EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
BTW @Wacky D... are you seriously still harping on this "if they were from the East Coast..." shyt all these pages later? So EPMD and Tribe get passes for "not being lyrical" whereas others from elsewhere don't?

Too Short has never been in a greatest MC discussion... he got his props.

DJ Quik was never considered that great an MC... he got his props.

And even tho' I do feel Snoop was one of the dopest in his heyday, you think a nikka could get away with "poppin', stoppin', hoppin' like a rabbit" today or even then if his delivery wasn't so slick? I know he "only" got 4, but if you were actually up on the Source at the time and not just reading old reviews now, they hailed this nikka like he was the second coming, just as much if not more than they did Nas. Hoppin' like a rabbit, my g.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Tribe had countless lines

"Lyrically Im Mario Andretti on the momo"
"Bust off on your couch now you got Siemens furniture"
"Bust a nut inside ya eye and show you where I cum from"
"Im Michael Jordan on the mic, wanna gamble?"
"Poetry machine with correct mechanisms immune to disease I defeat organisms"
"If knowledge is the key than just show me the lock"

That's just a few. They used to beast on the mic

i already said phife was nice. but i also said that he wasnt a top-tier lyricist.

q-tip was average on the mic. he had his moments with the bars tho.

my point still stands.

He Never Got any bad reviews on RTD

or LAD

LAD Might be the most influential album ever

or maybe the chronic

:what:

whos talking about reviews?

I dont know what the hell u are talking about.

In 1991 , a year that had many east coast classics, NWA and Cube had top 5 best albums that year....

no. i dont know what the hell YOU are talking about.

because your response has nothing to do with my quote.

:scusthov:

:comeon:

Wacky, you a wild nikka, boy...

Tip and Phife (as well as Erick & Parrish) were fukkin' dope. It doesn't matter that they weren't flippin' the world upside down lyrically... you think anyone has ever said "Bonita Applebum" needed to be more metaphorical or complex? They made albums that resonated for years influence-wise... simple as that.

Far as the LAD part... hey, to each his own. But to me, it speaks more to BIG's greatness that half the rap game spent the next 5-6 years tryin' to recreate that album and pretty much all them nikkas failed to pull it off. It wasn't the first album where a rapper tried to show that they could do it all, but it's def. a shining example of that. It's good because BIG proved he could, but bad because other nikkas tried unsuccessfully to do the same... but that's not really a strike against the album, it's more so a strike against the rappers who couldn't do it. That mark they hit on LAD (minus the couple joints that coulda been left off) was a hard act to follow. Anybody sayin' today that it wasn't is tryin' to rewrite history.

THE BOTTOM LINE is that groups from other regions that 'arent turning the world upside down' lyrically are historically either downplayed or downright dismissed.

would all these rappers try to duplicate LAD if biggie had lived and been criticized for LAD?

BTW @Wacky D... are you seriously still harping on this "if they were from the East Coast..." shyt all these pages later? So EPMD and Tribe get passes for "not being lyrical" whereas others from elsewhere don't?

Too Short has never been in a greatest MC discussion... he got his props.

DJ Quik was never considered that great an MC... he got his props.

And even tho' I do feel Snoop was one of the dopest in his heyday, you think a nikka could get away with "poppin', stoppin', hoppin' like a rabbit" today or even then if his delivery wasn't so slick? I know he "only" got 4, but if you were actually up on the Source at the time and not just reading old reviews now, they hailed this nikka like he was the second coming, just as much if not more than they did Nas. Hoppin' like a rabbit, my g.

those artists got what props? dj quik's debut got 3 mics.

i was indeed up on the source when doggystyle dropped. i dont care how they hailed snoop. we're talking about mics. the bottom line is that an all-time top 4 album got 4 mics.

i deal with the bottom line. you can go beat the around the bushes over there.

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Lmao im done, nikka said doggystyle is top 4 ever

aw man , these dudes are delusional im over here crying man

aint never heard a nikka say sum shyt like that b4

not even a snoop fan :laff:

That shyt wouldnt even be top 2 in the 2010s

MBDF, GKMC> Doggystyle

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

MBDF, GKMC> Doggystyle

dog, you done exposed yourself thru the last 5 pages.

youre in no position to even attempt to clown anybody.

hiphip

Pro
Daps

MBDF, GKMC> Doggystyle

agree

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
really

so u wanna do a top 5 album poll right now and see how many put doggystyle in there top 5 then ? LMAO

Wanna make a account bet on it?

looking at most of the thread titles on the 1st page, i could care less what a top 5 poll looks like on here right about now. and it would most likely still have doggystyle up there anyway.

i dont even know what an account bet is.

youre too caught up in the internet & magazines.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

MBDF, GKMC> Doggystyle
You fuc boys done lost ya'll minds

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
dog, you done exposed yourself thru the last 5 pages.

youre in no position to even attempt to clown anybody.
Wacky,I feel sorry for you. You're fighting a battle you seemingly cant win,NONE OF THESE nikkas really want the truth. They just want to reaffirm their BS beliefs. I'm not perfect (so i might get pulled into future arguments) but part of me feels like fukk arguing wit these sucka nikkas. The truth is east coast bias mags and fans treat the rest of hiphop the same way white supremacy treats all minorities. They wanna dodge the truth and pretend. Deny deny deny at all cost. Amplify what they love and minimize what they dont love,while avoiding reality in the process. Dougie fresh will never be called out for his avg mic skills,he'll forever be applauded. NO one disrespects him for his short comings. Meanwhile Mc hammer (a much greater "world's greatest entertainer") will be disrespected for his lack of "great lyrics",while people ignore his showmanship,dancing and overall, performing abilities.

People praise illmatic's beats and raps. Ignoring the fact that it has mostly boring forgettable melodies and forgettable performances by nas. Nas is basically rhyming just as aimlessly on illmatic as snoop was on Doggystyle. But nikkas act like he was doing some high end level of mc'ing that was unheard of. And hide their bias behind calling illmatic real hiphop. Doggystyle shyts on illmatic and seeing people act like it's the other way around is laughable.
Performances,production song structure,concepts etc

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
looking at most of the thread titles on the 1st page, i could care less what a top 5 poll looks like on here right about now. and it would most likely still have doggystyle up there anyway.

i dont even know what an account bet is.

youre too caught up in the internet & magazines.

no1 would have doggystyle up there in a top 5 album list .. not even top 10

doggystyle was good it was a classic.. it stops there

GRODT>DOGGYSTYLE

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Wacky,I feel sorry for you. You're fighting a battle you seemingly cant win,NONE OF THESE nikkas really want the truth. They just want to reaffirm their BS beliefs. I'm not perfect (so i might get pulled into future arguments) but part of me feels like fukk arguing wit these sucka nikkas. The truth is east coast bias mags and fans treat the rest of hiphop the same way white supremacy treats all minorities. They wanna dodge the truth and pretend. Deny deny deny at all cost. Amplify what they love and minimize what they dont love,while avoiding reality in the process. Dougie fresh will never be called out for his avg mic skills,he'll forever be applauded. NO one disrespects him for his short comings. Meanwhile Mc hammer (a much greater "world's greatest entertainer") will be disrespected for his lack of "great lyrics",while people ignore his showmanship,dancing and overall, performing abilities.

People praise illmatic's beats and raps. Ignoring the fact that it has mostly boring forgettable melodies and forgettable performances by nas. Nas is basically rhyming just as aimlessly on illmatic as snoop was on Doggystyle. But nikkas act like he was doing some high end level of mc'ing that was unheard of. And hide their bias behind calling illmatic real hiphop. Doggystyle shyts on illmatic and seeing people act like it's the other way around is laughable.
Performances,production song structure,concepts etc

lol at dougie fresh , dougie fresh is known 4 beat boxing not rapping, hes the greatest beat boxer ever along wit biz

And dougie had no shortcomings

MC Hammer was soulja boy b4 soulja boy and he was a rapper

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Wacky,I feel sorry for you. You're fighting a battle you seemingly cant win,NONE OF THESE nikkas really want the truth. They just want to reaffirm their BS beliefs. I'm not perfect (so i might get pulled into future arguments) but part of me feels like fukk arguing wit these sucka nikkas. The truth is east coast bias mags and fans treat the rest of hiphop the same way white supremacy treats all minorities. They wanna dodge the truth and pretend. Deny deny deny at all cost. Amplify what they love and minimize what they dont love,while avoiding reality in the process.

:blessed:

im glad somebody else sees whats going on here.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like both GKMC and MBDTF, but in comparison to Doggystyle, both those albums are boring. Snoop's flow and delivery on Doggystyle are pretty much flawless. Same goes for the production. He wasn't exactly an incredible lyricist on Doggystyle, but it's the only legitimate knock against that album.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjpls: at @Wacky D and @bigbadbossup2012 for all that...

the same way y'all sayin' nikkas are in denial and holdin' on to their belief at any cost... what do y'all call it when nikkas post clear examples that most QUALITY records from the West and South got good ratings, and even some that IMO are weak but others feel differently... and y'all still say "naw son, bias son, its a consipracy son, well nah it wasn't biased like i thought but... naw fukk that it was bias son"... cause that's what's happenin' here... and it's funny to me, cause Wacky'll talk this bias shyt but yet find a way to defend Benzino's decision to have his own group get an undeserved high rating. That's bias if there ever was one, but to you, that's when the Source got realer. When Benzino had his own group get a higher rating than your beloved Doggystyle did.:russ:

I'm not even capin' for the Source honestly, I'm more so capin' against how everybody not from the East is always on crybaby mode about being wronged, when most East Coast publications and radio has always fukked with quality music from other states. Now if you wanna talk mixtape DJs nshyt, sure. Pro-NY like crazy. New York regular dudes who swear by all things NY? Sure. But basing this magazine having an "agenda" because of one specific underrating of a classic (which BTW is one of many, because there's no real way to predict what people will still love in 20 years) is comedy.

Last edited: