mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Not for nothin, it was also the Source's album of the year. :whistle:
:salute:I tried to post the photo but it wouldn't work. :shaq2:
If you remember that, then you also remember who wrote it- Star and Buc Wild's monthly column where they dissed and clowned A LOT of muhfukkas, cause that's what Star does. But I guess it's OK if he disses Heather B's video for being a piece of shyt or Parrish Smith for makin' a solo album (just two of MANY examples)... but Quik and Eiht off-limits, eh?
@bigbadbossup2012 you just left out the part about quik and eiht being dissed by Star and Buc? :sas1:
I'm sure it was an accident :sas2:
@DANJ! got his foot on your neck on this Source shyt breh :pacspit:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ur only supposed to play ur regions music

:what:
:mjlol:

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is a consensus G.O.A.T. contender and the greatest Wu solo a great album from beats, concepts, skits and rhymes get the fukk outta here.

yea, in the eyes of '90s east-centric rap fans.

its not even a consensus top 10.

Wasn't that the Benzino era? If not, when did the Zino era end?

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm getting at. I'm saying that your tournament is credible b/c Wu won. It's a joke.
And as far as the rigging - it was a whole different ballgame. Don't make me pull up all relevant posts from the Mobb/Wu thread and the EPMD/Bone thread.

Redman, EPMD, BDP, Enter the Wu
What else? And which ones do you disagree with? Other than EPMD - I think you said that album didn't deserve 4.5.

well, benzino was there darn near the whole time, so there really is no such thing as a benzino era. but i was referring to like the late '90s thru the eminem beef.

what "relevant" posts are there to pull? the only difference is that he carries more rank than you.

nah. im comparing made men to albums that got high ratings from THEIR era.

FiveShoTz

(Bernie Mac Voice)
Daps
Reppin
NY+NJ
ALL These reviews prove there was no bias

Just because u think a album shouldv got 4 mics or 5 mics and it didnt dont mean the source is bias

means ur ear 4 music is garbo

Like the dudes in the thread that said doggy stle is top 5 ever and pice 1 album was better than ob4cL

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
its not even a consensus top 10.
Theres a consensus top ten? :ohhh:
What is it? And is the Infamous #1?
well, benzino was there darn near the whole time, so there really is no such thing as a benzino era. but i was referring to like the late '90s thru the eminem beef.
The Eminem beef went on for years and 2005 was definitely still the Benzino era.

The Source staff's objections to Mays and Benzino
In 2005, after Kimberly Osorio had been unlawfully fired, Mays and Benzino appointed Joshua "Fahiym" Ratcliffe to the E.I.C. post at the publication. That same year, however, he abruptly resigned after he was ordered to lower the rating of Little Brother's The Minstrel Show from four-and-a-half to four. Lil' Kim's release, The Naked Truth, received the five mic rating instead. Although critics speculated that Lil' Kim's manager was dating Dave Mays, this was the first time that a female rapper ever received the highest rating in the magazine.[5] In 2006, Benzino formally announced that he was resigning as chief operations officer and co-owner of The Source," stating that his battle with Eminem and the magazine's publishers were hurting the revenue of The Source." But a few days later, Benzino announced that he had returned to The Source as co-owner. Industry insiders believed that The Source had staged a fake event in order to encourage advertisers to invest in the controversial magazine. The rapper refuted his claims about saving The Source, and instead blamedInterscope's chairman Jimmy Iovine. Benzino believed that Iovine was pressuring to fire rap mogul L.A. Reid if he didn't have Def Jam advertising removed from The Source. The reason why Benzino stepped down was to save Reid's position as president of Island Def Jam, or so he claimed. Benzino then went on radio denouncing Def Jam's founder Russell Simmons for not participating in his smear campaign to expose Eminem. He had used racial comments about Simmons in the past, forcing Def Jam to pull a vast majority of their ads from The Source. Later that year, Benzino and David Mays were forced out of The Source by its private-equity investors Black Enterprise / Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Partners.
nah. im comparing made men to albums that got high ratings from THEIR e
So 99?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is by far the best rap group album no doubt

ovrl top 10 top 15

well i see you agree that its not a consenus top 10 album, so no need to argue with you.

but raekwon is a group?? who are the members?

:lupe:

Every time they rank hip hop albums that's in the top 10

who are THEY?

let magazines dictate hip-hop to you brehs.

:beli:
Theres a consensus top ten? :ohhh:
What is it? And is the Infamous #1?

The Eminem beef went on for years and 2005 was definitely still the Benzino era.

The Source staff's objections to Mays and Benzino
In 2005, after Kimberly Osorio had been unlawfully fired, Mays and Benzino appointed Joshua "Fahiym" Ratcliffe to the E.I.C. post at the publication. That same year, however, he abruptly resigned after he was ordered to lower the rating of Little Brother's The Minstrel Show from four-and-a-half to four. Lil' Kim's release, The Naked Truth, received the five mic rating instead. Although critics speculated that Lil' Kim's manager was dating Dave Mays, this was the first time that a female rapper ever received the highest rating in the magazine.[5] In 2006, Benzino formally announced that he was resigning as chief operations officer and co-owner of The Source," stating that his battle with Eminem and the magazine's publishers were hurting the revenue of The Source." But a few days later, Benzino announced that he had returned to The Source as co-owner. Industry insiders believed that The Source had staged a fake event in order to encourage advertisers to invest in the controversial magazine. The rapper refuted his claims about saving The Source, and instead blamedInterscope's chairman Jimmy Iovine. Benzino believed that Iovine was pressuring to fire rap mogul L.A. Reid if he didn't have Def Jam advertising removed from The Source. The reason why Benzino stepped down was to save Reid's position as president of Island Def Jam, or so he claimed. Benzino then went on radio denouncing Def Jam's founder Russell Simmons for not participating in his smear campaign to expose Eminem. He had used racial comments about Simmons in the past, forcing Def Jam to pull a vast majority of their ads from The Source. Later that year, Benzino and David Mays were forced out of The Source by its private-equity investors Black Enterprise / Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Partners.

So 99?

so let me get this str8. when somebody calls an album you like a consensus top 10 album, you dap it.......but when someone points out that its not, you get funny and ask sarcastic questions like "theres a consensus top 10?:smh:

well by that logic, the benzino era goes as far bas as the mid-90s(or earlier) that yall cherish.

and yea, i like what im reading in this article. MUCH RESPECT to benzino. only thing i cant rock with is the lil kim thing, but thats on dave.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You were the one that said it wasn't a consensus top 10. Who else ranks albums other than magazines and websites?

who else ranks albums?

gee i dont know.........rap fans?:whistle:

magazines & websites dont represent the people. they represent themselves and a certain demographic.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Lmao at OB4Cl being top three or five or ten. shyt ain't even top 20 nikkas need to expand their music catalog