Durham named best city for millennials in US

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Raleigh seemed like a dope ass city.. I had to go down there to the capital when HB2 was popping off. The area around there was nice and looked clean AF. How is Durham compared to Raleigh?? I thought about applying for a job there but I’m not in a hurry at this point.

Raleigh is generally one of the cleanest cities of its size you’ll ever encounter ... Raleigh is the second largest city in N.C. with about 500k in the city proper over a mill in the MSA. Durham is smaller and has more a community feel. Both have spots that are cool for 20s and 30s something’s but both, as with many cities, are being gentrified unfortunately . Both have historic HBCUs... both have a solid black middle class and a fairly decent black upper middle too ... Durham has many of its public offices held by black folks and Raleigh isn’t too far behind with a black mayoral candidate pushing the white incumbent . Durham has been historically more cohesive with its black base, which is now becoming a tad fragmented with gentrification but it’s still really strong. But Durham was a Mecca for black business and still is holding on in that regard .Raleigh’s black base isn’t as cohesive but has comparable buying power ... more new money, tho. Close enough to where you can hit both.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Georgia took most NC productions when HO ASS PAT MCCRORY didn't renew tax breaks for film crews
facts. a few yrs back i knew a few people that were able to book small roles in some major movies and tv shows. I hardly see any casting calls for major movies/tv shows for north carolina these days:beli: only short films etc.

Georgia OTOH has new listings everyday:whoo:

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Peace to Hillside High ... school used to be like some “Lean On Me” shyt :wow:

Deadass. Hillside in the 90's might as well have been in Newark or Paterson somewhere.
The tours I did in Durham I was definitely outside :myman: Catch me back in the day posted up in East End Park with a trunk full of Nautica sweaters talking about "whether or not these fell off the back of a Hecht's delivery truck is neither here nor there.":hubie:

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Raleigh is generally one of the cleanest cities of its size you’ll ever encounter ... Raleigh is the second largest city in N.C. with about 500k in the city proper over a mill in the MSA. Durham is smaller and has more a community feel. Both have spots that are cool for 20s and 30s something’s but both, as with many cities, are being gentrified unfortunately . Both have historic HBCUs... both have a solid black middle class and a fairly decent black upper middle too ... Durham has many of its public offices held by black folks and Raleigh isn’t too far behind with a black mayoral candidate pushing the white incumbent . Durham has been historically more cohesive with its black base, which is now becoming a tad fragmented with gentrification but it’s still really strong. But Durham was a Mecca for black business and still is holding on in that regard .Raleigh’s black base isn’t as cohesive but has comparable buying power ... more new money, tho. Close enough to where you can hit both.

once city in the south burned down, it seems like the indie startup bizz started to slow down. RNS though, if yall got kids and looking for a great school in raleigh, look up Bonner Academy. Owned and ran by a black educator named linda Bonner with black and hispanic staff. They run as a lil basketball prep school too, not really big but she got connections

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Deadass. Hillside in the 90's might as well have been in Newark or Paterson somewhere.
The tours I did in Durham I was definitely outside :myman: Catch me back in the day posted up in East End Park with a trunk full of Nautica sweaters talking about "whether or not these fell off the back of a Hecht's delivery truck is neither here nor there.":hubie:

:laff:

Repped.

TaxCollector13459

Daps
What's trash about it breh breh :dahell:?
It's quiet, it's got entertainment thanks to the base
Yeah nikkas get murked there occasionally but that happens in every city :mjlol: It's really not that bad

Lol man he'll naw.
We either went to big apple, bodytap or husk

Or went outside the city
Ain't shyt in fayetteville, sunnys had the grillz for the low though.

R.i.p to my nikka stro
:mjcry:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Durham, Raleigh, hell the triangle, is a great place to live. We run college basketball (Duke, NC State, & UNC), we got RTP & restaurants for days. We got good music festivals: Hopscotch, Art of Cool and now Dreamville Fest. As long as I can continue to travel as much as I want, I will always call the triangle home.

invalid

Banned
Daps
No thanks, seems kinda boring

Arent lumbees black native american and white? Correct me if im wrong

Take out the “Native American” and you’d be spot on. Just don’t tell a “Lumbee” that.

1. Durham, North Carolina
2. Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania
3. Nashville, Tennessee
4. Des Moines, Iowa
5. Charlotte, North Carolina
6. Syracuse, New York
7. Columbus, Ohio
8. Austin, Texas
9. Greenville, South Carolina
10. Houston, Texas
11. Albany, New York
12. Dallas, Texas
13. Indianapolis, Indiana

Nashville GOAT right now.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Thots and to make it worse they all alcoholics
You ain’t lying. I only know a few of them hoes that can stay sober a full 24 hours. They can drink some liquor.

Used to see them all the time at the Kash & Karry corner store with a brown paper bag in hand. Anytime we’d be on the block chillin and grilling, we was always having to drop one of them hoes off home cause they slumped. They don’t say no to the drink.

Last edited:

TaxCollector13459

Daps
You ain’t lying. I only know a few of them hoes that can stay sober a full 24 hours. They can drink some liquor.

Used to see them all the time at the Kash & Karry corner store with a brown paper bag in hand. Anytime we’d be on the block chillin and grilling, we was always having to drop one of them hoes off home cause they slumped. They don’t say no to the drink.

:wow:

imagine losing your bytch over sum 211 in a paper bag