Ebro calls out black hispanics and non-african American blacks

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, like AAs dont go apeshyt when a person of dominican descent is successful in something where AAs are dominant claiming "not one of us".. Like with Cardi B or when Zoe Saldaña played an AA character in a movie claiming "she ain't one of us" or "she's not really black"..

dog, it's aframs who will tell you straight up that those people are "black" racially. You're getting the ethnical vs racial usage of "black" mixed up which is how the people you're referring to use it who also happen to be a minority in saying "those people aren't really black".

People of Color Who Never Felt They Were Black

Racial Label Surprises Many Latino Immigrants

At her small apartment near the National Cathedral in Northwest Washington, Maria Martins quietly watched as an African American friend
studied a picture of her mother. "Oh," the friend said, surprise in her voice. "Your mother is white."

She turned to Martins. "But you are black."

That came as news to Martins, a Brazilian who, for 30 years before immigrating to the United States, looked in the mirror and saw a morena
-- a woman with caramel-colored skin that is nearly equated with whiteness in Brazil and some other Latin American countries. "I didn't realize
I was black until I came here," she said.

That realization has come to hundreds of thousands of dark-complexioned immigrants to the United States from Brazil, Colombia, Panama
and other Latin nations with sizable populations of African descent. Although most do not identify themselves as black, they are seen that way
as soon as they set foot in North America.

Their reluctance to embrace this definition has left them feeling particularly isolated -- shunned by African Americans who believe they are
denying their blackness; by white Americans who profile them in stores or on highways; and by lighter-skinned Latinos whose images
dominate Spanish-language television all over the world, even though a majority of Latin people have some African or Indian ancestry.

The pressure to accept not only a new language and culture, but also a new racial identity, is a burden some darker-skinned Latinos say they
face every day.

"It's overwhelming," said Yvette Modestin, a dark-skinned native of Panama who works as an outreach coordinator in Boston. "There's not a
day that I don't have to explain myself."

People of Color Who Never Felt They Were Black

People like Miguel Nunez, Gina Torres and Laz Alonzo play as aframs all of the time and I've never heard a complaint.

But when it fits your political/social agenda, dominicans are all BLACK, even if said person has 70% european blood. And if someone dares to defy that logic, they are self hating c00ns.

means nothing considering you can be 80% euro and 20% afro and still look "black" and if the person in question looks like sammy sosa and think's he's not "black" or "negro," there is only one way to take it:patrice: