Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dlc was goat level but I still got Bloodborne as the Undisputed King

There are a lot of things i prefer DS3 does versus Elden Ring as well. I think im gonna stand firm on not loving the open world approach to from games. It just doesn’t add much to the experience for me, the most fun i have playing ER is when im deep in a legacy dungeon like Ensis Castle/Shadow Keep. Traveling from one dungeon to the next is kinda whatever

I liked it better when you’re starting out at point A in a game and 20 hours in you get to another point where you look over in the horizon and see your starting point or walk through a door or climb a latter and unlock a shortcut to the first bonfire/grace/lantern you come across in the game

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Dlc was goat level but I still got Bloodborne as the Undisputed King

Yup, I feel that. Sekiro might be my choice though

There are a lot of things i prefer DS3 does versus Elden Ring as well. I think im gonna stand firm on not loving the open world approach to from games. It just doesn’t add much to the experience for me, the most fun i have playing ER is when im deep in a legacy dungeon like Ensis Castle/Shadow Keep. Traveling from one dungeon to the next is kinda whatever

I liked it better when you’re starting out at point A in a game and 20 hours in you get to another point where you look over in the horizon and see your starting point or walk through a door or climb a latter and unlock a shortcut to the first bonfire/grace/lantern you come across in the game

Or when you eventually return to the beginning/old areas after "the turning point" in the game and see how much everything has changed/gone to chaos.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
That sunflower is the wackest boss in any From game, ever. It makes Bed Of Chaos seem like Ludwig The Holy Blade.

The fight itself isn't too bad but the fact that they just copy and pasted it three times is lazy as f*ck. I'm sure there's some dumb ass lore reason why it's three times but f*ck all that, it's lazy.

Fred.
Rahdahn is worse once you get it's patterns down it's easy...and I melted that shyt with the black flame tornado ash of war

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Killed that Putrid Knight or whatever his name is. That fight was ok.

Also killed that scorpion/caterpillar chick. That was the best fight in the DLC so far IMO.

Side note, that fire great sword you get from those knights in The Shadow Keep is dope as f*ck. Pair it with Flame Skewer and go in.

On a related note, where the f*ck is Messmer? :dahell:

I went through The Shadow Keep and came out the other side....never seen him or his fog gate.

Fred.
Be glad you didnt

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Are you upgrading your spirit ashes in the DLC? Mines been fire

Only boss he hasn’t got me through is the last boss, got him to 2nd phase a good 5 or 6 times before I went to sleep but like @Gizmo_Duck said imma need to use something I haven’t used in forever and that’s a shield, an extremely durable one because his move set and the AOE’s that come off each attack are entirely too fukking wild lol
Cmon bro I'm no casual my shyt is at 18 man...my mimic is just Slow and my spirit ashes been at +10 since base game :beli:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yup, I feel that. Sekiro might be my choice though

Or when you eventually return to the beginning/old areas after "the turning point" in the game and see how much everything has changed/gone to chaos.
This blog perfectly explains what i mean

This is something you don’t often get with a big open world

Flexington

All Star
Daps
This blog perfectly explains what i mean

This is something you don’t often get with a big open world

Yeah, Dark Souls is special to me for that (and for how the story was presented and side characters progressed)

Ohboy

Rookie
Daps
Been trying to get into this game but still don’t know what build to go smh

Thinking either guys build or sole samurai one

All these build videos get quite annoying to sift through though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Been trying to get into this game but still don’t know what build to go smh

Thinking either guys build or sole samurai one

All these build videos get quite annoying to sift through though

You don’t have to decide right away, you’re not locked into anything. If you put ppints into something you don’t want and can’t use a weapon or spell you like you can respec after the 3rd boss.

Also almost every build can be made OP if you fully upgrade the weapon and use the right talismans. I don’t think anything in the game is truly underpowered.

It doesn’t make sense to take so much time trying to decide at the beginning while you don’t have access to any good weapons and then you find a whip or broadsword and decide to change anyway from a katana/dex build to a STR or INT build

Ohboy

Rookie
Daps
You don’t have to decide right away, you’re not locked into anything. If you put ppints into something you don’t want and can’t use a weapon or spell you like you can respec after the 3rd boss.

Also almost every build can be made OP if you fully upgrade the weapon and use the right talismans. I don’t think anything in the game is truly underpowered.

It doesn’t make sense to take so much time trying to decide at the beginning while you don’t have access to any good weapons and then you find a whip or broadsword and decide to change anyway from a katana/dex build to a STR or INT build

I see what your saying but a lot of these builds have started guides with them so I figured I’d do it that way and change builds once I hit dlc

From the looks of it I kinda would rather farm and build my character up before fighting bosses anyway

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I see what your saying but a lot of these builds have started guides with them so I figured I’d do it that way and change builds once I hit dlc

From the looks of it I kinda would rather farm and build my character up before fighting bosses anyway

Yeah truly don't worry too much. If you're having trouble surviving at first don't be afraid to level your Vigor. From there up the stats that scale with whatever weapons you enjoy using. And like Gizmo said if you find something later on you like more, you can eventually reset your stats. Have fun experimenting and if you mess up/feel weak you can always change back.

For example: I usually go with high DEX or STR builds in other souls games, but decided to try more INT this time since magic seemed to be expanded in this game.

I started off with a rapier, but by the end of the game I was using spells along with katanas, but had tried everything from whips & spears to greatswords because you can forge weapons to scale with whatever stats you want to focus on (or you'll find a version of a weapon that does it already).

You don't even need to change if you don't want to. Once I figured out my build I kept it from late game all the way through the DLC.
And if an area or boss is really tough you might just be under leveled/there too early, like you said might need to explore and farm for a bit.

Water

Pro
Daps
finally made the switch to dryleaf arts and its :wow:the lack of range makes it a bit harder but its worth it