Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel ur pain :pachaha:

I got back in last week and luckily I had already beaten Radahn but I still had to fight my way through Leyndell and the Mountaintops to get to the teleporter.

At 186 u should be able rush through it pretty quickly, trust me you'll need the practice before u come to this shadow realm:whoa:

True, I do need practice because I forgot how to do things in this game and also, I forgot how fun this game was. Brought me back.

All I'm doing is go straight to fight against bosses now so I can get to Shadow of the Erdtree DLC story.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not playing this even tho I own the base game, just not into soulsboirne like that anymore

Been watching people play it and that 2nd boss looks ridiculous

I think it's lame that they are basically forcing you to grind for those items to level up even tho you already put 100 hours into the base game, that's a lazy way to scale, just make the bosses better, making them tanky and do crazy damage isn't always the answer

It’s not really a grind just moreso exploration. It’s super harsh at the beginning but after you get a few fragments it starts to even out. My endgame build still feels strong but I’ll get clapped quick if I’m not moving on point out here :sadcam:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It’s not really a grind just moreso exploration. It’s super harsh at the beginning but after you get a few fragments it starts to even out. My endgame build still feels strong but I’ll get clapped quick if I’m not moving on point out here :sadcam:
I think that's my biggest problem, I found the exploration in elden ring to be the weakest part of the game, I like dark souls style where it's not open world and handcrafted content

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i think people are gonna really make themselves miserable with this sticking hard and fast to the regular games ruleset. I see nikkas going into this with like no armor, no summons, no magic, etc. like ok….

People peer pressure themselves into being righteous souls players gonna get packed up real quick and humbled to the high heavens, god bless

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Nah I'm running

70 in
70 faith

42 vigor

and random points into other stats.

Got the Prince of Death Staff and the seal with the INT/Faith scaling.

Sword of Night and Flame in the other hand

Its weird in the overworld and in the dungeons I pretty much can cheese anything cause I have so much different spells. Them bosses have me in hell though. All the boss fights are pretty much melee only which makes the whole build fukking useless. I'm beating these fkers with Carian slicer in 2024 :dead:

This has been my experience too (but with the moonlight katana). I haven’t switched up weapons or armor or anything yet because mobs are easy…can take out groups without much issue…but the bosses been smacking me at times :deadrose:

i think people are gonna really make themselves miserable with this sticking hard and fast to the regular games ruleset. I see nikkas going into this with like no armor, no summons, no magic, etc. like ok….

People peer pressure themselves into being righteous souls players gonna get packed up real quick and humbled to the high heavens, god bless

If anything I feel more encouraged to use everything, and it’s kinda nice!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Me during this boss battle:

avengers-assemble-avengers.gif

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

A younger me would have been game for it but I just don’t got the time right now to waste hours on a boss

Another thing is I think FromSoftware is clearly designing these bosses around all the tools at your disposal(most importantly the spirit ashes), unlike the old games where they sort of designed bosses to be soloable. They’re not unbeatable but it’s going to take an extreme amount of patience and some luck to overcome some of the nonsense they throw at you

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Well if your a streamer, you'll be pressured into things like that for sure

If youre a regular guy, by all means. I see the value in challenge runs myself

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
f anything I feel more encouraged to use everything, and it’s kinda nice!
Another thing is I think FromSoftware is clearly designing these bosses around all the tools at your disposal(most importantly the spirit ashes), unlike the old games where they sort of designed bosses to be soloable. They’re not unbeatable but it’s going to take an extreme amount of patience and some luck to overcome some of the nonsense they throw at you

Yeah, that’s basically why they have a whole different leveling system specifically for the DLC. They are pretty much telling you to bring everything you got, cheese build away, you still gonna end up horizontal :ufdup:

Daps

I think that whole shyt is stupid.

Like why does a game need to be frustrating lol. I get challenging but a level 1 run or no armor run is literally just for internet points. It's dumb

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I agree with using all tools at your disposal but I do appreciate that there’s at least a couple bosses that will say fukk YOU to your spirit ashes as soon as you step through that fog:pachaha:

:russ: first time I tried to call mimic Boss hit me mid-bell ringing

That health loss from summoning mimic was timed perfectly with that hit, I died instantly only left to watch my mimic spawn confused af :skip:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think that whole shyt is stupid.

Like why does a game need to be frustrating lol. I get challenging but a level 1 run or no armor run is literally just for internet points. It's dumb

Yeah, i understand people want a challenge and it’s fulfilling to beat a boss 1 v 1, but most people are not built to spend an entire 12 hour day on a boss

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaan I was on that time too but I said fukk it, these enemies ain’t playing fair so I don’t feel no way about throwing the kitchen sink at them

I gave up on that no summon idea after Malenia

i feel you. but this is probably it for this version of elden ring, so i'm gonna try to play the whole way without backup. just gonna get my ass beat and embrace it for as long as i can hold out.

already took down the furnace golem and that beat-ass dragon sitting near the great katana on my own. and i can already read the lion's phase one attacks. it's just the timing. sometimes when the DLC enemies pause, it's an extra-long pause trying to bait you to roll early. but then sometimes that azzhole lion will bluff a pause and actually attack way faster than normal. and he throws shyt at you so randomly i haven't figured out where to dodge, when to be aggressive, etc etc. it's coming tho. when he spins and spits smoke, if you run to your left you can charge in at an angle for a heavy attack, cause he doesn't complete the third spin; he stops once he's facing you, near his left side. and if you time him right after he does the long pause in the air before the headbutt, you can roll and tag him with giant hunt (or your heavy attack of choice) while he's pulling his head out of the ground.

it might take a couple days... :mjcry:... but whoever revived that lion better get ready to call PETA.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with using all tools at your disposal but I do appreciate that there’s at least a couple bosses that will say fukk YOU to your spirit ashes as soon as you step through that fog:pachaha:

on my first playthrough i wouldn't even summon mimic tear against malenia until she got to phase two. otherwise he'd be dead by the time i actually needed him (if you're just gonna be a distraction, distract her while she's summoning 16 kage bunshin to chase after me). :russ: