Edward Norton is the most "had a spark when you started" actor

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
It was fitting that he was in Collateral Beauty with Will Smith a few years ago
My husband and I watched this for the first time yesterday and it was SO BAD. My husband was like how TF you have all these stars and it's so dry? :hhh:

Also, Ed Norton was on The View either this week or last and he seemed coked up 4real. He fell off.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Really, is anyone impressed with this guy's career since like 2000?

Primal Fear (1996) - fantastic.
The People vs Larry Flynt (1996) - great.
American History X (1998) - probably the role of his career.
Rounders (1998) - classic.
Fight Club (1999) - legendary.

Ever since then....trash.

Maybe....MAYBE you can give him The 25th Hour (2002). But really. Have you seen ANYONE fall off this hard?

:why:

a quick google search reveals he's worth $300M, which shocked the hell outta me. he hasn't been doing many blockbusters really either, so I didn't expect that at all.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I actually think he's still good.
I feel like they don't put him in the right movies though.

There was a period of time where they tried to make him into some summer blockbuster guy. And I think he does his best work with indie movies and character roles.

Like, let's say you give him the kind of roles that....Colin Farrell gets. Like, not necessarily a guy who has to be the main lead, but not entirely an overlooked guy like David Paymer.

I got it. You put Nicholas Cage in the movies that John Turturro gets...everyone will say he's a legend.
I get what you mean. That's exactly why I liked his role in kickass and even the spider noir character in into the spiderverse. He works well in little gem roles for his personality as long as he's not hogging up the spotlight.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
giphy.webp

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I always liked Norton. Very good actor and he also struck me as being brighter than the average movie star. I guess his career is a little disappointing in the sense that he was being primed to be what De Niro and Pacino were in the 70's and he didn't quite take off like that but he's still got classics. His best-post 90's movie is definitely 25th Hour like you mentioned but Birdman and Moonrise Kingdom were also good.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
He is selective in choosing his roles, explaining that, "You don't want to do anything just ... to work with somebody. There are many actors I would like to work with but it has to be the right role"
Due to his controversial opinions, Norton has earned a reputation for being difficult to work with.[2][3] Incidents include Norton's editing the final cut of American History X (1998), which is 40 minutes longer than director Tony Kaye's version;[35] conflicts with director Brett Ratner on the set of Red Dragon (2002);[63] refusing to promote The Italian Job (2003);[69] and uncredited rewriting of the screenplay for The Incredible Hulk (2008), which angered screenwriter Zak Penn.[90] The Los Angeles Times opined that these incidents led to Norton's image as a "prickly perfectionist", which diminishes his reputation.

He did it to himself....once you get the rep of being "too hard to work with" them producers gonna be like "see if Jake Gyllenhal, Matt Damon or somebody else is avaible".