Edward Norton is the most "had a spark when you started" actor

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
He's the second form version of Mickey Rourke.

Good actor. But believes in his own hype way too much to the point where he feels he's above other actors and certain directors and studios. Which makes him difficult to work with.

Hollywood isn't like sports. You don't get by on being the best or your talent you get by on connections and relationships :yeshrug:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Ed cemented his legacy as one of the greats a long time ago.

Some of you go too far with Edward's rep for wanting to be creatively involved in the movie he's starring in.

I never heard Spike or Fincher say a bad word about him. And they're masters of their craft.

Some of you feed too much into that "difficult to work with" talk. Some of you act like he's early 90s Mickey Rourke.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'd throw Josh Hartnett's name into the mix. He was in stuff like The Faculty, Pearl Harbor, and Blackhawk Down, then kind of fell off and was doing some bullshyt for a long time. Then when he was in Penny Dreadful i remember thinking "why did this dude fall off? he plays that mysterious brooding lead well".

I gotta look up what happened to his career.
This is a good one. He was primed to be the next guy...
and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspects.gif

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd throw Josh Hartnett's name into the mix. He was in stuff like The Faculty, Pearl Harbor, and Blackhawk Down, then kind of fell off and was doing some bullshyt for a long time. Then when he was in Penny Dreadful i remember thinking "why did this dude fall off? he plays that mysterious brooding lead well".

I gotta look up what happened to his career.
Dumbass turned down Batman Begins and Superman Returns to do some bullshyt movies that didn't do shyt at the box office.

Cats like Bale, Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy made connections so Nolan would put them in their shyt while Hartnett was fukked. Then he decided to take a break from acting and no one gives a shyt about him anymore.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Had to of been him getting involved in scripts...

As Christian bale showed us when he threatened to trash that guy's lights..you can get away with pissing off actors or even outbursts..but he probably pissing off directors and studio suits.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as actors and such go, I really enjoy Ed Norton. I know he’s notoriously difficult to work with because he likes to have creative directions, but I think that is driven from a place of really loving and taking his job seriously. It’s not like he’s bytched and moaned about missed opportunities. He has his approach and he’s comfortable with that. He’s left money and fame on the table because he values his personal life, I can respect that. He might have a bad rap of being difficult to work with behind the camera but I think he’s widely regarded as an actual genuine, good person that cares about people, which is rare to find in Hollywood. So for that, I can respect him

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Didn't know he was supposedly hard to work with...so basically his role in Birdman was about him in real life? :jbhmm: :lolbron:

He's always been one of my favorite actors, was kinda sad to see him kind of flabby in Glass Onion tbh. But he killed it as usual.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Old head answer but I was gone say Michael Keaton. It seemed like he was primed to run shyt. After the Batman movies and Beetlejuice I thought he was about to go on a run. Then he just barely worked for most of the 90s.

Or shyt does Chris Tucker count cause that's the one.

Think Keaton got blackballed for a bit because he didn't want to be Batman anymore after the 2nd movie

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I actually think he's still good.
I feel like they don't put him in the right movies though.

There was a period of time where they tried to make him into some summer blockbuster guy. And I think he does his best work with indie movies and character roles.

Like, let's say you give him the kind of roles that....Colin Farrell gets. Like, not necessarily a guy who has to be the main lead, but not entirely an overlooked guy like David Paymer.

I got it. You put Nicholas Cage in the movies that John Turturro gets...everyone will say he's a legend.
But Con Air and The Rock are classics.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Nicholas Cage
Cage keeps dropping classic after classis :wow:

But yeah this dude even fukked up Marvel money, one thing about hollywood, doens't matter how talented or popular you are, if you are a c*nt to work with they will fukking destroy you.

Remember the blonde from Greys Anatomy? yeah me neither.:lolbron: