East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

Daps
NWA members were shytting all over each other. Didn't MC Eiht make a video mocking DJ Quik getting killed? Wasn't Kam bragging about Solo knocking out Cube and taking his chain? West Side Connection vs Cypress Hill. 2pac told Dre to check his temperature. Didn't Nate Dogg use a golf club on one of Eazys peoples? Weren't Kurupt and Daz going back and forth in the early 2000's? Didnt Suge have someone snuff Dre at that award show?

all the death row stuff definitely related to the downfall of cali at the end of that era....that is why i named specific times. my point stands

Daps
LA rappers were beefing like crazy too bro.
all that kumbaya unity stuff is overrated. competition is better actually. it only becomes a problem when people start blackballing and making power moves on each other.
also, most of the names you mentioned all had big success and aren't from the time period im referring to with this thread.

cali beefs, especially death row shenanigans, definitely related to the downfall of cali at that era, thats why i tried to name specific eras. unity and competition are not mutually exclusive (see kendricks control verse and TDE in general where they are definitely competitive but aint no beef (except bytch ass drake of course). im not sure i agree with your time period of when the east coast lost footing. they still was major throughout the 90s. my point stands

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
did you read the times of the Cali takeovers that i mentioned? who is beefing in the 2010s? my point stands

:stopitslime:

OK...I see u doing the "jump from one thing to the next" and its insulting my intellegence. The topic is about the 90's and you mentioned a bunch of 90's rappers when making your statement. nobody gonna mention all the damn drama and beef they had? Those are your words and u said that in reference to the 90's.....U didnt say anything about NYC beefing in this decade nore did u mention any rappers beefing from this decade. U know what...I dont even care..anymore...u can have the last word.

Daps
OK...I see u doing the "jump from one thing to the next" and its insulting my intellegence. The topic is about the 90's and you mentioned a bunch of 90's rappers when making your statement. nobody gonna mention all the damn drama and beef they had? Those are your words and u said that in reference to the 90's.....U didnt say anything about NYC beefing in this decade nore did u mention any rappers beefing from this decade. U know what...I dont even care..anymore...u can have the last word.

selective quoting lol. go re-read, i specifically said "even today a lot of them nikkas got beefs" which is not the case during this LA reign. dont huff and puff at me because you completely read what you wanted to instead of reading for comprehension. :mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
cali beefs, especially death row shenanigans, definitely related to the downfall of cali at that era, thats why i tried to name specific eras. unity and competition are not mutually exclusive (see kendricks control verse and TDE in general where they are definitely competitive but aint no beef (except bytch ass drake of course). im not sure i agree with your time period of when the east coast lost footing. they still was major throughout the 90s. my point stands

how do you not agree with my timeline when you yourself are saying that the west coast was on top during the exact same time period?
between that and most of the east coast names you mentioned, not really being apart of the timeline given, I think you may not have fully understood this thread.

the death row era was the only time the west coast was the clear-cut number 1. and their entire reign was fueled by beef from start to finish. so what you saying?

the west coast's downfall stems from the fact that they didn't produce any new stars or producers to grab the torch in the late '90s, and didn't come up with a new sound after g-funk ran its course.

unity means nothing when it comes to the rise/fall of a city/coast. its all about the corporate positioning, production & outlets. hence the reasons why atlanta sits on top of the south and even takes credit for the south's rise, which they really didn't have much to do with.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the mental image of nate dogg golf clubbing nikkas GTA style :dead:

how about the mental image of nate dogg getting chased around the golf course BY ONE MAN after he realized his golf club did no damage to gangsta dresta.

SERIOUSLY. I never seen nobody get praised for something like this. am I the only one that saw the entire video??

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do you not agree with my timeline when you yourself are saying that the west coast was on top during the exact same time period?
between that and most of the east coast names you mentioned, not really being apart of the timeline given, I think you may not have fully understood this thread.

the death row era was the only time the west coast was the clear-cut number 1. and their entire reign was fueled by beef from start to finish. so what you saying?

the west coast's downfall stems from the fact that they didn't produce any new stars or producers to grab the torch in the late '90s, and didn't come up with a new sound after g-funk ran its course.

unity means nothing when it comes to the rise/fall of a city/coast. its all about the corporate positioning, production & outlets. hence the reasons why atlanta sits on top of the south and even takes credit for the south's rise, which they really didn't have much to do with.

Atlanta sits on top of the South because Atlanta is huge part of the reason of the South's rise. Atlanta didn't invent Crunk music, but definitely popularized it via Lil' Jon. From that birthed modern trap and snap.

Lil' Jon, T.I., and Jeezy were among the biggest rappers in Hip Hop.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Atlanta sits on top of the South because Atlanta is huge part of the reason of the South's rise. Atlanta didn't invent Crunk music, but definitely popularized it via Lil' Jon. From that birthed modern trap and snap.

Lil' Jon, T.I., and Jeezy were among the biggest rappers in Hip Hop.

the south was already huge before then.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the south was already huge before then.

The South was not at that level before Crunk took off. After that, The South was everywhere. Artists from everywhere were coming to The South for hit records whether it was features or production.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The South was not at that level before Crunk took off. After that, The South was everywhere. Artists from everywhere were coming to The South for hit records whether it was features or production.

okay buddy