Edward Norton is the most "had a spark when you started" actor

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Like 98 percent of literally all actors have their best movies in the first quarter) half of their career. Lmao
Denzel , DDL, Phoenix and Leo tho? :leostare:

But you do have a point…all the goats (DeNiro, Pacino, Hanks, Nicholson, etc) all had their best movies at the beginning of their careers

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Love him but he should be on Leo's level. He's selective on roles but imagine if he wanted to work with Scorsese or Nolan, or any of the great directors like Leo. He's had a good career but he would be legend status.

In 1999, nobody would have ever thought that DiCaprio would even be on the same level as Norton.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
sad-cry.gif

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
In 1999, nobody would have ever thought that DiCaprio would even be on the same level as Norton.
In 99 Leo already had Titanic. He already has hits with Romeo and Juliet and Whatever that movie was that followed Titanic with him in the mask.

Norton was the truth though. I still check for him.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That’s cap

In 1999 Leo already had Iron Mask, Basketball Diaries, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (nominated for an oscar), Titanic and Romeo + Juliet under his belt along with that movie he did with Meryl Streep, Dianne Keaton and Robert Deniro (Marvin’s Room).

Dicaprio was very much on that level And at a younger age.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
never thought he was a great actor I don't get the hype. he's great at them smug a$$hole roles cause that's prolly how he is in real life lol

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I'd throw Josh Hartnett's name into the mix. He was in stuff like The Faculty, Pearl Harbor, and Blackhawk Down, then kind of fell off and was doing some bullshyt for a long time. Then when he was in Penny Dreadful i remember thinking "why did this dude fall off? he plays that mysterious brooding lead well".

I gotta look up what happened to his career.

He chose to stop acting and just raise a family. It was his choice

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Josh Hartnett was never a great actor though.
Please stop this.
You can debate his acting skills but he was definitely popular and in demand. Had talks for Superman, Batman and Spiderman but he wanted to be an artist :francis:

I’ve definitely said no to some of the wrong people,” he said. “I said no because I was tired and wanted to spend more time with my friends and family. That’s frowned upon in this industry. People don’t like being told no. I don’t like it. I learned my lesson when Christopher Nolan and I talked about Batman. I decided it wasn’t for me. Then he didn’t want to put me in The Prestige. They not only hired their Batman for it, they also hired my girlfriend [Scarlett Johansson] at the time.”

It was around then that he plotted his calculated retreat. After Superman, there were reports that he had also turned down Batman; in fact, he didn’t get any closer to that part than a conversation with Christopher Nolan. But the perception of him in Hollywood began to change. “They looked at me as someone who had bitten the hand that fed me. It wasn’t that. I wasn’t doing it to be recalcitrant or a rebel. People wanted to create a brand around me that was going to be accessible and well-liked, but I didn’t respond to the idea of playing the same character over and over, so I branched out. I tried to find smaller films I could be part of and, in the process, I burned my bridges at the studios because I wasn’t participating. Our goals weren’t the same.”

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Norton could have easily been apart of the MCU as the Hulk and collected a nice paycheck for years. But Edward Norton is some one who takes his acting quite serious and is very selective with the movies he does.

There are some exceptions but he seems the type to do movies that he feels can challenge him in some way.

He got the money…he just having fun now lol
That's not why... He wanted to change the script up some. They offered it but he wouldn't do because they wouldn't let him write again