EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
GRODT got 4 mics in the source.

lol @ XXL. just shameful. but we already know why the internet doesnt call them out for their cooonery.:mjpls:

i'll put it to you like this:

LAD was the 1st big east coast pandering album(maybe the 1st one period). the 1st album where the artist went out of their way to put on a variety show. a joint for every coast, party joints, girl records, etc etc.

its definitely one of the most influential albums, but that doesnt neccessarily reflect its quality. to keep it funky, biggie wouldve caught a ton of criticism if he was alive when he dropped this album. instead, it became an overrated album and people followed suit, trying to duplicate its success. alot of rappers ended up under-achieving and/or wasted their careers because of this. its pretty much one of the downfalls of the east coast..

Big wouldnt have caught any criticism, its a classic that still gets bitten off till this day

Definitely a all time great album , cant think of a album with more quotables than that

aeom wasnt that great of a album at all till he died of course ,pacs next 1(makaveli) was way better

and music in general has had a downfall(thanx to the south) not just the east

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
You have made one ridiculous statement after the next. Your basically talking in circles. Im surprised your fingers aren't in knots right now. You were the first one talkin bout RTD had a west coast influence and LAD was straight east coast. I thought NY nikkas don't talk like that

:mjpls:
RTD Was west influenced cuz of the production, and theres nothing wrong with that, His lyrics were eastcoast gritty shyt tho

biggie on lad had more eastcoast production and of course his lyrics n content were eastcoast

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
RTD Was west influenced cuz of the production, and theres nothing wrong with that, His lyrics were eastcoast gritty shyt tho

biggie on lad had more eastcoast production and of course his lyrics n content were eastcoast

Your right theres definitely nothing wrong with west coast influence but if you look at some of the producers on RTD there was absolutely no west coast influence at all. Primo, Lord Finesse, Easy Mo Bee in 94 it doesn't get more east coast. I don't know your age but if you remember RTD was one of those albums that was credited with bring the east back

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
totally agree wth LAD being given immunity b/c of Big's death. Album was 4-4.5er but people wanted to deem it classic due to his death and only having two albums.
I used to say back in 97 LAD was overrated. It basically had classic status before it even dropped cuz of his death. I definitely think its a 4 but RTD was better and more cohesive. You could tell with LAD they were trying to reach a bigger audience and quiet any talk that they had problems with the west. But it was that album that led right to the shiny suit era in hip hop. RTD came out in a much grimier year but you could see the transition coming with everybody started getting on that Mafioso shyt and Cuban Linx dropping and all the Wu aliases, Nas Escobar, etc. Plus you had the beef with Death Row so combine all that shyt I could see what Big and puff were trying to do with LAD but it seems like they were trying too hard

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
EPMD wasn't the best lyrically ill give you that but Tribe definitely was

tribe wasnt either. they had a basic game. andre miller.

phife was nice but he wasnt a top level lyricist. q-tip was average with the bars.

Big wouldnt have caught any criticism, its a classic that still gets bitten off till this day
Definitely a all time great album , cant think of a album with more quotables than that
aeom wasnt that great of a album at all till he died of course ,pacs next 1(makaveli) was way better
and music in general has had a downfall(thanx to the south) not just the east

why wouldnt big catch any criticism? he caught a bunch of flack for RTD.

and this album was alot more commercial. it was the first of bad boy's shiny suit run. he wouldve been criticized just like the rest of em. he was only exempt because he died.

I used to say back in 97 LAD was overrated. It basically had classic status before it even dropped cuz of his death. I definitely think its a 4 but RTD was better and more cohesive. You could tell with LAD they were trying to reach a bigger audience and quiet any talk that they had problems with the west. But it was that album that led right to the shiny suit era in hip hop. RTD came out in a much grimier year but you could see the transition coming with everybody started getting on that Mafioso shyt and Cuban Linx dropping and all the Wu aliases, Nas Escobar, etc. Plus you had the beef with Death Row so combine all that shyt I could see what Big and puff were trying to do with LAD but it seems like they were trying too hard

yea. i always said this album was overrated too. and i still want my money back.

and i also always say that they drilled it in our heads that this album was goat status before it was even released. i remember the way the radio was carrying on leading up to its release. it was so corny.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
tribe wasnt either. they had a basic game. andre miller.

phife was nice but he wasnt a top level lyricist. q-tip was average with the bars.

Tribe had countless lines

"Lyrically Im Mario Andretti on the momo"
"Bust off on your couch now you got Siemens furniture"
"Bust a nut inside ya eye and show you where I cum from"
"Im Michael Jordan on the mic, wanna gamble?"
"Poetry machine with correct mechanisms immune to disease I defeat organisms"
"If knowledge is the key than just show me the lock"

That's just a few. They used to beast on the mic

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Tribe had countless lines

"Lyrically Im Mario Andretti on the momo"
"Bust off on your couch now you got Siemens furniture"
"Bust a nut inside ya eye and show you where I cum from"
"Im Michael Jordan on the mic, wanna gamble?"
"Poetry machine with correct mechanisms immune to disease I defeat organisms"
"If knowledge is the key than just show me the lock"

That's just a few. They used to beast on the mic
07a0c08c11bd3f659426b186e0b4da36.446x700x1.jpg

They shytted on Quik is the Name...
Source+March_April+1991+record+report2.jpg

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
why wouldnt big catch any criticism? he caught a bunch of flack for RTD.

and this album was alot more commercial. it was the first of bad boy's shiny suit run. he wouldve been criticized just like the rest of em. he was only exempt because he died..

He Never Got any bad reviews on RTD

or LAD

LAD Might be the most influential album ever

or maybe the chronic

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
He Never Got any bad reviews on RTD

or LAD

LAD Might be the most influential album ever

or maybe the chronic
The Chronic yes as far as east coast albums Cuban Linx prolly had more influen
Either way LAD Is top 3-4 most influential

Cant be one of the most influential albums if it aint all time great material

Prodigy has the most sampled voice in hip hop but do you think he's top 3-4 all time?

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
The Chronic yes as far as east coast albums Cuban Linx prolly had more influen

Prodigy has the most sampled voice in hip hop but do you think he's top 3-4 all time?

jayz or pac is prolly the most sampled voice

and actually prodigy at the peak of his prime was a top 5 top 10 rapper ever

but He fell off tho

Then this happened