EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
So lemme get this right...

Since your from NY you can say something wrong and its ok cuz your from NY:patrice:

But if I say something right its still wrong cuz Im from Baltimore :patrice:

NEVER Sed it would b wrong or right

just said a person from ny is more qualified

Peyton manning is more qualified to tell how to b a qb in the nfl than Lebron james
and vice versa

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
these south n west nikkaz are sumtin else

think they know eastcoast politics wen they dk shyt

u never see a eastcoast ngga saying whether a west album sounds like west shyt

or if a south album sound like south shyt

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
these south n west nikkaz are sumtin else

think they know eastcoast politics wen they dk shyt

u never see a eastcoast ngga saying whether a west album sounds like west shyt

or if a south album sound like south shyt
You have made one ridiculous statement after the next. Your basically talking in circles. Im surprised your fingers aren't in knots right now. You were the first one talkin bout RTD had a west coast influence and LAD was straight east coast. I thought NY nikkas don't talk like that

:mjpls:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's what I'm saying though, doesn't that itself indicate a bias? They wouldn't have said that in reverse. True, I don't have it as a 5 either, but at least a 4. If you listen to (speaking generally cause I know you have) the content of the album he says a lot of West Coast shyt and even speaks about the bias. I think there was a distaste for Ras there due to that. Would be interesting to see the actual review, hopefully they at least gave it big props lyrically. Mm, I'm just not sure they would have rated an East Coast artist with that level of lyrical acumen 3.

Canibus was pretty high in lyrical acumen in '98. By many, was seen as the next legendary MC that was bringing battle-ready rhymes back to the forefront in a generation of shiny suits and street shyt... incredible lyricist that was killing it on every appearance he made.

Then the album dropped...

3 mics. And not only 3 mics, but the review itself slammed the album hard.

And the review of Ras' album was fair, but it did say the same thing everybody says... those beats weren't on the level.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Canibus was pretty high in lyrical acumen in '98. By many, was seen as the next legendary MC that was bringing battle-ready rhymes back to the forefront in a generation of shiny suits and street shyt... incredible lyricist that was killing it on every appearance he made.

3 mics. And not only 3 mics, but the review itself slammed the album hard.

That's a good example. The beats on that album were pretty wack.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
That was a great album. But not better than Hell on Earth or IWW (which also weren't on the list). Or AEOM.

Well they but another Quik album on there that should be replaced. And :mjlol: @ The Roots - Do you Want More? being on the list

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
couldn't find a source review for GRODT. Don't think it was reviewed. Apparently it got a XXL from XXL.
@aboss4real24

GRODT got 4 mics in the source.

lol @ XXL. just shameful. but we already know why the internet doesnt call them out for their cooonery.:mjpls:

just because u have a rapper from another coast on ya album dont mean ya album isnt hometown region based

pac had east nikkas on aeom, still was a westcoast album

i'll put it to you like this:

LAD was the 1st big east coast pandering album(maybe the 1st one period). the 1st album where the artist went out of their way to put on a variety show. a joint for every coast, party joints, girl records, etc etc.

its definitely one of the most influential albums, but that doesnt neccessarily reflect its quality. to keep it funky, biggie wouldve caught a ton of criticism if he was alive when he dropped this album. instead, it became an overrated album and people followed suit, trying to duplicate its success. alot of rappers ended up under-achieving and/or wasted their careers because of this. its pretty much one of the downfalls of the east coast.

:ehh:

@Wacky D ... you can say them reviews mean nothing... but you see it for yourself. It's right there in front of you. You talkin' about one rating for one album cause there's really not any others that are so off-point that you can use them for your bias argument. So Snoop was supposed to have immunity?

:usure:

you know darn well i mentioned way more than just one album. dont tag me if youre not gonna come correct.

and it doesnt matter which cube album you think is better. the bottom line is that both albums are clearly classics.

The Naked Truth rating came in 2005 when no one paid attention to the Source (with the exception of @Wacky D who thinks it was their heyday :russ:). They had no credibility at that time.

:stopitslime:I would never :troll:about the GOAT tournament. The credibility of your tournament was just :wow:. So when Wu won the whole thing (in spite of multiple attempts to fix it) - it was official that Wu was the best on the Coli.

What do you mean it was shakey on site? You aren't talking about the reaction to it are you? You were at best turning 5.

All those albums are undisputed classics.
Pete and Diamond were two of the hottest producers in 92. Their debut albums both got the same score that Too $hort and Quik got for their 92 albums. :ohhh:
You saying Shorty the Pimp and Way to Fonkay are classics of the same magnitude as the Pete & CL and Diamond D albums?
MM is a whole other story...
The point is...all three of those albums have an argument for getting 5 mics. So does Snoop :yeshrug:

:rudy:

another one. im gonna tell you like i just told him. if youre gonna tag me, make sure you come correct. i never said that about the source in 2005.

and that whole "the credibility of your tournament" chit is wack dog. if you have a problem with what a poster(s) did in the tournament, then you take it up with them. dont diss me and my tournament. that chit is corny. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT YOU WERE THE FIRST ONE TO DO THE STUFF THAT YOURE COMPLAINING ABOUT. youre in no position to call anybody out about tagging people anyway.

i know plenty of epmd fans man.:comeon: the 3rd album is usually seen as the weakest from their heyday.

pete rock & diamond d were considered the hottest producers, not hottest rappers. so i dont see how that helps your case. and i dont know much about those too short & dj quik albums so no comment there.

no disrespect to diamond d, pete rock & cl smooth, but since when are those albums held in the same regard as doggystyle? cmon man. yall are full of it. yall know exactly what im saying in here, but yall keep playing these corny diversion games.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It was definitely slick talk...but it doesn't necessarily indicate bias.

yes it does.

and there were numerous instances of this type of talk in their reviews. just look at the 1st outkast review. it explains why theyre so enamored with them dudes as well. all in one whop.

Not necessarily. Obviously, a little hometown bias is probably inescapable for the writers from NY...but if it didn't affect the ratings and coverage...who cares?

it definitely did affect the ratings & rankings.

definitely.

If Im not mistaken Warren G got 4 mics and he definitely was no lyricist

are we supposed to hand the source a cookie?

anything less than a 4 for that album would be ridiculous.