Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain’t enjoyed an Em like this in years. Tbh he could’ve took a few tracks out, felt like it got a little redundant at times. But how many times did this nikka mention Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner? He mentioned that nikka like 3 times on every song :dahell:

I enjoyed this album from a lyrical appreciation and it looks like he found his flow again. However, this is not an album i will be revisting very oftern after the newness of the lyrical apreciation wears off.

Em is living in a early 2000 bubble. I don't know that people are offended/trying to cancel him for any of the offensive things that he is saying. Which makes the theme of this album puzzling.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many times do we have to hear Christopher Reeves name :gucci:

I heard him say it like 5 times on multiple songs I'm like wtf no way he is that out of touch and running out of shyt to talk about :skip:

I’ll never listen to this album ever again :childplease:

Yeah. It's obvious he has nothing to talk about anymore. He's very talented at putting words together, but has nothing interesting to say.

Which makes what Nas did over the last few years even more remarkable. His music has aged with such grace.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed this album from a lyrical appreciation and it looks like he found his flow again. However, this is not an album i will be revisting very oftern after the newness of the lyrical apreciation wears off.

Em is living in an early 2000 bubble. I don't know that people are offended/trying to cancel him for any of the offensive things that he is saying. Which makes the theme of this album puzzling.
Gen z was listening to some of his albums for the first time and they were talking about it on tik tok. The same thing happened to Tyler the creator, that’s what Em is referring to. A few Gen z folks were questioning why he was so popular even though he was saying faggit and shyt like that back in the day. Looks like it triggered him

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Gen z was listening to some of his albums for the first time and they were talking about it on tik tok. The same thing happened to Tyler the creator, that’s what Em is referring to. A few Gen z folks were questioning why he was so popular even though he was saying faggit and shyt like that back in the day. Looks like it triggered him
Those same kids on Tik Tok tried to get him cancelled for that line on “Love The Way You Lie” when he said that he was gonna try a chick to the bed and set the house on fire.

:russ:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Evil to Lucifer to Antichrist is about a good of a three song run as he’s ever had. The writing on Antichrist is crazy.

Fuel is going to be talked about for obvious reasons….(we got jiddy n em on the same track :mjcry:)….but Antichrist is the one. I lost count how many times he switched flows. Just incredible…

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Well ok.... I've listened and digested the album. Nothing has changed too much about my opinion about this guy.

He can still rhyme his azz off. Like him rapping, is like a dad playing ball against his son and not letting the son win just because. I still get the ugly screw face when he flows. The rapping on here is immaculate. The only thing that still stands is will I go back to it. He is a GOAT no doubt. I like hearing him over very updated production. I also like him not seemingly chasing a big anthem like "Lose Yourself", as he's done for the last 2 decades. Just let it go and rhyme and he did it on this album. So kudos to Em for still being capable of dropping a great album 25 yrs into his career. 4 stars out of 5 is what I rate the album.