Early-season ratings decline continues for NFL (Update: Ratings plummeting((officially in free fall)

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
It's a mixture of things more people including myself are streaming games,the older crowd really don't like the "new football" as they call it if you talk to most older fans they say the game is too soft and gives QBs and WR a unfair advantage but me personally the NFL was at it best in the 80s you a 4 to 5 teams each year that had a legit chance at going to the super bowl each year in the AFC and NFC now it's only 5 teams in the league that really has a chance to go to the super bowl :yeshrug:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
That game was alright. What was really boring was bengals/steelers on week 2. A division rivalry game and it felt like nothing and I just turned it off.

shyt is whack.
No Leveon, no Bryant, no Vontaze, no Eifert. What angle do you even play up? Too early in the season for that match up to be too exciting. Why the NFL would schedule that game knowing they suspended Taze the first 3 games is beyond me.

Quality of games overall seems just lesser this year IMO

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
I think a big problem with the NFL is that there has been so much emphasis placed on Quarterbacks and they have changed the rules to make QBs the focal point of team success...but theres really only 3 or 4 in the whole league that are impressive.

People criticized the NBA for promoting individual players over teams but the NFL has low key done the exact same thing with the QB position. But at least the NBA actually had the stars to back it up...

:ohhh:

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
When you have your fans watch an absolutely AWFUL Browns vs Dolphins game like the one this past Sunday, your ratings deserve to take multiple hits.
:scust:

When a division consists of Ryan Tannehill :scust: Ryan Fitztragic :scust: and whatever QB the Bills field :scust: to go up against the fantastic QB system being run in New England :lolbron:, you deserve that hit.
:scust:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every week is do or die in CFB.

You lose and your chances of winning a chip DRASTICALLY decrease.

Must see TV.

Most teams aren't in the running for a playoff spot but they still play a more exciting brand of football. College offensives are more unique.

NFL games are wildly inconsistent week to week. Fitzpatrick has a great game then throws 6 picks:mindblown:. I'm supposed to sit through that?

Also game manager QB's make for terrible TV.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Most teams aren't in the running for a playoff spot but they still play a more exciting brand of football. College offensives are more unique.
But it's the upsets :wow: all it takes is one week of you not coming out on top of your game and to the summer jam screen you go :wow:
Plus in just one week you have clemson/Louisville 2 explosive qbs
Michigan/Wisconsin 2 challengers. Gonna see who real who fake
Stanford/Washington same as mich wisky really.
Cfb brehs eat :blessed:
GOAT sport :banderas: