East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
which Silkk song do you like better than

Second Round KO

100 Bars

Horsementality

Buckingham Palace

Which features did Silkk rip that made the Hip Hop world think a dragon was being unleashed upon it
I like every single Silk song better than those

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I like every single Silk song better than those

okay.

We obviously cannot communicate since we interpret things entirely oppositely

Not just different. Totally the reverse from one another

Have fun with that music mayne. There's someone for everyone

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No Limit's stats aren't more impressive. They dropped more albums. And No Limit wasn't just some dinky dink imprint distributed through Koch or some small time label. No Limit was distributed via Priority. What made No Limit independent is the 80/20 split.

It's not a "we". You inserted yourself into a discussion I was having with someone else.

Eightball & MJG were more so national stars than anyone on No Limit that wasn't P, Silkk, Snoop or Mystikal. Just say you don't know "That Girl". If you know the "Pure Uncut" record, there's no way you don't know that song considering it was much bigger.

And again you're confusing relevance with dominance.

If the mid '00's is when you're claiming ATL broke through, then there's no way you're claiming The South blew up in 1998 considering ATL becoming dominant in the mid 00's was the snowball effect of the entire South being dominant. In the mid '00's, Kast had an album that was certified 11X Platinum (11 million shipped and 5.5 million sold), Luda was 2X platinum, Lil Jon was 2X platinum, Trick Daddy was platinum, a host of Houston rappers went platinum. Three Six dropped their biggest album. Meanwhile, Jay and 50 were the last sales juggernauts on the East.

Out of ignorance and hate for Kast, you claimed they had nothing to do with the rise of Atlanta, which is a lie. Statements like that is why your Hip Hop pass stays in question as it is in this thread.

And yes, most of the artists on No Limit were novelty acts. They only had one album.

Timbaland's drum programming is Southern hence what Jay refers to as "the Bounce". Again, it is a style that a lot of East Coast artists gravitated to. And Stevie J being influenced by that is him being influenced by a Southern style of production.

- yea but because of that 80/20 split, the vast majority of those albums received less promotions than Koch.

- I didn't have to insert myself into chit. you inserted yourself into MY thread. dumbass. and like I said, you get into the same argument all the time about no limit, and all these people continuously have to correct you on the same chit.

- is "that girl" the video where MJG was on a boat? if so, that chit didn't make a dent. it may have been big down there, but it didn't make noise across-the-board. you never seem to understand the difference.

- a bunch of one and two-hit wonders?? that's not dominance. that's an agenda being pushed.
and earlier you tried to say that master p was a pawn. how could he be such when the industry was too busy trying to get rid of him?

- just because Atlanta's scene popped off later, doesn't mean that the entire south didn't pop off earlier. you sound stupid.
Ludacris & trick daddy saw their biggest success during the louisianna era. I don't know why youre trying to use them as examples.
three-six mafia were reduced to being a shuck-n-jive trio at that point. I wouldn't even be claiming that chit if they were from my city.

- me saying outkast had nothing to do with atlanta's rise, isnt an insult. its just fact. youre taking it as an insult because you get gay for them niccas.
I don't know how many times I have to tell you......actually im sure you already know that most outkast fans outside of the south, don't f*ck with southern hip-hop, ESPECIALLY not most of the stuff that atlanta churns out. and by the time they sold 5 millions copies of a $10 double-cd:laugh:, most of their buyers weren't even really into hip-hop, and this was during the time period that atlanta was blowing up off of crunk music. that's not an insult. just facts. get off they tops.

most no limit artists had multiple albums. don't give me no C & D-listers.

the cam & ruff ryders stuff was a far cry away from what timbaland was doing. and i'll just leave it at that. last thing I need is for you to come running in here with your rainbow flag and start arguing about anything timbaland related.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- yea but because of that 80/20 split, the vast majority of those albums received less promotions than Koch.

- I didn't have to insert myself into chit. you inserted yourself into MY thread. dumbass. and like I said, you get into the same argument all the time about no limit, and all these people continuously have to correct you on the same chit.

- is "that girl" the video where MJG was on a boat? if so, that chit didn't make a dent. it may have been big down there, but it didn't make noise across-the-board. you never seem to understand the difference.

- a bunch of one and two-hit wonders?? that's not dominance. that's an agenda being pushed.
and earlier you tried to say that master p was a pawn. how could he be such when the industry was too busy trying to get rid of him?

- just because Atlanta's scene popped off later, doesn't mean that the entire south didn't pop off earlier. you sound stupid.
Ludacris & trick daddy saw their biggest success during the louisianna era. I don't know why youre trying to use them as examples.
three-six mafia were reduced to being a shuck-n-jive trio at that point. I wouldn't even be claiming that chit if they were from my city.

- me saying outkast had nothing to do with atlanta's rise, isnt an insult. its just fact. youre taking it as an insult because you get gay for them niccas.
I don't know how many times I have to tell you......actually im sure you already know that most outkast fans outside of the south, don't f*ck with southern hip-hop, ESPECIALLY not most of the stuff that atlanta churns out. and by the time they sold 5 millions copies of a $10 double-cd:laugh:, most of their buyers weren't even really into hip-hop, and this was during the time period that atlanta was blowing up off of crunk music. that's not an insult. just facts. get off they tops.

most no limit artists had multiple albums. don't give me no C & D-listers.

the cam & ruff ryders stuff was a far cry away from what timbaland was doing. and i'll just leave it at that. last thing I need is for you to come running in here with your rainbow flag and start arguing about anything timbaland related.

No Limit having an 80/20 split is what gave artists like Kane & Abel and Fiend enough promo to go Gold. Fiend didn't have that with Big Boy records.

Just because this is your thread doesn't mean you speak for somebody else especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

Whether or not "That Girl" made noise across the board wasn't even the point of that exchange. You made it a point that No Limit gave Suave their biggest hit, which is a lie. "Pure Uncut" wasn't bigger than "That Girl". And surely, "Pure Uncut" wasn't a hit across the board either.

You're in here arguing how No Limit blew the South up, but are talking about the Houston movement producing one-hit wonders, when No Limit acutally housed a bunch of no-hit wonders during their peak. And again, people were going on about how P was dumbing down Hip Hop. The industry wasn't trying to get rid of him. P, like anyone else in his position, had his haters.

Atlanta was the epicenter of The South's dominance. When ATL became dominant, the rest of The South followed. When Ludacris debuted, No Limit was no longer poppin' like that and CMR was not doing that well either. Trick's biggest album came out after No Limit and CMR had waned significantly in popularity as well. Both Trick and Luda were considerably more popular than anyone on No Limit or CMR at the time. What you think of Three Six doesn't change the fact that their biggest success was 2005.

You saying Outkast had nothing to do with Atlanta's rise is an insult fueled by your years of hatred towards them. Anybody that's been a part of Hip Hop, knows Outkast was significant in Atlanta's rise and even their biggest detractors would disagree with you. You don't speak for most Kast fans outside of the South, because you're not one of them. Your opinion is therefore null. And you can't be speaking about "riding tops" when you've spent the majority of this thread trying to convince posters that Silkk is dope after they adamantly had not interest in Silkk's music. And you're even contradicting yourself by riding for Silkk and saying the Source had to put Silkk on their cover because he was hotter than X (according to you). I guess the same Source had to put Eightball on the same cover, because he shared that same cover with Silkk on the fold out. "Bu, bu, but, you had to fold out the cover to see Eightball". Doesn't change the fact that he's on the cover.

And for the last time, Kast's double album wasn't sold for no $5:

Speakerboxxx.jpg

Most No Limit artists didn't have multiple albums. Most No Limit artists were C & D listers.

And again, you are still lost on the Cam & Ruff Ryders thing. This wasn't your argument to begin with.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Man. I fukked wit No Limit back then. Especially Ghetto D and anything Mystikal related. But nikkas is smokin some serious shyt if they think the south was "running shyt" in 98. Literally legendary East Coast acts was either debuting in 98. Or dropping juggernaut albums. nikkas trippin. Lol

nobody said the bolded but yall running with misquotes in hopes of proving a point.

we're just saying that's when they reached common ground.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Whether or not "That Girl" made noise across the board wasn't even the point of that exchange. You made it a point that No Limit gave Suave their biggest hit, which is a lie. "Pure Uncut" wasn't bigger than "That Girl". And surely, "Pure Uncut" wasn't a hit across the board either.

:dwillhuh:

I said $10.
I just realized that youre dyslexic. im glad I first glanced at your post from the bottom up.
I knew something was wrong with you. I mean, nothing wrong with being dyslexic, unless its a combination of stupid that goes along with it.

stupid chit like the next comment you made here.
making noise across the board is THEE ABSOLUTE POINT of this exchange.
its one thing for you to derail the thread, but at least understand what youre arguing about before you start typing essays.

"pure uncut" was a rap city classic that at least put people on NATIONAL notice about the album. that along with the triple cd concept of course.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No Limit having an 80/20 split is what gave artists like Kane & Abel and Fiend enough promo to go Gold. Fiend didn't have that with Big Boy records.

Just because this is your thread doesn't mean you speak for somebody else especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

You're in here arguing how No Limit blew the South up, but are talking about the Houston movement producing one-hit wonders, when No Limit acutally housed a bunch of no-hit wonders during their peak. And again, people were going on about how P was dumbing down Hip Hop. The industry wasn't trying to get rid of him. P, like anyone else in his position, had his haters.

Atlanta was the epicenter of The South's dominance. When ATL became dominant, the rest of The South followed. When Ludacris debuted, No Limit was no longer poppin' like that and CMR was not doing that well either. Trick's biggest album came out after No Limit and CMR had waned significantly in popularity as well. Both Trick and Luda were considerably more popular than anyone on No Limit or CMR at the time. What you think of Three Six doesn't change the fact that their biggest success was 2005.

You saying Outkast had nothing to do with Atlanta's rise is an insult fueled by your years of hatred towards them. Anybody that's been a part of Hip Hop, knows Outkast was significant in Atlanta's rise and even their biggest detractors would disagree with you. You don't speak for most Kast fans outside of the South, because you're not one of them. Your opinion is therefore null. And you can't be speaking about "riding tops" when you've spent the majority of this thread trying to convince posters that Silkk is dope after they adamantly had not interest in Silkk's music. And you're even contradicting yourself by riding for Silkk and saying the Source had to put Silkk on their cover because he was hotter than X (according to you). I guess the same Source had to put Eightball on the same cover, because he shared that same cover with Silkk on the fold out. "Bu, bu, but, you had to fold out the cover to see Eightball". Doesn't change the fact that he's on the cover.

Most No Limit artists didn't have multiple albums. Most No Limit artists were C & D listers.

And again, you are still lost on the Cam & Ruff Ryders thing. This wasn't your argument to begin with.

a lot of misinformation and just out-the-loop posting. lemme wrap this up and this might be my last response towards you. the numbers aren't even worth it.

-how did I spend the majority of the thread talking about silkk the shocker? his name didn't even come up until the last few pages. this thread is on page 17, DUMMY.

- fiend, kane & abel had gold-level promotion to you??:heh:

- your argument with dude began and ended in this thread for everybody to see. anybody can read it and see that you didn't get the gist of what he was saying. and he said the same thing himself, right after me.:whistle: what you gonna reach for next?

- :dahell: I never made any comment about Houston in this thread whatsoever. the f*ck kinda drugs are you on?

- atlanta was pretty much the last city to really blow up from the south in terms of rap. I cant think of any cities outside of Georgia that made any strides after them.

- trick's popularity peaked in 2001 and he wasn't THAT popular. Ludacris been Ludacris since 2000. this is all still new orleans years.

- its not an insult, but if you insist on taking it as one, be my guest. the bottom line is that outkast was an alternative rap group. that's like me sitting up here saying that the roots were responsible for philly's hip-hop scene returning to national relevance. LOL. im not hating on outkast. youre just mad because im not letting you stat-pad. same way nobody lets you stat-pad that $10 double album as being a legit diamond release.

- not even gonna bother wasting anymore time on the last two comments.:snoop:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

I said $10.
I just realized that youre dyslexic. im glad I first glanced at your post from the bottom up.
I knew something was wrong with you. I mean, nothing wrong with being dyslexic, unless its a combination of stupid that goes along with it.

stupid chit like the next comment you made here.
making noise across the board is THEE ABSOLUTE POINT of this exchange.
its one thing for you to derail the thread, but at least understand what youre arguing about before you start typing essays.

"pure uncut" was a rap city classic that at least put people on NATIONAL notice about the album. that along with the triple cd concept of course.

:camby:

You have no idea what dyslexia is. Don't try to deflect and play that tired mental disabilities card, which says far more about you than it does me. And again, you still ain't even address the overall point, which was whether they sold the CD for $5 or $10, what does the price tag say?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:camby:

You have no idea what dyslexia is. Don't try to deflect and play that tired mental disabilities card, which says far more about you than it does me. And again, you still ain't even address the overall point, which was whether they sold the CD for $5 or $10, what does the price tag say?

how am I deflecting when I responded to everything you said?

I didn't know you wanted me to search for that little ass price tag.

21.99 is still relatively cheap for a double cd.
and that wasn't even the going price when it came out and was really selling. youre not slick.

not to mention, this is a pointless argument anyway, and you always claim im a outkast hater, but youre the one constantly bringing them up.:laugh:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Hiphop is a battle of perspectives,personas and lifestyles.
In the early 90's the west coast simply had the better/cooler personas,fresher perspective and were living a more entertaining lifestyle.
Rap is a campaign,the west coast campaign just happens to be what took hiphop into the next stratosphere.
If not for that hiphop likely would have just been a fad that died in NY.
Its the constant migration and battle of perspectives that kept it alive and made it as big as it became.
I would argue with OP,because NY found its footing again by the late 90's.
They just had competetion from the south who also found equal footing in the late 90's.
Then by the mid 2000's the south had a dominate foothold on hiphop and hasn't really looked back since.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of misinformation and just out-the-loop posting. lemme wrap this up and this might be my last response towards you. the numbers aren't even worth it.

-how did I spend the majority of the thread talking about silkk the shocker? his name didn't even come up until the last few pages. this thread is on page 17, DUMMY.

- fiend, kane & abel had gold-level promotion to you??:heh:

- your argument with dude began and ended in this thread for everybody to see. anybody can read it and see that you didn't get the gist of what he was saying. and he said the same thing himself, right after me.:whistle: what you gonna reach for next?

- :dahell: I never made any comment about Houston in this thread whatsoever. the f*ck kinda drugs are you on?

- atlanta was pretty much the last city to really blow up from the south in terms of rap. I cant think of any cities outside of Georgia that made any strides after them.

- trick's popularity peaked in 2001 and he wasn't THAT popular. Ludacris been Ludacris since 2000. this is all still new orleans years.

- its not an insult, but if you insist on taking it as one, be my guest. the bottom line is that outkast was an alternative rap group. that's like me sitting up here saying that the roots were responsible for philly's hip-hop scene returning to national relevance. LOL. im not hating on outkast. youre just mad because im not letting you stat-pad. same way nobody lets you stat-pad that $10 double album as being a legit diamond release.

- not even gonna bother wasting anymore time on the last two comments.:snoop:

You spent a considerable amount of this thread waxing poetic about Silkk The Shocker.

Kane & Abel and Fiend were staples on No Limit albums. They had full page ads and not at the back of the magazines where they put all those obscure underground acts, but they were near the feature stories. They had videos that got aired on Rap City.

Again, it still had nothing to do with you.

I brought up Houston and you went on a rant about one hit wonders.

Atlanta was not the last city in The South to blow. Atlanta had platinum and gold artists BEFORE even New Orleans blew up. Beforre Memphis had acts doing numbers, Atlanta already had acts doing numbers. Before Atlanta, Houston (Geto Boys) and Miami (2 Live Crew) are the only Southern cities you could say were on the map.

How are you going to say 2000 and 2001 were New Orleans years when none of those artists were bigger than Luda or Trick?

Outkast and The Roots are a false equivalency in regard to what you are talking about. Outkast, especially in the 90's wasn't an alternative rap group. The Roots is a unique set up because it's a Hip Hop band in which Black Thought and Malik B are the MC's. They ain't exactly blow up in the mainstream until like 1999 and they were a part of that whole Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli wave. That wasn't Kast.

Outkast has a diamond album. Deal with it. It's as legit a diamond album as any.