EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
the pic in the 1st post wasnt there originally.

OP accidentally left makaveli off the list he typed.

youre right. i just peeped how they had 3rd bass listed under the Ts.

also, when you posted the pic, i noticed that they had makaveli up there. you mustve skipped over it when you typed it out. lol. you caused a ruckus.

with that said, pac has 2 albums up here. not mad that he didnt get 3, altho they prolly only kept AEOM off because biggie only had 2 on the list.

ehh. in fairness, all coasts seem to do the same thing. youre kinda doing it here.

i was rockin with this post until you tried to put dogg food in the same sentence as reasonable doubt.

dogg food is great but its not on that reasonable doubt level.
Yeah - I went back and edited the original post.
I didn't type out the list. I cut and pasted from here:
http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/source.htm
Of all the albums for them to miss, they missed a Pac album :pachaha:
I can't think of an album to miss that would have caused more ruckus. Later on I'm gonna go back through the thread and tag everyone who bugged out cause Pac only had one album. In my opinion, they picked the right two albums (although they should have had AEOM as well). Seems to me that Makaveli would have got 4.5 if they would have rated it (I think that's what Illadelph got).

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Looking at the picture, Pauls Boutique isn't on there. :ohhh:

:stopitslime:Cypress Hill Black Sunday isn't on the picture either.

looks like the rock website tampered with the list.

and it makes sense cuz those albums are probably more legendary with the rock crowd than the rap crowd. especially that beasties joint.

edit: i dont recall a digable planets album being considered groundbreaking or legendary by anybody either.

Last edited:

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
The most "influential albu" of them all is unquestionably Boogie Down Productions-Criminal Minded
At the time no one at the time was rapping like this or had such hard hitting beats and lyrics

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Get ready for all the "where's sih and such album" that didn't come out til 5 years after the fukkin lost was made because people don't fukkin read properly. I remember buying this issue tho LL on the cover holding 5 gold mics

oh they ALREADY started.

Tribe's first album is amazing.
De La's I've never been crazy about - but I should give it another shot.
Never heard a Beastie Boys album.

I see EPMD's classics getting their just due though :obama:

tribe's 1st album sucks. i hated most of the native tongue stuff back then. thought they were kinda gay.

i appreciate it more now, but some things will always be wack. like tribe's 1st album. this was the era when the west coast took over for a reason.:beli:

dont sleep on the beastie boys's debut. "licensed to ill" is in my top 25. arguably top 20. everything after that is to the bushes tho. theyre like the snoop doggy dogg of rap groups imo.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Honestly as a die hard Mobb fan I feel "Hell on Earth and Murda Muzik" can be Classics but if I had a gun to my head, I'd say "Infamous" is still their only true Classic top to bottom. It's a perfect album. Yes The Source was hating on Pac. "All Eyes On Me" should of been listed with "Me Against the World". If Biggie had 2 than Pac should of had 2.

The logic of this is just dumb as hell.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Show us the Rap Pages list so we can compare bias then..

dont waste your time breh.

that bul prolly never even heard of rap pages.

wow. that reply button actually works.

thats when it was corny. the source was better when benzino got into control and started phasing alot of the nerds out of the office.

The logic of this is just dumb as hell.

yep.

but that seems to be the logic that was used. i'd bet good money.

you know they want big to be seen on the same level as pac.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Comparing HOE and IWW is wrong. HOE was only slightly worse than Infamous and to a lot of people it was just as good or better than infamous, not me however. HOE wasnt a change of direction or style, infact it can be coined one of the most original albums of alltime. You will never hear an album with that production ever. While IWW was dope to me, it was basically a different mc on that album. By 98, HOE was a classic, shyt that shyt was classic from the first day it dropped. IWW needed time, HOE didnt. And overall, its a much better album.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
3 ll cool j albums but just 1 PAC album?? The blatant east coast bias in the writing staff was just :scust: pretty much explains y the xxl take over was so easy.. Much better well rounded mag.. All ways covered wat was hott no matter the artist location.. fukk this list link the xxl top 100 for real debate
There are two Pac albums. Me against the world and Makaveli

All Eyes is definitely on that list now

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:stopitslime:
Southernplayalistic was on the picture - but not on the list (I'm updating the OP as I catch the mistakes).
@Wacky D - thoughts? :mjpls:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:stopitslime:Three Times Dope - Original Stylin' was on the picture but left off the list.
That's all the mistakes. OP is edited and now matches the picture.
:salute:
@spencerforhire for posting the pic and setting the record straight.
Let's all rep and dap him.