East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
***EXCLUSIVE*** INTERVIEW WITH LEGEND MR. SERV ON…TALKS ABOUT NO LIMIT, HIS NEW PROJECTS AND ARTISTS, MR MAGIC, HAVING A CHILD WITH AUTISM AND HAS A MESSAGE FOR MASTER P…

^^^ The above statement was made by Mr. Serv-On, a No Limit artist, and he emphasizes "we" meaning No Limit. So if No Limit was giving props and respect for opening doors for Southern music, how can one big up No Limit and at the same time diss and downplay Kast when you have No Limit giving them props. So why exactly is Outkast relevant to the discussion:

I told you I was done with you in this thread, BUT I didn't catch this old post of yours.
don't get it twisted, I still didn't read those last two posts you just dropped, and still wont.

mr serv-on prolly never stepped foot onto the east coast until after master p blew up. he doesn't know what moved the needle & what didn't. just like you don't. he doesn't know what type of base they had up top. he just knows that hes friends with big boi and they blew up before he got on.

outkast was in the alternative lane. nobody listened to them and said, "hey let me check out that new mr serv-on or trick daddy or some atlanta rappers".

and that's not even a knock on outkast. it just is what it is. but of course, youre gonna chalk it up to hating. have fun.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
East Coast didnt lose its footing til the 00s.

Exactly....and really it was bout after 2002/3 .....99-03 was still some epic years....

im noticing that some of yall aren't understanding the concept of this thread.

im not saying that the east coast didn't bounce back status wise after this time period. im not saying that they faded into oblivion.

hell, the east coast is flourishing in the mainstream right now as we speak.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told you I was done with you in this thread, BUT I didn't catch this old post of yours.
don't get it twisted, I still didn't read those last two posts you just dropped, and still wont.

mr serv-on prolly never stepped foot onto the east coast until after master p blew up. he doesn't know what moved the needle & what didn't. just like you don't. he doesn't know what type of base they had up top. he just knows that hes friends with big boi and they blew up before he got on.

outkast was in the alternative lane. nobody listened to them and said, "hey let me check out that new mr serv-on or trick daddy or some atlanta rappers".

and that's not even a knock on outkast. it just is what it is. but of course, youre gonna chalk it up to hating. have fun.

How are you going to speak for where Serv-On did and didn't go? Do you know him personally?

I've never seen anyone on here go out of their way to discredit a statement with a bunch of "probablys" and attempt to say what someone they never even met did or didn't do.

He and Big Boi were not friends.

You have no room to call anyone crazy after the insanity that is this post.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
How are you going to speak for where Serv-On did and didn't go? Do you know him personally?

He and Big Boi were not friends.

I know he aint spent enough time up-top to be cognizant enough to not make that statement. it doesn't take a genius to figure out what perspective his statement was coming from.

I could at least see if he said that about the flag-bearers in 2 live crew & the geto boys.

big boi has been to his house. so unless it was just a party or something, I don't see how he would be pulling up at his house like that. but hey, you know better right??:skip:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know he aint spent enough time up-top to be cognizant enough to not make that statement. it doesn't take a genius to figure out what perspective his statement was coming from.

I could at least see if he said that about the flag-bearers in 2 live crew & the geto boys.

big boi has been to his house. so unless it was just a party or something, I don't see how he would be pulling up at his house like that. but hey, you know better right??:skip:

So basically because you don't like or agree with his statement, you're dismissing it all together? You don't know whether or not he spent enough time up top.

Going to someone's house doesn't make them friends.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
So basically because you don't like or agree with his statement, you're dismissing it all together? You don't know whether or not he spent enough time up top.

Going to someone's house doesn't make them friends.

im from up top. I know whats what and whos who. theres nothing that someone from louisiannna can possibly tell me on the matter. end of discussion. you've derailed the thread long enough.

I really don't care about the bolded either way bro. im not about to go back-n-forth on whether two people who I don't know personally are friends or not. just saying, aint nobody from OT pulling up to my house like that if I don't rock with you. I don't care about this tho. LOL.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im from up top. I know whats what and whos who. theres nothing that someone from louisiannna can possibly tell me on the matter. end of discussion. you've derailed the thread long enough.

I really don't care about the bolded either way bro. im not about to go back-n-forth on whether two people who I don't know personally are friends or not. just saying, aint nobody from OT pulling up to my house like that if I don't rock with you. I don't care about this tho. leave it alone. LOL.

Breh, you being from wherever you're from gives you no authority to say what someone else knows or doesn't know. You don't know how much time Serv spent in NY. Just because he's from Louisiana says nothing about where he's been. It's always the most arrogant that are the least knowledgeable.

I didn't derail this thread. You got arguments in this same thread about Silkk the Shocker before I made one post in it. So you're going to tell me that Silkk has anything to do with the thread.

All you're continuing to do is show just how far you're willing to go to discredit Outkast.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And keep it consistent because you don't see @Wacky D downplaying Master P's double album, which didn't cost as much as most doubles either. Yet, he's trying to prop Master P's 4X platinum Da Last Don up there with Jay's and X's 5X platinum albums knowing full well P's sold less with a double than they did with single albums.

another old post that I just now read.

stop lying on my name. fakkit.

Breh, you being from wherever you're from gives you no authority to say what someone else knows or doesn't know.

goodnight

go continue your fantasy somewhere else buddy.

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
lol

youre a f*ckin idiot.

none of those people know me from a can of paint, and don't even know if im a human.:laugh: but yet, you take their word for it.

what makes it even worse, is that I don't even think anybody actually made such a comment anyway.

:ufdup:

I knew you were not cognitive about the culture during the early nineties cause you are to rnb obsessed.

There is no way you read the source back then at all, breh.

You know you a late start in this.
Just drop the keyboard cause you tweaked't.

Before ice cube and wsc came along the source was the bible period. Xxl would not even exist if not for the situation.

Art Barr

in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

giphy.gif

and don't even attempt to respond
just hold this L
and hold it with dignity

:mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

:dwillhuh: this is the best you can come up with?

1.) HE DIDNT SAY WHAT YOU CLAIMED. nowhere near such.
2.) nor does he know me from a can of paint anyway, and still didn't know what he was talking about. plus he was just blowing off steam because in some other thread, I said r&b was better than hip-hop in the early '90s, which hes still upset about.

why did you even respond with this bullchit??
is it because you want the last word, so you can feel like youre maintaining your internet rep, since you don't have any type of reputation in real life?

Last edited:
Daps
nobody gonna mention all the damn drama and beef they had? i was listening to some prodigy stories.... everybody had beefs. jay z, nas, mobb deep, dipset, murder inc, g unit, biggie, lil kim, foxy. even today a lot of them nikkas got beefs. as opposed to LA where most rappers seemed united or at least stay out of each others way to make huge takeovers for 90s and the 2010s.

i mean, i get it...new york nikkas just piled on top off each other in small ass spaces and a small ass city where everybody wanna shine. but lesson learned, you can only get so far being an aggy ass hater :francis:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nobody gonna mention all the damn drama and beef they had? i was listening to some prodigy stories.... everybody had beefs. jay z, nas, mobb deep, dipset, murder inc, g unit, biggie, lil kim, foxy. even today a lot of them nikkas got beefs. as opposed to LA where most rappers seemed united or at least stay out of each others way to make huge takeovers for 90s and the 2010s.

i mean, i get it...new york nikkas just piled on top off each other in small ass spaces and a small ass city where everybody wanna shine. but lesson learned, you can only get so far being an aggy ass hater :francis:

LA rappers were beefing like crazy too bro.

all that kumbaya unity stuff is overrated. competition is better actually. it only becomes a problem when people start blackballing and making power moves on each other.

also, most of the names you mentioned all had big success and aren't from the time period im referring to with this thread.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
as opposed to LA where most rappers seemed united or at least stay out of each others way to make huge takeovers

:what:

NWA members were shytting all over each other.

Didn't MC Eiht make a video mocking DJ Quik getting killed?

Wasn't Kam bragging about Solo knocking out Cube and taking his chain?

West Side Connection vs Cypress Hill

2pac told Dre to check his temperature.

Didn't Nate Dogg use a golf club on one of Eazys peoples?

Weren't Kurupt and Daz going back and forth in the early 2000's?

Didnt Suge have someone snuff Dre at that award show?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Didn't Nate Dogg use a golf club on one of Eazys peoples?

gangsta dresta.

and the golf club didn't phase dresta, and he proceeded to chase nate dogg around the golf course.

nobody ever tells the whole story.