El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
That’s a Malcolm x mentality?
Brotha, what are you trying to discuss? We both believe the system is corrupt. Corruption means it's not honest. So some dudes who should be in prison, are not in prison. And some who are inside, should have never been inside.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I look to the ants.

Good ants are building the anthill. Which is critical for the total ant society.

Maybe lazy ass ants are lunching. Not helping. Just mooching. Bad behavior in the scenario where anthill = good.

Then you got the bad ants. Mfs taking dirt OFF the anthill. For whatever reason. Crazy. Jealous. Evil. Doesn't matter. The mfs taking dirt OFF the anthill are enemies of the whole society. Same as non ant opportunists and straight ant enemies.

The bad ants should be killed and eaten. The lazy ants better think twice for they ass be on the menu.

"They may look useless, but they're not: so-called lazy ants serve as new recruits ready to replace the top productive workers when the need arises. New research shows that these ants are far from useless. If the first thing that comes to mind when you think about ants is "industrious," you might be in for a surprise."

Maybe those problem ants just need jobs,and by "jobs" I mean a purpose. Something which this zoo known as America doesnt allow:respect:?

What would cause an ant to throw dirt off a pile. Maybe that ant has been genetically modified. But its easier to kill the ants,then for the ants to figure out he source of whats poisoning their food supply,causing the ants to act this way.

With that said if you are a g.m.o ant,you were warned. If you failed to read the tea leaves,enjoy the zoo within the zoo.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
President with the Highest approval rating in the world

Nothing else to say really :manny:

Putin has an 80% approval rating right now as he sends his able-bodied male population to slaughter, destroys his nation's economy, openly kills off his opposition, and removes every available freedom.

Modi has an 80% approval rating even as he's imprisoning his opposition parties, locking down the press, damn near removing citizenship from Muslims and Christians, killed off more of his people during Covid than any other leader, can't fix the employment situation, and has endured multiple massive riot/protest movements in the last three years, all of which were put down with draconian measures.

Approval rating means nothing. A lot of people are bootlickers. The highest one-time approval rating of any president in my lifetime was by George Bush, the highest approval rating over the course of the presidency was Ronald Reagan. And the two of them did more to destroy the country than any president had for nearly 100 years.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
This board is crawling with a staggering amount of insane right wing fascists. Some of the responses in here are fukking absurd. And y’all have the audacity to call other people animals :hhh:

OP just happened to leave out the part about these people being denied the right to a lawyer or how innocent people have gotten caught up in this. Imagine losing your entire life over mistaken identity or because a cop was having a bad day and didn’t like you

Very curious to know what your communist approach to ending the violence in El Salvador would entail?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Brotha, what are you trying to discuss? We both believe the system is corrupt. Corruption means it's not honest. So some dudes who should be in prison, are not in prison. And some who are inside, should have never been inside.
don’t put that on Malcolm x,
So you know it’s corruption so isn’t the solution to try and solve the corruption

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Systematic change are impossible in a SEA of crimes: non investement, no growth, nothing.

We have to keep in mind that Salvador, a poor country, was left to deal with an issue the US created.

They should add a social dimension to the issue of crimes, of course. But firstly, something needed to be done immediately about the insane level of crimes. In some cases, drastic measures can't be avoided, sadly.

If their national stats are to be believed, the murder rate in the year BEFORE they started this crackdown was about the same as Louisiana.

Total murders in the country were in the same ballpark as Georgia.

And that's before the crackdown. Before they did any of this.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The more you victimize people the less they care about what happens to you or the "system"
The same system that made an individual resort to crime makes it hard for people doing right to live life so a criminal adding extra burden and danger on top of that :camby:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am a left leaning person but feel sometimes you have to be HARD on crime, especially if average law abiding citizen feel unsafe. Tyranny by street gangs is no better than tryanny by an authoritarian police state. With that said there are underlying socioeconomic factors that contribute to gangs that need to be addressed for any real solution.

How you guys feel about this? Are they being too oppressive?

Some of the comments on YT speak for themselves.

"I am from El Salvador, living in the USA. My uncle was killed by a gang member, while robbing him. While visiting El Salvador, my Godfather, who lives in El Salvador, and I, were robbed and almost killed by 3 gang members. I support President Nayib Bukele 100%. A lady in El Salvador, making tortillas, earning a few dollars a day was killed by gangs because one week she could not pay the $5 weekly extortion payment. She is one of thousands of innocent victims of gangs. All gang members should be executed. They are pure evil. I used to hate tattoos. Now I like them, because a gang tattoo is enough proof to arrest and prosecute. Human "criminal" rights organizations are a joke. If I had a relative, that was part of a gang. I would want that relative in prison or executed. Unlike this "blind" relatives. Viva Bukele! Long live Bukele! Bukele Rocks!"

"Only us Salvadoreans know what we have been through that's why we support everything that our president is doing for the country"

"My whole family supports Nayib Bukele. The ones in Salvador and out. They all view what he's doing as cleaning up a mess that was left to grow for decades. He isn't perfect, but he is honest. Family friends on my grandfather's side have been arrested and they completely understand why. Almost every Salvadorian supports him for a reason."

I’m left leaning too, but I have no sympathy for predators. I’m with Umar “For good”!!!

Some people are just rotten and need to be punished and removed from society. Hopefully they’ll learn their lesson and turn their lives around.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
If their national stats are to be believed, the murder rate in the year BEFORE they started this crackdown was about the same as Louisiana.

That's a bad comparison.

It's a way poorer country, which means the effect of criminality are worse. Also, that's only the murder rate. Endemic criminality does not start and end with the murder rate. Gangs basically paralyzed that country.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
. Also, that's only the murder rate. Endemic criminality does not start and end with the murder rate.

So the entire premise of the thread is about him decreasing the murder rate, but the moment I put that in context y'all are, "murder rate isn't everything!"

Yall are shameless. :mjlol:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
So the entire premise of the thread is about him decreasing the murder rate, but the moment I put that in context y'all are, "murder rate isn't everything!"

Yall are shameless. :mjlol:
Shameless because you're comparing American state to one of the poorest country in the world?

The entire premise of my comment was that the level of criminality in Salvador was not sustainable for that country.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

This comparison doesn’t mean anything. The murder rate in Louisiana is not acceptable. Also their murder rate was still slightly higher than Louisiana and twice that of Georgia not sure why you used raw murders for Georgia. It was also a product of tough on crime policies then they finally decided to put the hammer down.

El Salvador is not accepting it and some calm years for their standards relatively speaking does not mean it could not explode to what it was just years prior. The crack down started after 87 people were killed over the course of two days. Think of all the victims especially all the innocent ones. Them head to toe tatted MS-13 members are demonic life is extra cheap to them and they have more pull than American criminal organizations on daily life in that country.

It’s a different country this type of killing or demonstration is not happening in America
Between March 25 and March 27, no fewer than 87 Salvadorans were murdered. According to El Faro, most of the victims had no known connection to the maras, El Salvador’s deadly street gangs. Victims included a 42-year-old domestic worker, a 27-year-old surfing instructor, a 40-year-old shopkeeper and a 22-year-old shoemaker. The oldest victim was 66. The youngest was 18. Some of their bodies were abandoned on the side of the road for the authorities—and the cameras—to find. March 26, when most of the violence was carried out, marked El Salvador’s “most violent day of the century” so far.

In El Salvador gangs extort practically all the countries businesses. American gangs are not out here extorting businesses.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The problem is when we do it, we fill the jails with non violent offenders like drug dealers. So when a person that busts their gun is arrested they are back on the street in 24hrs due to overcrowding. and we already have more jails than any nation in the world. So while building more jails might work for el salvador, for us decriminalizing more the petty victimless crimes might be the best priority. We got ppp loan fraudsters locked up while jan 6th insurrectionists are chilling at home on probation planning the next mass shooting, El salvador likely isn't doing that.
there's accusations thats exactly whats going on in el salvador. innocent people getting looked up with hardened criminals.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I don’t have a dog in this fight so, good or bad, right or wrong go all I can add is:

1. If this were implemented here, innocent people would definitely be getting caught up.

2. If these mother fukkers get organized in the prison and find a way to escape… :demonic: