Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
FUKK THIS HIPPO and his vacuum bullshyt ass bite. Insane aggression is not a well designed boss battle.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Finally beat Radahn last night after taking a break. Tried multiple weapons and finally got it done using bloodhound fang, my original weapon that got me through the game 2 years ago. Overall enjoyed the DLC and some of the bosses but fukk Radahn, Miquella and that wack ass ending.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yup, I feel that. Sekiro might be my choice though

Or when you eventually return to the beginning/old areas after "the turning point" in the game and see how much everything has changed/gone to chaos.
Sekiro imo, is the best From game. It really captures that feeling where if I get killed by a boss, it's almost always something I fukked up and can learn from and improve on. Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne had some of that but always had some jank to to boss battles like the awful cameras or shytty hitboxes. As for Elden Ring, while it's an amazing open world game, these boss battles are the some of the weakest in series to me. The manufactured difficulty from things like the stupid delays, the insane AOE attacks, or crazy 5-6 hit combos with no time to recover are more annoying than fun.

Also Elden Ring can benefit from having a boss rush mode like Sekiro does. I may be willing to take time and learn the boss moves and experiment more if I didn't have to play through the whole story again.

Last edited:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Sekiro imo, is the best From game. It really captures that feeling where if I get killed by a boss, it's almost always something I fukked up and can learn from and improve on. Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne had some of that but always had some jank to to boss battles like the awful cameras or shytty hitboxes. Also while Elden Ring is an amazing open world game, with great exploration and lore, these boss battles are the some of the weakest in series to me. The manufactured difficulty from things like the stupid delays, the insane AOE attacks, or crazy 5-6 hit combos with no time to recover are more annoying than fun.

Also Elden Ring can benefit from having a boss rush mode like Sekiro does. I may be willing to take time and learn the boss moves and experiment more if I didn't have to play through the whole story again.

Yeah that was what made me like it, felt the most fair in that sense and rewarding when you beat an encounter. There was no outleveling a boss encounter, needed to learn how to adapt to the boss and could always get by just by knowing the fundamentals prothetics were just a bonus, never felt required.

And like you said, if you lost an encounter it was because you messed up (for most of the bosses at least). Some dinged if for the lack of build variety but the prosthetics added enough variety to me. And after watching how other people used them in creative ways, I know I didn’t even use them to their full potential.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
If they needed to patch anything it's the slow ass animation when using your health flask. Can't fukkin dodge for a whole ass second after you take it. Don't ever have time to even use the fukkin things:hhh:

I hate how you're just stuck there if youre delicately taking a sip of your flask and the enemy is rushing you with ill intent, you should be able to cancel out of that animation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hate how you're just stuck there if youre delicately taking a sip of your flask and the enemy is rushing you with ill intent, you should be able to cancel out of that animation

Lets just be thankful they didn’t keep it how it was in DS1 and not allow us to move and drink

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
As for Elden Ring, while it's an amazing open world game, these boss battles are the some of the weakest in series to me. The manufactured difficulty from things like the stupid delays, the insane AOE attacks, or crazy 5-6 hit combos with no time to recover are more annoying than fun.

Yea, similar sentiments. GOAT tier game and i have no issues with the open world elements/density of the DLC, some areas are more concentrated/hit harder than others but it's a collectively rich experience overall.

That said, the manufactured difficulty in some boss battles makes "git gud" feel less practical than "hide behind your Ash and hope rng is in your favor" as you cheese from a distance.

Another pet peeve indirect is that many of the incants are more style than substance + lack hyper armor, so it feels more practical sticking to tried n true ones like golden vow or a rot incant up front. Granted some of the new ones like messmer orb is fire, pun intended.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
With the numerous additional weapons/spells/incantations/talisman in the add-on, I think is safe to say that Elden Ring is the very best game in terms of customization expression of playstyle in the Souls saga. It includes almost everything they have added in prior entries as well as the features that are exclusive to this IP. Personally pvp I like DS2 and DS3 a bit more but that's just me.