Durham named best city for millennials in US

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
:wow:

imagine losing your bytch over sum 211 in a paper bag
Used to know a chick just like that. Went to A&T with her. She just loved to drink.

She used to throw house parties all the time. I’d go check on her and the parties super late, and every time nikkas would be over there fuggin shyt up. I’d ask where my homegirl was at and it would never fail, she’d be in the back fugged up, completely out of it. Plenty of nights where I’d have to help her get shyt together, put her sandles/shoes on, etc. I eventually stopped talking with her, but I hope she got her shyt together.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
My best friend moved to Fayetteville after dental school and he's always telling me they're on the come up, they're getting a lot more young professionals to move into the city and starting gentrification projects. Got his whole family to move out there, his brother is a pharmacist out St. Paul's.

I don't care what he tells me though, I couldn't live out there :scust:

invalid

Banned
Daps
They aren’t federally recognized?

Nope and they are not ever going to be with the rise of DNA testing. At 4% Native American, I have more native DNA than the average “Lumbee” who hovers around 2%. That group is around 60% white and 30% black. And many Lumbee surnames are actually of Portuguese origin from slaves taken from Congo and Angola.

Message Boards

They started out as free people of color that used “Native American” as a “protective measure” to prevent themselves from being enslaved in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Last edited:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Nope and they are not ever going to be with the rise of DNA testing. At 4% Native American, I have more native DNA than the average “Lumbee” who hovers around 2%. That group is around 60% white and 30% black. And many Lumbee surnames are actually of Portuguese origin from slaves taken from Congo and Angola.

Message Boards

They started out as free people of color that used “Native American” as a “protective measure” to prevent themselves from being enslaved in the 17th and 18th centuries.

I just found this from last year

Rep. Robert Pittenger, R-N.C., attained a congressional hearing for The Lumbee Recognition Act, a bill that will fully federally recognize the Native American tribe located in southeastern North Carolina.

Lumbee Tribe could be fully federally recognized with new bill

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Same. It was a shytty town fulla strip clubs lol

U was Airborne?

Everyone focuses on the Bragg Blvd side of town with all the strip clubs and fukkery but outside of that it's not that bad :dahell: that's literally one part of a whole damn city!
Man fukk ya'll then:hhh: lol

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
My best friend moved to Fayetteville after dental school and he's always telling me they're on the come up, they're getting a lot more young professionals to move into the city and starting gentrification projects. Got his whole family to move out there, his brother is a pharmacist out St. Paul's.

I don't care what he tells me though, I couldn't live out there :scust:

I should cop a house before the cac wave rolls in :ohhh:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Syracuse? Albany? Pittsburgh? :picard:

Have these cities gotten better or something?

Been to Raleigh/Durham a number of times. Decent city but never really thought it was all that. Granted this was 10 years ago.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I just found this from last year

Rep. Robert Pittenger, R-N.C., attained a congressional hearing for The Lumbee Act, a bill that will fully federally recognize the Native American tribe located in southeastern North Carolina.

Lumbee Tribe could be fully federally recognized with new bill

Since the early 00’s they’ve been trying to get a bill to pass for federal recognition. A couple of times it passes in the House but it always seems to get rejected in the Senate.

And for good reason. Taken from your article:

Ryan Dial-Stanley, a sophomore Lumbee student at UNC, said he hopes full federal recognition will silence critics of Lumbee roots.

“I’ve heard some people say that we aren’t even Indian," he said. "I’ve heard people say that we’re just a tribe invented by the government — some people even think that the name Lumbee was made up. It hurts.”

^^^^Look at buddy’s name^^^^^

ANGOLAN ANCESTORS OF MELUNGEONS IN EARLY 17TH CENTURY VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, DELAWARE AND CAROLINA

1620's: Carter, Cornish, Dale/Dial, Driggers, Gowen/Goins, Johnson, Longo, Mongom/Mongon, Payne

1630's: Cane, Davis, George, Ha
rtman, Sisco, Tann, Wansey

1640's: Archer, Kersey, Mozingo, Webb

1650's: Cuttillo, Jacobs, James

1660's: Beckett, Bell, Charity, Cumbo, Evans, Francis, Guy, Harris, Jones,Landum/Landrum, Lovina/Leviner, Moore, Nickens, Powell, Shorter, Tate, Warrick/Warwick

In the above lists of surnames there is found other documentation that these Africans arriving from 1620-1660 were mostly Angolan. Anthony Johnson's grandson named his Maryland plantation "Angola".

MALUNGU: The African Origin of the American Melungeons - Tim Hashaw - Eclectica Magazine v5n3

Ryan “Dial” has a well-known confirmed and recorded colonial black surname. I’ll tell you what’s not recorded: native “Lumbee” surnames. They don’t exist. Most of these “Lumbee”/“Melungeons” have surnames that are traced back to the earliest Africans in the colonies. And DNA test supports that fact, which is why they can’t get the bill to pass after 20 sum odd years.

They are in denial and appropriating indigenous American culture. Take a look at their wiki page under “Theories and Origins” and see how they’ve tried to coopt the history of all the native groups in their immediate vicinity only for anthropologist to find out that there are no historical, linguistical, or archaeological trails to link them to these groups.

Last edited:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Since the early 00’s they’ve been trying to get a bill to pass for federal recognition. A couple of times it passes in the House but it always seems to get rejected in the Senate.

And for good reason. Taken from your article:

Ryan Dial-Stanley, a sophomore Lumbee student at UNC, said he hopes full federal recognition will silence critics of Lumbee roots.

“I’ve heard some people say that we aren’t even Indian," he said. "I’ve heard people say that we’re just a tribe invented by the government — some people even think that the name Lumbee was made up. It hurts.”

^^^^Look at buddy’s name^^^^^

ANGOLAN ANCESTORS OF MELUNGEONS IN EARLY 17TH CENTURY VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, DELAWARE AND CAROLINA

1620's: Carter, Cornish, Dale/Dial, Driggers, Gowen/Goins, Johnson, Longo, Mongom/Mongon, Payne

1630's: Cane, Davis, George, Ha
rtman, Sisco, Tann, Wansey

1640's: Archer, Kersey, Mozingo, Webb

1650's: Cuttillo, Jacobs, James

1660's: Beckett, Bell, Charity, Cumbo, Evans, Francis, Guy, Harris, Jones,Landum/Landrum, Lovina/Leviner, Moore, Nickens, Powell, Shorter, Tate, Warrick/Warwick

In the above lists of surnames there is found other documentation that these Africans arriving from 1620-1660 were mostly Angolan. Anthony Johnson's grandson named his Maryland plantation "Angola".

MALUNGU: The African Origin of the American Melungeons - Tim Hashaw - Eclectica Magazine v5n3

Ryan “Dial” has a well-known confirmed and recorded colonial black surname. I’ll tell you what’s not recorded: native “Lumbee” surnames. They don’t exist. Most of these “Lumbee”/“Melungeons” have surnames that are traced back to the earliest Africans in the colonies. And DNA test supports that fact, which is why they can’t get the bill to pass after 20 sum odd years.

They are in denial and appropriating indigenous American culture. Take a look at their wiki page under “Theories and Origins” and see how they’ve tried to coopt the history of all the native groups in their immediate vicinity only for anthropologist to find out that there are no historical, linguistical, or archaeological trails to link them to these groups.

I hear you ... but apparently it’s done, so they’re official now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
naw....

i get angry just driving through durham. after growing up there i hate seeing shyt like that

i remember when people were shooting up whole bus routes. they stopped ALL the buses in the city over that shyt. i remember when dudes ran up in the Duke ER shooting looking for one guy. I remember when one of the guys at my school got shot in northgate mall for telling some grown ass man to stop pushing up on his sister and her friend. old high school friend asked me to pick him up from the village a while back

:gucci:

lost a friend that day lol

that city chokes the fukk out of the people who grew up there - and instead of trying to address any of that they just throw the gentrification on top and try and pretend the bullshyt wasn't real

invalid

Banned
Daps
I hear you ... but apparently it’s done, so they’re official now.

I think you misunderstand. That bill is to obtain certain benefits for federally recognized tribes that the Lumbee were not able to obtain because of questions around their authenticity.

That bill has not passed. It was proposed but it’s not official.