East Coast Lost It's Footing In the Early-Mid '90s Because Of The Lack Of Entertainment Value

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these songs didn't make a dent up top.

just sit down & shut up already.

And you're contradicting yourself. Everyone of the songs I listed were heavy on Rap City. If you weren't paying attention, then that's on you. It means you are behind and plenty of people outside of The South who attest to the fact that their first time hearing Eightball & MJG was one of those songs.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And you're contradicting yourself. Everyone of the songs I listed were heavy on Rap City. If you weren't paying attention, then that's on you. It means you are behind and plenty of people outside of The South who attest to the fact that their first time hearing Eightball & MJG was one of those songs.

:dahell: I never said they were unknown.

you clearly don't understand what im saying.

get your comprehension game down before you start typing essays.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The whole discussion of Eightball & MJG had nothing to do with whether they were poppin nationally. I stated that they were one of the acts that were already gold before No Limit blew.

that's the ENTIRE point of the whole discussion, dumbass.

you tried to say the south was poppin before master p, and attempted to use 8ball & mjg as an example to prove your point.

now youre trying to backtrack.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
OP disregards the effect sampling laws had on music :mjlol:

Yeah maybe west coast/southern music started to sell more because it was marketed more, because it used less samples and was more profitable.

1990s east coast rap will always be the high watermark for hip-hop.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol
i already posted the link...
not me::: nikkaz on here - claimed you was an R&B dude not into Hip Hop till the late 90’s early 00’s

youre a f*ckin idiot.

none of those people know me from a can of paint, and don't even know if im a human.:laugh: but yet, you take their word for it.

what makes it even worse, is that I don't even think anybody actually made such a comment anyway.

and what :dahell: do you mean thats what gets nikkaz killed & i aint cut for that
how da hell you been into this Hip Hop since the 80’s when you was born in 1985

because I was born into this chit obviously. I was always around it.

with that said, youre clearly not black asking these questions, so stop saying "nikkaz".

and lol @ "cut FOR that".:laugh: somebody please get this geek the f*ck out my face.

I didn't even bother reading the rest of your pointless post.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: I never said they were unknown.

you clearly don't understand what im saying.

get your comprehension game down before you start typing essays.

You tried to prop "Pure Uncut" as a Rap City classic, when the other songs were bigger. Now you're downplaying the other songs.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OP disregards the effect sampling laws had on music :mjlol:

Yeah maybe west coast/southern music started to sell more because it was marketed more, because it used less samples and was more profitable.

1990s east coast rap will always be the high watermark for hip-hop.

what are you talking about?

west coast music was an onslaught of sampling. not just sampling, but str8 rips of older records.

always be the dudes poppin out of nowhere, tryna play somebody with smilies, that say the dumbest chit.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I brought up Kast for the same reason I brought up Eightball & MJG. These were Southern acts that were already consistently moving units before No Limit blew up which nullifies No Limit blowing up The South when that whole movement was centered exclusively around Louisiana artists. You proceeded to argue and downplay Kast as usual. Nobody follows you into threads. You just can't help throwing shots at Kast and that Andre/Jada thread is an example. Even if you were responding to someone else's post that comment against Kast was blatant revisionist and ignorant.

Nobody sonned me about the pricing.

lol @ the bolded.:laugh: that's EXACTLY what you did in this thread, you wierdo.

this is MY thread, about '90s east coast, and you come in here bringing up some f*ckin outkast, and some chit I said in some other thread in response to somebody else.

and the more you talk, the more I can tell that you clearly don't undertstand the concept of blowing up a region. I cant even bother going back-n-forth with you, seeing how you cant even comprehend the basics of the topic...…...a topic that has no place in this thread anyway.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You tried to prop "Pure Uncut" as a Rap City classic, when the other songs were bigger. Now you're downplaying the other songs.

those songs may or may not have been bigger regionally. but if so, then thats about it. what the f*ck don't you understand?

its one thing for you to go way off-topic, but youre not even coherent.

im done talking to you in this thread. not even reading your next reply.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
we agree overall BUT:
outkast wasn't selling like that back then.
stop with the forced plugs.

anyway, before biggie, ONYX was moving in '93. again tho, one of the chosen few.
:rudy: REALLY???? Ok so their 1st album went GOLD. Everything after that sold no less than double platinum

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:rudy: REALLY???? Ok so their 1st album went GOLD. Everything after that sold no less than double platinum

:snoop:

do you not see the names & years listed in that exchange??

clearly, their later albums aren't apart of that timeline, as they didn't become a multi-platinum act until the 3rd album, which is way after the time period of this thread.

BE SMART SON.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

those songs may or may not have been bigger regionally. but if so, then thats about it. what the f*ck don't you understand?

its one thing for you to go way off-topic, but youre not even coherent.

im done talking to you in this thread. not even reading your next reply.

Breh, they were all bigger than "Pure Uncut" which was what you were arguing was the biggest hit Suave House had. What aren't you getting? Just because you were a No Limit stan doesn't make "Pure Uncut" bigger than it actually was just because it was the first time you heard talk of Eightball.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol @ the bolded.:laugh: that's EXACTLY what you did in this thread, you wierdo.

this is MY thread, about '90s east coast, and you come in here bringing up some f*ckin outkast, and some chit I said in some other thread in response to somebody else.

and the more you talk, the more I can tell that you clearly don't undertstand the concept of blowing up a region. I cant even bother going back-n-forth with you, seeing how you cant even comprehend the basics of the topic...…...a topic that has no place in this thread anyway.

I didn't follow you into this thread. My initial post was about Silkk. My other post had to do in response to No Limit blowing up The South which Kast was first mentioned. Now what is weird is you not even checking the post because No Limit was definitely not a factor during this period, but Kast was. And yes, an OutKast mention was relevant to the post I responded. I could also argue that Kast is relevant to this thread because Kast was a group that beat out other East Coast groups in NYC at an East Coast centric awards show, a show which marked a pivotal moment in Hip Hop, which is a testament to the East losing its footing during that era.

And your criteria on blowing up a region is irrelevant when there were several artists from said region bigger than most artists on the label you're claiming blew it up. Do the knowledge before you post because yet again you end up looking like a student in your own thread getting schooled by every poster in the thread. You'd do better if you knew how to articulate your points and back your claims with facts. Instead, you poster as this child prodigy of a Hip Hop scholar and end up looking dropout.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
no arguments there. we're in agreement.

im just talking about the early-mid '90s. im not saying it was curtains for the east or anything like that.

most important thing is the beats.

the south has been on a lengthy run and they've had almost no influence on lifestyle, fashion, etc.

Sure they have plenty of dudes dressing like MigosFuture and even Young Thug:francis:.
They have had heavy influence on the lingo/slang,the drug addict culture,and the trap lifestyle still remains prevelant in the culture,and hasn't been toppled since the mid 2000's.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Sure they have plenty of dudes dressing like MigosFuture and even Young Thug:francis:.
They have had heavy influence on the lingo/slang,the drug addict culture,and the trap lifestyle still remains prevelant in the culture,and hasn't been toppled since the mid 2000's.

future got his style of dress from the east coast.
young thug as well, aside from the gay chit, which nobody follows.
same with migos, aside from the goofy stuff, which nobody follows.

the south did popularize the term "trap" tho.
but the trap "lifestyle"?? really bro??:laugh:

Last edited: