Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
The product on the field is bad, the rules become shyttier every year, and the league is full of scum.

The product on the field is bad because of the rules btw. They favour QBs so much that it's hard to win without one unless you have a seahawks/broncos defense. The rules in general, especially the catch rules/taunting rules/no celebration rules, are all fukking retarded.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
NFL is really losing by not offering this on anything besides Direct TV:francis:

it is available without direct tv.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET Online Streaming | DIRECTV

just put in some random apartment complex or somewhere that they dont allow direct tv to get past the eligible page and u good. I even use the student discount without being a student and pay $24.99 a month for this

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

just put in some random apartment complex or somewhere that they dont allow direct tv to get past the eligible page and u good. I even use the student discount without being a student and pay $24.99 a month for this

This is just for streaming on the computer though right:patrice:

I was referring to broadcasting it through from cable companies:manny:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
The sport is rightfully dying. NBA will eventually overtake it in a couple of years. More stars, superior teams, more progressive, more excitement, better officiating, actually requires high amount of skill & less commercials. Just an all round better product. :wow:

Just need a white American superstar to draw the viewers the NFL attracts & speed up the process. :mjpls:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yo heads in here really saying the ratings dip is because of cord cutting?

You do know that old ass folks in the good ole US of A arent cutting a damn cord for nothing...

They can barely use social media properly.

Im sure they use trending and hash tag usage to make estimations of how many people are watching the Thursday and Sunday night matchups.

I for one have stopped watching many of the pro games because they are flat out predictable whereas the college level is much more competitive.

Oville

Pro
Daps
I wonder if the one day fantasy is having the opposite effect that season long fantasy had on the league for years which is the incentive to watch several games on a week by week basis. With season long fantasy your incentivized to watch all the games with your players each week. With one day fantasy you can pick and choose which weeks you wish to engage which may produce a drop in viewership when people decide they'd rather do or see something else on a particular Sunday.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
This is lowkey one of the biggest problems. You don't have anymore TO, Ochocinco, etc. NFL has really put in a lot of rules to stifle players personalities
Plus Beastmode just retired too
The sport is rightfully dying. NBA will eventually overtake it in a couple of years. More stars, superior teams, more progressive, more excitement, better officiating, actually requires high amount of skill & less commercials. Just an all round better product. :wow:

Just need a white American superstar to draw the viewers the NFL attracts & speed up the process. :mjpls:

How so? The past 6 years The Eastern Conference has been whatever team Lebron is on and then everybody else, nobody to even provide a competitive threat. In the west you have Golden State, San Antonio and....?now you can scratch OKC off the list. Then you have 25+ other teams with a bunch of 1 and done fundamental lacking college players that are just there as place holders until May

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
football is here to stay
biggest sports arenas on the fukking planet
best believe they're gonna fill them somehow that's the bottom line $$$$$$

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

The stream will never be as good as the tv broadcast unfortunately.

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
The game is over legislated. Every year there's new rules and the already incompetent refs are asked to do more. There's been some disastrous calls that make the game incredibly sloppy and frustrating (the Dez catch).

-more taunting calls
-flags for language
-defenseless recievers
-eliminating one of the most exciting elements of the game in kick off returns
-moving back the extra point
-suspending players for weed
-flags for excessive celebration
-PI getting spotted where the foul occurred instead of 15 yards

Goodell is doing a terrible job and trying to be a sheriff has all these scandals becoming major stories during the season.

The games are boring. How is it that a few teams like Pittsburgh and Arizona have all this talent at the skill positions and half the teams have none? The game is too QB dependent and most of those guys aren't marketable. Offenses aren't as dynamic as the college game. Traditional drop back passers:russell:. When coordinators figure out how to utilize black QB's the game will get better:mjpls:

I agree with you...but ummm...you are assuming the NFL wants these coordinators to figure out how to utilize black QB's...:sas1: The NFL has deliberately tampered with the game so that black QB do not flourish.:mjpls:..and non athletic stiffs like Brady and Manning can sit in the pocket and throw for 500 yards any time they wish...:smugbiden: They have made the running back irrelevant under the guise of "the game moving in a different direction"...:mjpls: Corner Backs, Middle LB's and Free Safetys are hampered by the touchy calls under the guise of new defensive rules :mjpls: and Wide outs are treated like stepchildren...as slot receivers become the focal point for these new type offenses :mjpls: Most of these positions were dominated by men of color...and usually men with big personalities....:mjpls: replaced by stiff white dudes who do it the right way :mjpls: With that being said....I ain't watched a game this year and do not plan to regardless....:yeshrug:

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
truthfully, the product has gotten watered down :yeshrug: you cant play defense at all anymore, which means NFL is trending toward NBA status, where only the few teams with a top QB can compete year in and year out

I used to love college football Saturdays and NFL Sundays equally, my whole weekend would damn near revolve around football

I still love Saturdays just as much, nowadays Sunday feels like a hangover day from Saturday, I'm damn near asleep and keep RedZone on in the background