East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how am I deflecting when I responded to everything you said?

I didn't know you wanted me to search for that little ass price tag.

21.99 is still relatively cheap for a double cd.
and that wasn't even the going price when it came out and was really selling. youre not slick.

not to mention, this is a pointless argument anyway, and you always claim im a outkast hater, but youre the one constantly bringing them up.:laugh:

You're deflecting. You're bringing up BS that has nothing to do with anything. That's classic deflection.

$21.99 isn't cheap for a double cd. The list prices for Street's Disciple nor Blueprint 2 were that high and like most music, those were on sale when they first dropped too. They were regularly priced like a normal album.

Breh, you are an Outkast hater. Anybody familiar with you as a poster knows that. I've never made a Kast thread, but you have. I am not the one who out of the blue posted "Outkast had nothing to do with the rise of Atlanta" in an Andre 3000 vs. Jadakiss thread, but you did.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And "Pure Uncut" being a Rap City classic is subjective. It didn't put Eightball on no national level. They had bigger songs than "Pure Uncut" and if you asked anyone that wasn't a fan, but familiar with their music, "Pure Uncut" isn't a song that gets brought up.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m big enough to say it, a lot of the artists in the South don’t show their proper respect. Don’t act like you invented who you are and what you are. Like we showed our respect to Outkast, they opened so many doors, you could never get me to disrespect them and when talk about southern music you’re talking about Outkast.

***EXCLUSIVE*** INTERVIEW WITH LEGEND MR. SERV ON…TALKS ABOUT NO LIMIT, HIS NEW PROJECTS AND ARTISTS, MR MAGIC, HAVING A CHILD WITH AUTISM AND HAS A MESSAGE FOR MASTER P…

^^^ The above statement was made by Mr. Serv-On, a No Limit artist, and he emphasizes "we" meaning No Limit. So if No Limit was giving props and respect for opening doors for Southern music, how can one big up No Limit and at the same time diss and downplay Kast when you have No Limit giving them props. So why exactly is Outkast relevant to the discussion:

1) they blew up in the mid '90's at a time when Southern Hip Hop was pretty scarce outside of Miami bass and Scarface/Geto Boys

2) they blew up before No Limit and CMR and No Limit did not make strides towards Southern music until 1995 (a year after Kast blew up).

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
No Limit having an 80/20 split is what gave artists like Kane & Abel and Fiend enough promo to go Gold. Fiend didn't have that with Big Boy records.

Just because this is your thread doesn't mean you speak for somebody else especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

Whether or not "That Girl" made noise across the board wasn't even the point of that exchange. You made it a point that No Limit gave Suave their biggest hit, which is a lie. "Pure Uncut" wasn't bigger than "That Girl". And surely, "Pure Uncut" wasn't a hit across the board either.

You're in here arguing how No Limit blew the South up, but are talking about the Houston movement producing one-hit wonders, when No Limit acutally housed a bunch of no-hit wonders during their peak. And again, people were going on about how P was dumbing down Hip Hop. The industry wasn't trying to get rid of him. P, like anyone else in his position, had his haters.

Atlanta was the epicenter of The South's dominance. When ATL became dominant, the rest of The South followed. When Ludacris debuted, No Limit was no longer poppin' like that and CMR was not doing that well either. Trick's biggest album came out after No Limit and CMR had waned significantly in popularity as well. Both Trick and Luda were considerably more popular than anyone on No Limit or CMR at the time. What you think of Three Six doesn't change the fact that their biggest success was 2005.

You saying Outkast had nothing to do with Atlanta's rise is an insult fueled by your years of hatred towards them. Anybody that's been a part of Hip Hop, knows Outkast was significant in Atlanta's rise and even their biggest detractors would disagree with you. You don't speak for most Kast fans outside of the South, because you're not one of them. Your opinion is therefore null. And you can't be speaking about "riding tops" when you've spent the majority of this thread trying to convince posters that Silkk is dope after they adamantly had not interest in Silkk's music. And you're even contradicting yourself by riding for Silkk and saying the Source had to put Silkk on their cover because he was hotter than X (according to you). I guess the same Source had to put Eightball on the same cover, because he shared that same cover with Silkk on the fold out. "Bu, bu, but, you had to fold out the cover to see Eightball". Doesn't change the fact that he's on the cover.

And for the last time, Kast's double album wasn't sold for no $5:

Speakerboxxx.jpg

Most No Limit artists didn't have multiple albums. Most No Limit artists were C & D listers.

And again, you are still lost on the Cam & Ruff Ryders thing. This wasn't your argument to begin with.

stop acting like you didnt go out of ya way to prove @Wacky D wrong about the ten dollar kast album when you yourself posted the link to the advertisement that kasts album was sold at a price cut for MONTHS in all major retailers. I remember wacky and another head getting on you about this years ago and you still talking about it. Sheeit. I wasnt even a member yet i remember that shyt as a guest laughing

You posting pics pike that proved it wasnt that. No It aint ten no more. It was when it was selling records. And it was for a while. Most cds at the time got the cheap sell in the first couple weeks. Kasts shyt was on sale for months.

I mean breh. YOU posted the business article talking about it... you obviously didny read it like wacky said at the time. Idk what thread it is but im sure its a wacky d outkast thread.

Comedy.

And here we go. Double albums were 28 dollars in those days. The most you had to pay was 14 at kmart and 10-12 min elsewhere. 20% retailer buy in discount. The album was designed for this. Big pop hits to get it to sell like hotcakes.

That album was not $10 at every major chain. On Cue/Warehouse/Tower Records are major chains. This article proves you don't know what you're talking about. Some retailers had it for $10-$13.99 for the first three weeks. Best Buy is notorious for selling CD's far cheaper than what the list price is:

https://books.google.com/books?id=EBEEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA6&lpg=PA6&dq=outkast+speakerboxxx/love+below+cost+at+most+retailers&source=bl&ots=UjnFX_GsPA&sig=UbAU3QumQymDbhIS10wDwAoqtRY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjoj--LjKLVAhWKcz4KHcvuBTYQ6AEIZDAJ#v=onepage&q=outkast speakerboxxx/love below cost at most retailers&f=false

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop acting like you didnt go out of ya way to prove @Wacky D wrong about the ten dollar kast album when you yourself posted the link to the advertisement that kasts album was sold at a price cut for MONTHS in all major retailers. I remember wacky and another head getting on you about this years ago and you still talking about it. Sheeit. I wasnt even a member yet i remember that shyt as a guest laughing

You posting pics pike that proved it wasnt that. No It aint ten no more. It was when it was selling records. And it was for a while. Most cds at the time got the cheap sell in the first couple weeks. Kasts shyt was on sale for months.

I mean breh. YOU posted the business article talking about it... you obviously didny read it like wacky said at the time. Idk what thread it is but im sure its a wacky d outkast thread.

Comedy.

And here we go. Double albums were 28 dollars in those days. The most you had to pay was 14 at kmart and 10-12 min elsewhere. 20% retailer buy in discount. The album was designed for this. Big pop hits to get it to sell like hotcakes.

That's because he was STILL WRONG. The sale price was a part of a super Tuesday promotion due to many major releases occurring that day. IWhat's obvious is that you, @Wacky D and the "other head" didn't read it. If you did, you'd know that the CD still sold for more than $10 even with the discount and that it wasn't the only CD on sale that day. Still doesn't change the fact that it was purchased 5.5 million times.

Kast wasn't on sale for months. Double albums were not selling for $28 in those days. Jay's double nor Nas's double were that much. I copped Street's Disciple the 1st day from a Mom & Pop joint for no more than $16.99. The only double albums I remember paying over $20 for were Biggie and Pac's and those still weren't $28. It was closer to like $25-$26 which was still 6 years before Kast dropped a double. Albums were much more expensive in the 90's. A regularly priced CD would cost $15-$16.99. If you were lucky that it was a big release, you caught it on sale for $14.99.

Most importantly, I am the one posting facts and not lies and conjecture.

And keep it consistent because you don't see @Wacky D downplaying Master P's double album, which didn't cost as much as most doubles either. Yet, he's trying to prop Master P's 4X platinum Da Last Don up there with Jay's and X's 5X platinum albums knowing full well P's sold less with a double than they did with single albums.

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I never said my first love for music was r&b and I asked you to show me where youre getting that and other misquotes from, but you continuously change the subject, and go back to repeating the same bullchit, passing it off as truth. chit like that will get you killed in real life, but I see you aint cut like that anyway.

i already posted the link...
not me::: nikkaz on here - claimed you was an R&B dude not into Hip Hop till the late 90’s early 00’s

and what :dahell: do you mean thats what gets nikkaz killed & i aint cut for that

:mjlol:

nobody exposed my age. I made my age public knowledge myself dumbass. im 33 and ive been into this chit since the '80s. you up here trying to formulate some exposal like I aint been on this board for dam near 18 years and like my portfolio hasn't been an open book, all the way down to the blocks that I posted up on. MAN IF YOU DONT GET YOUR GEEK ASS THE F*CK OUTTA HERE and stop trying to derail the thread because it goes against your agenda.

:mindblown:
how da hell you been into this Hip Hop since the 80’s when you was born in 1985
:mjlol:

shyt like this is why i believe dem other nikkaz that called you out
*i mean... someone saying this fukkery has to have some type of mental problem
and i dont mean any disrepect - but you missed half of the decade & for a normal child it takes at least eight or nine years for one to be able to listen, learn, understand & overall comprehend what is going on all around them : so essentially that would be ‘93 / ‘94 for ya

don't tell me what I should be posting about. you don't know me.

you’re right I don’t know you nor do I care what I do know is.... that you’ve made several threads and posts about certain topics of the ‘00s being better than the ‘90s

I should go tell you to post about d*cks because you come off like a fakkit.

stick to making delusional comments like that bullchit chit at the bottom of your post. go jerk off to biggie smalls pics and call it a day:heh:

FaithfulVigilantHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

at the end of the day - this is what i mean
i never said anything remotely disrespectful toward you
i simply gave nikkaz fair warning of what thecoli thinks of your posting/views

BUT the fact that you’re 33 years old, calling posters fakkits & talking about jerking off to men and bringing up dikks and that type of fukk shyt .... is REALLY pathetic.... a grown azz man doesn't do shyt like that
:snoop:
so to put an end of all this....
take ALL this up with dem nikkaz & not me

————————————————

even with all i've said
i'm still willing to have an civil discussion about my statement of
from ‘94 to ‘98 that 5 year span (the east coast dominated) Hip Hop like no other

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I would argue with OP,because NY found its footing again by the late 90's.
They just had competetion from the south who also found equal footing in the late 90's.

no arguments there. we're in agreement.

im just talking about the early-mid '90s. im not saying it was curtains for the east or anything like that.

Hiphop is a battle of perspectives,personas and lifestyles.
In the early 90's the west coast simply had the better/cooler personas,fresher perspective and were living a more entertaining lifestyle.

most important thing is the beats.

the south has been on a lengthy run and they've had almost no influence on lifestyle, fashion, etc.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And "Pure Uncut" being a Rap City classic is subjective. It didn't put Eightball on no national level. They had bigger songs than "Pure Uncut" and if you asked anyone that wasn't a fan, but familiar with their music, "Pure Uncut" isn't a song that gets brought up.

you've already proven that you don't know what was poppin nationally and what wasn't.

and im not even saying all that. im just saying it was a popular rap city video, and was the first time I heard 8ball being discussed up top in any form or fashion. im NOT saying he was poppin off of that. 8ball & MJG were never national stars. not even when they signed to bad boy.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're deflecting. You're bringing up BS that has nothing to do with anything. That's classic deflection.

$21.99 isn't cheap for a double cd. The list prices for Street's Disciple nor Blueprint 2 were that high and like most music, those were on sale when they first dropped too. They were regularly priced like a normal album.

Breh, you are an Outkast hater. Anybody familiar with you as a poster knows that. I've never made a Kast thread, but you have. I am not the one who out of the blue posted "Outkast had nothing to do with the rise of Atlanta" in an Andre 3000 vs. Jadakiss thread, but you did.

youre the one the one that brought outkast up. NOT ME. I don't care about them dudes b. I made a thread about them being overrated and some of you dudes have been following me around about it ever since.

I said the bolded IN RESPONSE to what someone said in that andre/jada thread. I didn't make that statement out the blue. YOURE THE ONE in here bringing it up out the blue. im still trying to figure out why you are forcing this chit in a thread about early-mid 90s east coast rap.

and im not even gonna bother arguing with you about the pricing. you've already been sonned continuously by a handful of other people about it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

you've already proven that you don't know what was poppin nationally and what wasn't.

and im not even saying all that. im just saying it was a popular rap city video, and was the first time I heard 8ball being discussed up top in any form or fashion. im NOT saying he was poppin off of that. 8ball & MJG were never national stars. not even when they signed to bad boy.

The whole discussion of Eightball & MJG had nothing to do with whether they were poppin nationally. I stated that they were one of the acts that were already gold before No Limit blew. You claimed that No Limit gave Suave House as a whole their biggest hit, which isn't true. I gave you an example of how "That Girl" was bigger. You tried to play like you'd never heard of the song and later described the video.

"Pure Uncut" is Eightball's solo single, so as a solo artist that was most people's introduction to him, but that's moving goal posts on your part because it wasn't Suave's biggest song because these exist:

Space Age Pimpin
Like Candy
That Girl
Sho Nuff

Who said they were national stars?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Comedy.

THANK YOU!!!

str8 exposed that clown. he always posts in that 'full of chit' style in most threads too.

and yea, I remember that thread. I don't know what thread it was exactly but I remember it. I wasn't even the main one sonning him. I got my hits in, but it was mostly @mobbinfms & others smacking him around that thread.

:pachaha:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
"Pure Uncut" is Eightball's solo single, so as a solo artist that was most people's introduction to him, but that's moving goal posts on your part because it wasn't Suave's biggest song because these exist:

Space Age Pimpin
Like Candy
That Girl
Sho Nuff

Who said they were national stars?

these songs didn't make a dent up top.

just sit down & shut up already.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

youre the one the one that brought outkast up. NOT ME. I don't care about them dudes b. I made a thread about them being overrated and some of you dudes have been following me around about it ever since.

I said the bolded IN RESPONSE to what someone said in that andre/jada thread. I didn't make that statement out the blue. YOURE THE ONE in here bringing it up out the blue. im still trying to figure out why you are forcing this chit in a thread about early-mid 90s east coast rap.

and im not even gonna bother arguing with you about the pricing. you've already been sonned continuously by a handful of other people about it.

I brought up Kast for the same reason I brought up Eightball & MJG. These were Southern acts that were already consistently moving units before No Limit blew up which nullifies No Limit blowing up The South when that whole movement was centered exclusively around Louisiana artists. You proceeded to argue and downplay Kast as usual. Nobody follows you into threads. You just can't help throwing shots at Kast and that Andre/Jada thread is an example. Even if you were responding to someone else's post that comment against Kast was blatant revisionist and ignorant.

Nobody sonned me about the pricing.