Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Killed that Putrid Knight or whatever his name is. That fight was ok.

Also killed that scorpion/caterpillar chick. That was the best fight in the DLC so far IMO.

Side note, that fire great sword you get from those knights in The Shadow Keep is dope as f*ck. Pair it with Flame Skewer and go in.

On a related note, where the f*ck is Messmer? :dahell:

I went through The Shadow Keep and came out the other side....never seen him or his fog gate.

Fred.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished, still think it’s odd to kill an absolute tank like that final boss and not get a trophy or anything, ah well, amazing dlc for an amazing game, not sure how they top it with their next one honestly, this was every great thing from software ever did/leant rolled into one near perfect ass game

Now I can jump into that new FF14 expansion

Also killed that scorpion/caterpillar chick. That was the best fight in the DLC so far IMO.

Side note, that fire great sword you get from those knights in The Shadow Keep is dope as f*ck. Pair it with Flame Skewer and go in.

I went through The Shadow Keep and came out the other side....never seen him or his fog gate.

Fred.
He’s up top breh, there’s a Branching path, I’m guessing you went below, across the bridge and out to the next area, to reach messmar you need to keep climbing once you’re in the library bit, at one point it looks like you’ve gone as far as you can but you need to jump onto the big suspended skeleton/model and run across it to get to the highest balcony on the other side

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That sunflower is the wackest boss in any From game, ever. It makes Bed Of Chaos seem like Ludwig The Holy Blade.

The fight itself isn't too bad but the fact that they just copy and pasted it three times is lazy as f*ck. I'm sure there's some dumb ass lore reason why it's three times but f*ck all that, it's lazy.

Fred.

Not even close. It was no different than a 3 phase boss, each phase was progressively harder. Golden Hippo off top looked dumber and had bullsh1t attacks, and that's not a WOAT candidate either.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, gave me the :francis: Even the second time

The gorilla from Sekiro is the best example of a troll revive they have done, that was legit scary and dope as fukk when it first surprised me

Guardian Ape was a great troll. I felt like the game finally clicked after Genichiro and I beat Apes first phase in a few tries, then the revive happens.

The revive is a bit lame but the Scadutree is a decent boss

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Fred.

He is by the spot outside where those midget things w blades that throw the rot pots at you are at there is a tower w stairs going up. It’s a tower on the northwest part of shadow keep on the map.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not even close. It was no different than a 3 phase boss, each phase was progressively harder. Golden Hippo off top looked dumber and had bullsh1t attacks, and that's not a WOAT candidate either.

I don't know if my game glitched or what but none of the three phases were any different. They had the exact same move sets. None were particularly difficult.

So, yeah. It was the same boss 3x.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't know if my game glitched or what but none of the three phases were any different. They had the exact same move sets. None were particularly difficult.

Fred.

2nd phase should add the dash moves and 3rd phase should add the light body explosions

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2nd phase should add the dash moves and 3rd phase should add the light body explosions

I don't even know what those are. :mjlol:

He did the roots spam over and over and then the little lasers over his head. A couple other things, but none seemed different.

It's possible I killed it too fast to see its entire move set, I dunno. I'm like 260 in NG+3.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's possible I killed it too fast to see its entire move set, I dunno.

Probably this.

I switched to my blasphemous blade build (it’s super weak to fire) and killed it in like 5 hits. It didn’t get to do shyt

• Dap

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Your game glitched then, 3rd phase had a powerful AOE that changed how you have to fight it majorly for me, have to be very conscious of distance