuckle out of me.

The lyrics ain’t cringe worthy forced punchlines like the shyt on his recent releases and the flow ain’t on Godzilla or EPMD2 level of annoyance though, which is a plus.

Not sure if I’m down with the nostalgia angle this album is taking. I guess getting critically panned for multiple albums in a row will make you jump back into the Time Machine.

Dre looked 89 years old in the video. :flabbynsick:

What gnaws on my soul the most though is this whimsical jovial ass circus clown cac beat. After today, I’m sure replay value is going to plummet for me just because of these overwhelming cac sounds. Em might get the cacs ecstatic, but critically acclaimed status will continue to elude him with these antics.

Last edited:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps

:to: What happened to this man

great example. That's the eminem we don't get. that's the eminem that haters were generally quiet back then, and only turned up when he DIDN'T rap like this.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
After playing Houdini six or so times back to back, I’ve concluded that I don’t have any problems with Em’s flow or lyrics on this. The attacking a kid with the participation trophy bar is straight classic Eminem, which got a chuckle out of me.

The lyrics ain’t cringe worthy forced punchlines like the shyt on his recent releases and the flow ain’t on Godzilla or EPMD2 level of annoyance though, which is a plus.

Not sure if I’m down with the nostalgia angle this album is taking. I guess getting critically panned for multiple albums in a row will make you jump back into the Time Machine.

Dre looked 89 years old in the video.

What gnaws on my soul the most though is this whimsical jovial ass cac beat. After today, I’m sure replay value is going to plummet for me just because of these overwhelming cac sounds. Em might get the cacs ecstatic, but critical acclaimed status will continue to elude him with these antics.
but kamikaze was well recieved so...idk wtf he's doing here. and listen to that If I get locked up track that just got posted. Thats the eminem that we will never get back. that has been forgotten...that nobody could say shyt about.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
but kamikaze was well recieved so...idk wtf he's doing here. and listen to that If I get locked up track that just got posted. Thats the eminem that we will never get back. that has been forgotten...that nobody could say shyt about.

That's what's pissing me off on Twitter bruh...they saying he's in his old form...this song ain't it. He sounded like a natural back then even on his singles. It's not the antics man, it's the raw skill

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The beat is just so damn cheesy. It’s a shame because that last verse was the best he sounded in years. It’s always one step forward two steps back with him. He can never make music that sounds good. I enjoyed the video tho and it makes the song better

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
With Em the only songs I have ry ever liked from him was his personal tracks.

Toy Soldier
Cleanin Out My Closet
Stan
Till I Collapse
Like Toy Soldiers
MockingBird
Not Afraid
Love The Way You Lie
The Monster

When he makes tracks like Houdini they are usually trash unless it has good production behind it.

Also if he raps like how he did in "Say What You Say" in the album I might listen :wow:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
So this the video he's channeling. Was the original corny? Of course. But there was legit energy, a sense of humor and his flow was unique.

This new shyt is corny too, but also robotic with no energy. Dude's music is so boring now, and has been for a long time.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So this the video he's channeling. Was the original corny? Of course. But there was legit energy, a sense of humor and his flow was unique.

This new shyt is corny too, but also robotic with no energy. Dude's music is so boring now, and has been for a long time.

I haven't played this in mad years. It's crazy how good it sounds compared to this lol.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Same old same old

He has a fanbase that likes his style so why change it but to others who listen to other music he can’t be changed or show he can do anything different other than maybe lean in on pop collaborations to keep the fanbase young

I get it’s a slim shady album but I can’t feel nostalgic for something he overdid and never stopped doing

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I give up. Again. @SunZoo speak on it

I love it lol

For one, like all of Em’s singles in this style, the visuals help make the song. I was smiling watching the vid, sounds like he’s really considering what “the old him” would say rather than lashing out at people who miss that vibe.

For two, anybody clamoring for old Eminem can’t negate how much these types of singles played a part in that legendary run, this is a GOOD sign.

You know when the last time we got one of these? Relapse with “we made you” and that is my favorite Em album to listen to.

Even that song in particular was dope along with the visuals and played well with the them (females made Em a star despite how bad he does then in his music)

I have a feeling this will be his best project since Relapse.