Elaine Brown, Black Panther, goes the fukk off on Black Lives Matter and the new generation

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Even you see the jig:wow:

Majority of the "woke" people today are wome by reaction. Very few people had these things instilled inthem as children. Black people the only group that doesnt school their children on race in large numbers. This is why we grow up thinking ish is sweet until we get our card pulled and then "wake up". Mean while 2nd grade white kids are calling black kids the N word with a strong ER and they know why they are saying it and it damn sure aint from a rap song.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BLM is a complete joke that's done nothing for black people, and if you look at their site their #1 agenda is eliminating black fatherhood.
:mjlol: Y'all are just straight making up stuff. Might as well join the White supremacists :dame:
Ol "BLM poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!" ass nikkas :russ:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Majority of the "woke" people today are wome by reaction. Very few people had these things instilled inthem as children. Black people the only group that doesnt school their children on race in large numbers. This is why we grow up thinking ish is sweet until we get our card pulled and then "wake up". Mean while 2nd grade white kids are calling black kids the N word with a strong ER and they know why they are saying it and it damn sure aint from a rap song.
You can only be "woke" by reaction, if you're not reacting to anything you're essentially shadowboxing in an empty gym.
My parents may have hotep imagery around the house, and kept pro-Black literature on all the book shelves, but if it hadn't been for my own intuition and thirst for knowledge, I could be a complacent "house negro" or one of these moronic "pseudo-pro Black" people who criticise and do absolutely nothing."

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You can only be "woke" by reaction, if you're not reacting to anything you're essentially shadowboxing in an empty gym.
My parents may have hotep imagery around the house, and kept pro-Black literature on all the book shelves, but if it hadn't been for my own intuition and thirst for knowledge, I could be a complacent "house negro" or one of these moronic "pseudo-pro Black" people who criticise and do absolutely nothing."

Speak for yourself. My parents taught me who I am and what I came from and to live to a certain standard. Nothing "hotep" about that. The lessons I was taught early allowed me to navigate through life easier than those who were un aware to the nature of the world.

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
BLM is a complete joke that's done nothing for black people, and if you look at their site their #1 agenda is eliminating black fatherhood.

Real talk:salute:

We are at a cross roads brothers and sisters. We see the media and political exploitation. It's truly insane. WE HAVE TOTALLY SURRENDERED OUR POLITICAL POWER TO FEMINISM, LIBERALISM, AND HOMOSEXUALITY. We have to walk away from these people brehs.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speak for yourself. My parents taught me who I am and what I came from and to live to a certain standard. Nothing "hotep" about that. The lessons I was taught early allowed me to navigate through life easier than those who were un aware to the nature of the world.
None of those things has to do with being "woke" and that's the point of what I'm saying. Knowing where you come from and who you are has absolutely nothing to do with an active unpacking of systemic oppression, both phrenic and not.
Your parents teach you about the "world around you" but they don't necessarily teach you the conditions in which you're actively oppressed, partially because that's up to you. Only you know the intersection of systemic biases that affect your daily life.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
None of those things has to do with being "woke" and that's the point of what I'm saying. Knowing where you come from and who you are has absolutely nothing to do with an active unpacking of systemic oppression, both phrenic and not.
Your parents teach you about the "world around you" but they don't necessarily teach you the conditions in which you're actively oppressed, partially because that's up to you. Only you know the intersection of systemic biases that affect your daily life.

Lol nah just say your parents failed you and keep it moving.

Part of being taught who you are is being taught why you (and others like you) are in their current condition you are in. Being taught these things provide guidance so when/if certain events happen to you in life you have guidance on how to handle it or at least understand why it is happening so there is no confusion.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol nah just say your parents failed you and keep it moving.

Part of being taught who you are is being taught why you (and others like you) are in their current condition you are in. Being taught these things provide guidance so when/if certain events happen to you in life you have guidance on how to handle it or at least understand why it is happening so there is no confusion.
:dwillhuh: You literally just ignored what I said and replied with something completely South of my statement :dwillhuh:
I'm not talking about setting you up for "life events" I'm talking about awareness of systemic biases and being able to see how those affect you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:dwillhuh: You literally just ignored what I said and replied with something completely South of my statement :dwillhuh:
I'm not talking about setting you up for "life events" I'm talking about awareness of systemic biases and being able to see how those affect you.

You become aware of "systemic biases" via life events. What in the hell are you talking about?

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think she asking for martyrdom.

I mean of course these two distinct social activist groups have two different mentalities to the grander/more complex issue of race and equality in america.

The mentality is different as the culture has shifted. De-segregation is a major part of this shift for better or worse. Lessons have been learned and errors will be made.

Maybe BLM movement is using the black panthers discourse as a way to progress the message, and move a little left to see how that fairs (although i disagree with that course of action)

Or maybe they just dont want to be executed like past out-spoken leaders , even though it will be much harder to hide and deny. But you still dead.