Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Sunday night tv programming. >>>> Sunday night football

This is also coming off a :ld: 2015 season, a lot of people won't admit last season was :trash:, but I think some of the decline is coming from last season being forgettable

They also marooned damn near every other position in favor of pushing the QB as the face of the team/league. It's almost like no other position has star power anymore. RB's used to be big business, now you don't even know who to draft in fantasy let alone give a commercial to. The NFL needs to let folks shine. The only "new" hot name is Cam...they're living off brady at the moment now that Peyton is gone.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
twitter was only like 240k viewers or something. barely a blip on the map so far. was just an unappealing matchup really, at least last thursday. pats/cards and panthers/denver being down are a better barometer, as those are marquee matchups. nfl to this point has been matchup proof damn near. maybe thats skewing away. 2 week sample doesnt tell much. interested to see how this thursdays game fares. its a good matchup for most fans of football, but pats sans brady and the texans might not be casual fan draws nationally
$twtr

you're welcome.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I have noticed a slight downgrade of excitement this year. And it seemed like there were no big stories heading into the season, nothing to really look out for. Add on you had big stars either suspended(Brady) or retired(Manning). And too many teams are just not good. I think it will pick up though.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you...but ummm...you are assuming the NFL wants these coordinators to figure out how to utilize black QB's...:sas1: The NFL has deliberately tampered with the game so that black QB do not flourish.:mjpls:..and non athletic stiffs like Brady and Manning can sit in the pocket and throw for 500 yards any time they wish...:smugbiden: They have made the running back irrelevant under the guise of "the game moving in a different direction"...:mjpls: Corner Backs, Middle LB's and Free Safetys are hampered by the touchy calls under the guise of new defensive rules :mjpls: and Wide outs are treated like stepchildren...as slot receivers become the focal point for these new type offenses :mjpls: Most of these positions were dominated by men of color...and usually men with big personalities....:mjpls: replaced by stiff white dudes who do it the right way :mjpls: With that being said....I ain't watched a game this year and do not plan to regardless....:yeshrug:

Well said.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Lets not act like the NBA has been setting the ratings world on fire, either:

U5iaMeZ.png