Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Fake militants coming into the thread to hate. @SunZoo we bike :blessed:

Compared to everything post Relapse, this is the only time an album has legit called me back to it.

Mtbmb was cool but too long and none of those records really haunted me like that. Kamikaze was dope and pretty concise but still most of that kinda flew by.

I can tell I like an album when I can hear it playing in my head when I’m not listening to it. That’s happened a lot with this album.

Some of it is just being an ear worm, like brand new dance lol, so fukking stupid and annoying, monster mash rap :laugh:

Some of it is just certain songs really leaving an impression. And the concept seems to tug at me because as a spiritual seeker I understand the battle you have with your ego, you life's narrative and all the things that went into telling your story. and how hard it can be to leave those behind.

So even kind of avoiding the album it will call me back to it as a reminder of that process.

Plenty of legit criticisms to go around but as a fan not quite satisfied but content with how it came out.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that drives me crazy about critics is how they will talk out of their ass about something and then expect us to take them seriously. The Rolling Stone review (two stars) claims he was lying about Brand New Dance being a song from 2004 when it is very clearly his voice and style from Encore with a very clear modern punch-in for the Jenner line and the song was on the original tracklist (under the name Christopher Reeves).

I don't know, I see this shyt all the time from critics where they clearly don't fo their homework but expect to be taken seriously. I totally understand not liking the album, but don't come up with bullshyt. Pitchfork was doing that shyt to Nas during the Hitboy run and I'm still heated so this set me off. Anyway, that's my rant.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Intro is one of the best songs on here. Sometimes i feel like he's using AI to mask the current voice he has though.

He definitely pitched his voice differently when he was rapping as Shady, but his flow/rhyme style was exactly the same as it was in 1999. He brought it back perfectly.

It makes me wonder why he stopped rapping like that. He made it a point to switch between his old flow and his new one multiple times, so he has to hear the difference. It was never the drugs, he just.........stopped riding beats for some reason. :dahell:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He definitely pitched his voice differently when he was rapping as Shady, but his flow/rhyme style was exactly the same as it was in 1999. He brought it back perfectly.

It makes me wonder why he stopped rapping like that. He made it a point to switch between his old flow and his new one multiple times, so he has to hear the difference. It was never the drugs, he just.........stopped riding beats for some reason. :dahell:
Thats another take i got from this, he still knows how to rap like this, but chooses to rap in that stair case step flow for some reason.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I peeped the reference to Cages Among the sleep at the end. The part where he wakes up :russ:

Reach but Eminem kinda disgusts me that he wont admit cage influenced him

He gave himself away when he did an interview talking about how muvh he loved 3rd bass and how pete was one of his fav rappers. So called student of the gme, yet cage is on pete album doing everything em did on slim shady ep/lp, just 5-6 years before. Dissing his mom, drugs, crazy house, etc. all there. That one verse has every thing people know em for.

Em even bit a line from it on infinite to the letter

And he 100% heard agent orange before slim shady ep. He even commented on ot that it was dope but he didnt thini they sound the same.

Yet the next year he has cages rage against the machine line on his song

Then bit the a clockwork orange shyt for magazines.

He even admitted it man. People thini its a joke. Its not. He straight up aped cages whole steez even if his greater style was a mash of diff rappers. That vibe, was cages. Icp, necro, ra the rugged man fidnt rap like em and cage.

Cage is alwo the only rapper that gave em a fight even if it was onesides because em was a superstar. Why would an upcoming superstar diss cage? Em was a created thing. They signed him and sent him to nyc and uaed their connections to get him down and people were impressed. But cage was buzzing but reality… He was nobody. Yet em dissed him for like 2 straight years. He said he got stretch n bob tapes cage was on the show like 10x before em. Yet he SWEARS He never heard him and they dont sound alike.

That makes me think ems a liar

And i saw cage met with iovene to get signed just after the beef. Said iovene didnt care at all.

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

Might be artificial intelligence, since it’s being pushed in the mainstream more than ever I won’t be surprised if he did use it.