Ebro calls out black hispanics and non-african American blacks

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Did you know that legally there were NO Black Dominicans in DR for decades?

The dictator Trujillo, created school curricula that taught the country that the darker DRs descended from the native people who were on the island before the Spanish arrived. He issued national ID cards with NO Black racial category.....darker Dominicans were classified as Indio. The only Blacks legally were the Haitians there.
Guy was in charge for decades so perhaps several generations of DRs were taught this.

Ask your parents or grands..they'll tell you.

So you can imagine how American racial reality hit them having been taught that and coming here.
The funny thing about this is that it sort of had the same “stigmatizing” result in DR and many other Latin American places.

One of the big insulting things you can call a Hispanic is “Indio”. Men mock women, women mock each other, etc,. Being “Indio” is synonymous with poverty and disenfranchisement.

I don’t know about this dictator, but I do know about the whole “Indio” thing in Latin America. Many Hispanics hate Africans and Native Indians because of it

Last edited:

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
Did you know that legally there were NO Black Dominicans in DR for decades?

The dictator Trujillo, created school curricula that taught the country that the darker DRs descended from the native people who were on the island before the Spanish arrived. He issued national ID cards with NO Black racial category.....darker Dominicans were classified as Indio. The only Blacks legally were the Haitians there.
Guy was in charge for decades so perhaps several generations of DRs were taught this.

Ask your parents or grands..they'll tell you.

So you can imagine how American racial reality hit them having been taught that and coming here.
I'll ask my mother and father about but they can't really speak on a lot of stuff cause they grew up on a farm in the mountains they lived cut off from rest of society there

I just know about what mother told me when she came to corona queens in 68 a majority black neighboorhood At that time

Said the schools were segregated between white black and Spanish and that the black Dominicans and Puerto Rican's were put with the other white Dominicans and Puerto Rican's

She would have to fight American black kids just to play at the park and couldn't be by herself cause they would try to jump her or and rob her and cut her hair

the only people that would defend her and back her up was other Spanish kids white and black

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
The funny thing about this is that it sort of had the same “stigmatizing” result im DR and many other Latin American places.

One of the big insulting things you can call a Hispanic is “Indio”. Men mock women, women mock each other, etc,. Being “Indio” is synonymous with poverty and disenfranchisement.

I don’t know about this dictator, but I do know about the whole “Indio” thing in Latin America. Many Hispanics hate Africans and Native Indians because of it

Indio is a cop out for black in DR. Trujjillo = Jim Crow esque brainwashing for generations so that explains dudes in my family dark as midnight denying not just being black as in black American but African in general the delusion is real

Being called Indio is an insult in countries like mexico moreso

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
I'll ask my mother and father about but they can't really speak on a lot of stuff cause they grew up on a farm in the mountains they lived cut off from rest of society there

I just know about what mother told me when she came to corona queens in 68 a majority black neighboorhood At that time

Said the schools were segregated between white black and Spanish and that the black Dominicans and Puerto Rican's were put with the other white Dominicans and Puerto Rican's

She would have to fight American black kids just to play at the park and couldn't be by herself cause they would try to jump her or and rob her and cut her hair

the only people that would defend her and back her up was other Spanish kids white and black

Yeah nobody talks about this either but immigrants are bashed alot when we first get here not just by whites but the AAs we move into their communities with. Ive seen the same with Haitains, Jamaicans, Africans , etc groups catching hell when they first come over and be teased/pushed away for being different. I dont think its racist per se
cuz the same thing has happened to AAs (moving into white neighhoods in LA for example) and pretty much all new/incoming groups catch it too. Ive had alot of Haitain friends who told me how they caught hell from AAs in Miami at first but Zoes didnt let that shyt happen for long lol its apart of American growing pains

Alot of mexicans are gettin the same treatment on the east coast from even other latinos till they get their numbers up

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
Yeah nobody talks about this either but immigrants are bashed alot when we first get here not just by whites but the AAs we move into their communities with. Ive seen the same with Haitains, Jamaicans, Africans , etc groups catching hell when they first come over and be teased/pushed away for being different. I dont think its racist per se
cuz the same thing has happened to AAs (moving into white neighhoods in LA for example) and pretty much all new/incoming groups catch it too. Ive had alot of Haitain friends who told me how they caught hell from AAs in Miami at first but Zoes didnt let that shyt happen for long lol its apart of American growing pains

Alot of mexicans are gettin the same treatment on the east coast from even other latinos till they get their numbers up
i feel you i just wanted to offer a different perspectivee on why i seen older generation dominicans not liking black people and not claiming black they still hold on to that hate from when they was younger and pass it on to they kids

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
The minute you start using internet postings as a reference point rather than the real world you already lost the argument ......

And like I said previously , I dont see African Americans living and earning a living abroad embracing the issues there ... no one seems to have an issue with it ..... and to be frank i dont have an issue with it either ..... I just dont like hypocrisy

:what: I don't care what blacks in other countries are doing. We're talking about AA and immigrants to the US getting that wake up call. If you can't understand how that shyt is irrelevant to the vid posted then your comprehension skills are lakn.

No minority group in the US (all while they were trying to become legally wyte) or black immigrant group (From the 60s on) has stood in solidarity with (in any significant number or period of consistency) AA to fight WS.

A small part was that their black azzes were legally limited for immigration, but still they weren't there. The Hatians are one of the few groups that recognized European fukery and they've been shytted on since.

You may not care about Col postings but that doesn't mean they don't include truth. If you want a full list of civil and human right struggles fought by black Americans then hit Google.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People need to stop thinking Ebro speaks for AAs when in fact this is a mixed person thing. I've seen MANY repeat MANY mixed race people do this online and offline. Sometimes passive but also a lot of times aggressively. They're usually the ones who want people to drop their culture or usually say "race doesn't exist."

Thank you! I see people saying "African Americans like Ebro" the fukk he don't speak for AAs when he was bar mitzvahd foh.

This is EXACTLY why im skeptical of mixed people but I'm constantly being called a m!litant for it...

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep his mum is Jewish. To be a Jew it has to passed through the mother's bloodline. He even went to Hebrew school.

Yes and no. You can also be jewish by converting. Those old school rules were changed as their numbers dwindled and they faced being wiped out.

Trust I personally know folks who have converted.