Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
No fun league fcked up. The NBA embraced the players personalities. NFL wants them to be slaves, and forgot that people actually LIKE defense. NFL fell off when Brett farve and urlacher retired. Plus every dam year they are suspending black players for dumb reasons while letting white players literally get away with cheating and rape

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Man basketball and football players gonna be taking some major Ls on their contracts next deals, that TV money is nothing going to be there and they are gonna take a hit, they would have been better off positioning themselves to impose a salary floor and giving up a revenue split for uncapped contracts and no limit to lengths of fully guaranteed contracts than what they did (NBA players that is)

NFL players are dumb asses and will conginue to get shyt on

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
People might as well watch wrestling if they need storylines and characters to be invested
I honestly think MOST people tune in more if there's "storylines" and characters, specifically the casual fan. This is why people like :skip: & :sas1: get paid the big bucks they do. They drive narratives and create "characters" out of players. Even as much of a sports fan as I am, I really can't watch 2 teams play unless I have some sort of "story" to follow. A player or something.

High school and college the "story" is usually hometown or regional pride. You don't even need to know the players, the school name on the jerseys is storyline enough.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA is easily better.

Games under 3 hrs, more exciting actions(dont have to wait 10-15 minutes real time to see your team on offense), more stars, etc

I have no interest in watching 7 foot behemoth play as spory they can only player because they're so unnaturally tall. Cacs don't like NBA either and are going to like it. A decline in cacs is what's causing this blip, not people who watch NBA.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't help that NCAAF is only getting deeper and deeper. Every game has the potential to be an upset nowadays. The Patriots just beat the Dolphins without their first string or mainly their second string QBs. Their marquee games like the Cards/Bucs end up being ass more times than not.

Ain't nothing they can do, CFB will always be more interesting with the variety of looks you get.

The NFL can counter CFB'S popularity by opening a NFL League 2 and stacking it with college talent. Make it like soccer such that the best NFL League 2 teams get promoted and the worst NFL League 1 teams get demoted every season.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think MOST people tune in more if there's "storylines" and characters, specifically the casual fan. This is why people like :skip: & :sas1: get paid the big bucks they do. They drive narratives and create "characters" out of players. Even as much of a sports fan as I am, I really can't watch 2 teams play unless I have some sort of "story" to follow. A player or something.

High school and college the "story" is usually hometown or regional pride. You don't even need to know the players, the school name on the jerseys is storyline enough.

Personally I don't care about storylines, if I like a sport, I'll watch regardless unless the teams are just garbage or their style of play is boring.

I don't disagree that it drives casual fans. I know too many that actually take Skip & Stephen A's "takes" seriously :mjlol:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The NFL can counter CFB'S popularity by opening a NFL League 2 and stacking it with college talent. Make it like soccer such that the best NFL League 2 teams get promoted and the worst NFL League 1 teams get demoted every season.

man NCAA officials gone be sniping Goodell like JFK over some shyt like that

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

True....most causal fans like story lines. That is why all these leagues push story lines and chase casual fans. The causal fans bring in the real money.

Why jokers think that the league push the good guy vs the bad guy? Or the old player who is gonna retire and the Disney like story of going out on top? Or the home town hero comes back to full fill a promise.

These are all story lines for the casual fans.

shyt the NFL superbowl half time show should be called causal fans meet and greet.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TV isn't reflecting a dip in at the gate attendance so this is really more about how viewers are now watching the game.

I work for a media company and it is still difficult for the industry to pick up how many online eyeballs are watching a game

I don't watch games on TV most of the time either. I watch randm streams.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
True....most causal fans like story lines. That is why all these leagues push story lines and chase casual fans. The causal fans bring in the real money.

Why jokers think that the league push the good guy vs the bad guy? Or the old player who is gonna retire and the Disney like story of going out on top? Or the home town hero comes back to full fill a promise.

These are all story lines for the casual fans.

shyt the NFL superbowl half time show should be called causal fans meet and greet.
Yep, I remember Bob Costas pregame intros setting up the storylines for the games on NBC

You HAD to watch the game after watching that intro:russ: