Elaine Brown, Black Panther, goes the fukk off on Black Lives Matter and the new generation

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BLM prolly isn't even familiar with them.
:francis: Tankies are not the Marxist subgroup to align yourself with in this day and age, at at the time of BPP peak, they were getting shadow support from the Soviets and the Maoists, times have changed, you can't use the same tactics 40 years later unless you want to see people get wiped off the map (again) with no improvement (again).

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
it's the age old debate of reform vs revolt
  • BLM = changing the system from within. low risk, low reward.

• BPP = challenging the system directly, liberation. high risk, high reward.

option #2 will be met with armed resistance, and there is a high chance of death.

for those that have made it to middle class and above, they aren't willing to risk that. people at the poverty line may talk about how they have nothing to lose, but being poor in the US is not like being poor elsewhere.

if someone says they personally have nothing to lose, that just isn't true. a LIFE is still something to lose, and deep down everyone knows it.

resent BLM because you disagree with their method, but unless you are ready to make the ultimate sacrifice yourself, passively complaining has no risk, AND no reward, even less than they are doing.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
:francis: Tankies are not the Marxist subgroup to align yourself with in this day and age, at at the time of BPP peak, they were getting shadow support from the Soviets and the Maoists, times have changed, you can't use the same tactics 40 years later unless you want to see people get wiped off the map (again) with no improvement (again).
I guess being a twitter activist is the way to go.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There's a massive difference :dead:
I bet you believe that Black woman and Black men's issues are exactly the same too because "they're both Black" right? :deadrose:
Their issues both stem from their blackness
:mindblown:

Bruh arent you in undergrad or something?
Go to class
:camby:

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
:russell:
The same shyt she said about BLM was said about the Panthers back in the day:sas2:. Infact worst was said about the Panthers because, the Panthers were more forceful. It's funny, Elaine and them was talking shyt about Khalid Muhhamad because he was too forceful, and then talk shyt about BLM because they're not foreful enough.:patrice:

BLM aint perfect, yet Elaine would be the perfect person to help and assist a local chapter... instead of bashing them in the media.

2. I stated local chapter because, there's a difference between a local BLM group, and BLM the Organization. The Organization is controlled opposition, and the Local Chapters are grassroots.
The local chaters is the one doing all the real work, while the Organization takes all the credit.

Anyways this is some crab shyt...

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Brehs, have you actually been to the BLM website?? I just read through it for the first time and it was :scust::scust:

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

A handful of the principles:

Queer Affirming:
We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

Black Family:
We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work.

Transgender Affirming:
We are committed to embracing and making space for trans brothers and sisters to participate and lead. We are committed to being self-reflexive and doing the work required to dismantle cis-gender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

Black Villages:
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement
by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

:mindblown: WTF does this shyt have to do with helping the black community?!?!

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Brehs, have you actually been to the BLM website?? I just read through it for the first time and it was :scust::scust:

Queer Affirming:
We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

Black Family:
We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work.

Transgender Affirming:
We are committed to embracing and making space for trans brothers and sisters to participate and lead. We are committed to being self-reflexive and doing the work required to dismantle cis-gender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

Black Villages:
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement
by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

Absolutely nothing.... :francis: and white people want to label BLM terrorists... :mjlol: I just laugh inside thinking of that shyt because BLM is soft as cotton candy.... compared to others...

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Think theres a difference when the issues both go through is from their blackness brehs
:mjlol:

The root cause of the issues black people face is from being black. If you want to talk about something else then you can go start a "wealthy lives matter" movement.
You killing em breh

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
I guess being a twitter activist is the way to go.

Funny tho. I remember when the youth in Egypt used social media to galvanize a social movement in Egypt... all u old ass nikkas, was complaining how u wish the blk youths in the States did the same.
Now the blk youths are using social media to galvanize, and bring awarness to social issues, now y'all wanna bash them........

I agree, Twitter activism ain't the end all be all. Yet we can't ingnore the fact that There were mANy times were the media blocked out info, yet we were able to spread information, and keep one another aware via social media....

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Read Angela Y. Davis, Women, Race, and Class.
Shouldn't have to explain well-known concepts to someone who purports to be "pro-Black."
I dont purport to be anything.
You and a few other peons on here stay assuming stuff about posters. I assume you engage in so much useless debating you get posters confused.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan

Queer Affirming:

Black Family:

Transgender Affirming:

Black Villages:

Whoa. I really didnt realize just how slick dese BLM mufukkas were. Dat's actually quite alarming & disturbing.

Think it's bout time I help re educate some of mah peoples bout dis "movement ". :francis:

Good looks.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

Queer Affirming:

Black Family:

Transgender Affirming:

Black Villages:

Notice how black men have been ommitted from their mission statement.

:mjpls: