Elaine Brown, Black Panther, goes the fukk off on Black Lives Matter and the new generation

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Someone is literally 200 years late to Impossibilism.
"Liberation" from what exactly? The anarchical nation-state system of the world, steeped in inequality?
You can throw out obscure Marxist theories but ask a question about liberation like thats so hard of a concept to grasp :camby:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ad hominem attack on her takes away nothing from the words that she said. I think it is idiotic to claim the BPP failed, and yet sing the success of BLM. We still see the effects of BPP both in politics and culture, yet you would be pressed to say the same for BLM. You can't even measure it at this point as a historian because there has not been enough time to properly see the impact and legacy of BLM. What does her working in a strip club have to do with ANY of what was written in the article?
We see the effects of BPP are culture, they had little-to-no impact on politics once disbanded, and they failed in all of their goals. They were an incredible organization, but if you honestly think they succeeded, then you should be asking yourself why there is a necessity for BLM at all. And BLM is still an existing organization, BPP disbanded over 30 years ago, you cannot measure the impact of an organization within the first few years of it's existence.
And you're purposely ignoring the second portion of that sentence, she was saved by a married cac. He was the one who introduced her to radicalisation, and "introduction" is a big part of consciousness, and actually moving toward a goal. At the very least, BLM introduces people to the more subtle aspects of systemic racism and misogynoir.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can throw out obscure Marxist theories but ask a question about liberation like thats so hard of a concept to grasp :camby:
You're being obtuse. "Liberation" doesn't exist. There is no "liberation" in an inner-connected system while in a White controlled country. You can't give a definition because you don't know what "liberation" looks like in this context, no one does.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ad hominem attack on her takes away nothing from the words that she said. I think it is idiotic to claim the BPP failed, and yet sing the success of BLM. We still see the effects of BPP both in politics and culture, yet you would be pressed to say the same for BLM. You can't even measure it at this point as a historian because there has not been enough time to properly see the impact and legacy of BLM. What does her working in a strip club have to do with ANY of what was written in the article?

One thing I'm noticing about these new black "liberals" is that they have no problem using gender roles, slut shaming, and other personal attacks whenever it suits their agenda. Completely emotional, hypocritical, and reactionary...

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Read the bolded. She's right. BLM is a white-sponsored, controlled opposition group :yeshrug:

BLM saying it has roots in self-determination is laughable if weren't so disingenuous :francis:

How can a black group be self-determined if it's funded by non-black power brokers who help politicians create the laws that they are supposedly protesting against :usure:

"Hands Up Don't Shoot" is maybe the most conciliatory phrase in black political protest history :wow:

BLM is a trojan horse organization that is more interested in intersectionality issues than it is black self-determination or anything else black :mjpls:

BLM is not for black people. It's sponsored and paid for by white people for the sake of white people to use as a political click bait in this social media age :russell:

Peace

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
They need to be called out for their seat at the table tactics. Begging someone to treat you right has a defeatist vibe to it. Raising awareness is one thing, but fukking blocking highways and interrupting the masses with no clear reason why or objective to be reached is played.

They spend so much time being reactionary, with the vision and mission statement determined not by black self-determination, but by reactions to the actions of their masters. They promote silent complacency by validating armchair social justice tweeters and facebookers. They don't have a plan for black liberation, but in a way, they do, and they have been executing it. They don't want liberation; they want the same privileges of white men in this current society. They look to be as exclusive as white men in the meteing out of privilege. What does a die in prove? We are surround by dehumanizing portrayals of death and by you doing this in the middle of the campus center, how does that equate to social justice and black liberation?

Everybody wants to scream Black Lives Matter with the hashtag but disappear when you talk about economic boycotts. Y'all don't want to change the system. You just want a better seat at the table.

Even you see the jig:wow:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Wanting a seat at the table ain't that what heterosexual black men are accused of wanting? I guess some of them know from experience. :jbhmm:
Expound on that idea more. I posted this to my fb timeline as a direct diss to the social justice faux-warriors on my campus. BLM and die-in's were heavy on this campus, and have proven to be largely worthless, except for the few at the top who are using this activism to secure themselves better jobs/more influence.
I equate their calls for inclusion to wanting a seat at the table. Not having enough sense to realize that by eating at that table, they will perpetuate the same system.

@Thomas I am not avoiding your post lol but I will have to wait to address what you are saying when I have a little more time.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
Pretty much another way to destabilize the black family.

BLM is basically the new civil rights generation..

gotta recognize, most black baby boomers were c00ns

we already know jesse jackson helped assassinate MLK

and he was considered MILITANT compared to the average nikka back then :wow:

if he was willing to stand by n let MLK get murdered

what would them other house nikkas have done if they got the chance??

mighta pulled the trigger themselves.. :francis:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I'm noticing about these new black "liberals" is that they have no problem using gender roles, slut shaming, and other personal attacks whenever it suits their agenda. Completely emotional, hypocritical, and reactionary...
"Liberal" :laff:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
What are YOU doing about the senseless killing of the black males + females?

Reason I don't put down the BLM folk is because at least they are out there making noise, risking getting arrested, putting their lives, jobs at stake.

My thought is if a person is only typing behind a computer screen and not doing anything about it, then

They receive millions of dollars to protest...protesting and being on twitter is their job...

Lets be real...BLM is a snake movement that started off the backs of grassroots movements...but then the BLM leaders would touch down and take over and then get money...

I am pretty sure all the top people in BLM are millionaires now...